AustraliaSerial WA child rapist who claimed 'victims were willing' to be released from jail
I Sued My Rapist And Walked Away With $400,000. This Is What I Learned About Power.
It was 2014.
A serial sex offender, who raped girls as young as three, is about to be released from prison despite saying in March that his victims contributed to the crimes.
The 65-year-old paedophile cannot be identified by law and his whereabouts in the community will be kept secret.
Known only as MGD, the man will be released from prison under Dangerous Sex Offender legislation that places him under strict supervision orders.
One last chance to confess: Australia’s worst ever serial killer Ivan Milat will be questioned over decades-old cold cases linked to him before he succumbs to terminal cancer
Ivan Milat, a 74-year-old former road worker, has protested his innocence, despite being convicted in 1996 over the murder of seven young people between 1989 and 1993. Milat has been transferred from Goulburn's Supermax prison, in southern New South Wales, to Sydney's Prince of Wales Hospital in Randwick.
Supreme Court Judge Anthony Derrick found that MGD could be managed under the orders even though he remained a danger to the community.
"I am satisfied that the respondent, despite his assertions to the contrary, has had, and continues to have, an entrenched deviant sexual interest in pre-pubescent female children," concluded Judge Derrick.
"In these circumstances I am satisfied that the respondent does have a propensity to commit serious sexual offences against pre-pubescent female children in the future. I am so satisfied despite the significant period of time that has elapsed since the respondent committed his serious sexual offences."
MGD was jailed in 2009, after pleading guilty to 21 child sex abuse crimes, including rape. The crimes occurred between 2001 and 2008, and involved the grooming of children and use of pornography prior to carrying out the sexual abuse.
Ashton Kutcher testifies in trial of serial killer suspect Michael Gargiulo
When Ashton Kutcher went to pick up Ashley Ellerin for a first date on the night of the Grammys in 2001 and she didn’t answer the door, he figured he’d screwed up.
He was due for release in March, but under the Dangerous Sex Offender laws a court hearing was held to determine if the paedophile should remain behind bars indefinitely.
Judge Derrick ordered his release under 49 conditions, including one that he wear a GPS tracker.
But the Opposition has questioned whether MGD's release exposes loopholes in amendments to Dangerous Sex Offender laws that were introduced by Attorney-General John Quigley.
"The reforms that Mr Quigley said would fix this problem have plainly not lived up to the expectations he raised," said shadow attorney general Michael Mischin.
"He needs to explain to the public why this has happened. Why the Director of Public Prosecutions decided to consent or concede the release of this man?"
Judge Derrick's decision included details from a psychiatric report into MGD, which questioned his suitability for release because he believed his "victims played some part in their own victimisation as demonstrated by their open curiosity and willingness".
"He added that he should not have 'capitalised on their curiosity'," Judge Derrick wrote.
MGD also "insisted that he said to all of his victims that they were free to go and to tell their parents about what had occurred".
The paedophile will be released to a UnitingCare West house in an undisclosed suburb.
Gary Adshead, State Political Editor 9 News Perth
German serial killer nurse appeals life term for 85 murders.
Germany's most prolific serial killer in the country's post-war history has appealed his life sentence for 85 murders, a district court said Tuesday. Former nurse Nils Hoegel, 42, was convicted last week for killing patients chosen at random by lethal injection. The murder spree of patients aged between 34 to 96 took place between 2000 and 2005 before he was finally caught in the act. "I can inform you that the defendant has now lodged an appeal," Melanie Bitter, a spokeswoman for the court in Oldenburg, said Tuesday without adding further details.
Victims angry convicted rapist may be released
Victims are angry that a convicted serial rapist may be released.
WPBF 25 News Exclusive: Dunbar Village Rapist Says He's Victim
Dunbar Village rapist Avion Lawson explains how he was forced to gang-rape a mother and her son in an exclusive prison interview with WPBF 25 News' Victor ...