Australia: Sydney teen awaiting deportation from NZ - PressFrom - Australia
  •   
  •   

AustraliaSydney teen awaiting deportation from NZ

07:45  11 january  2019
07:45  11 january  2019 Source:   msn.com

Teen faces court after being charged over friend's death

Teen faces court after being charged over friend's death An 18-year-old who allegedly killed his friend when their car slammed into a tree just before Christmas won't be released on bail. Hayden Pepe was allegedly behind the wheel of a silver Ford Sedan that crashed into a creek bed off Nelson Rd in Para Hills in Adelaide, two minutes after police tried pull him over on December 19. He sustained critical head injuries and was rushed to hospital, while his passenger and friend 19-year-old Philip Frith died at the scene. Mr Pepe did not make an application for bail when he appeared in court today.

'Grossly stupid': Sydney teen deported from New Zealand after airline bomb threat. Skip to sections navigation Skip to content Skip to footer. A Sydney teenager who typed "I have a bomb" into an in-flight messaging app as the plane he was travelling in prepared to take off has been deported from

In September 2017, while awaiting deportation in a Sydney detention centre, New Zealand -born Junior Togatuki, 23, took his own life. The teen ’s case — and Junior’s death — has thrown our nation’s hard line deportation laws into the international spotlight. Earlier this week, New Zealand ’s Acting

A 19-year-old Sydney man remains in custody in New Zealand after he reportedly wrote "I have a bomb" into an in-flight messaging app during a flight.

The teenager was arrested at Auckland Airport and charged with breaching the Civil Aviation Act, according to Immigration New Zealand.

He's been identified by local media as Meke Fifita who was returning to Sydney from Tonga on an Air New Zealand flight.

Fifita was arrested on Wednesday night and a court on Thursday heard he wrote the message because he considered it funny, Stuff.co.nz reported.

Judge Anna Johns reportedly ordered he pay a $3000 reparation sum.

Immigration New Zealand national manager Stephanie Greathead on Friday afternoon said the 19-year-old remained in custody.

"New Zealand police and INZ are working to confirm flight details to return the individual to Sydney," she told AAP in a statement.

Teen charged over nine-year-old's alleged sex assault.
An 18-year-old Mauritian man has been extradited from South Australia to NSW to face charges over the alleged sexual assault of a boy while on holiday in 2017.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 0
This is interesting!