•   
  •   

AustraliaCanberra man accused of Eden Waugh's murder changes plea to guilty two days into trial

11:55  19 june  2019
11:55  19 june  2019 Source:   abc.net.au

Mother who drowned her young twins will not face murder trial

Mother who drowned her young twins will not face murder trial A mother who admitted drowning her young twins last Christmas after her marriage broke down will not face trial for their murder. Samantha Ford, 38, had pleaded guilty to their manslaughter by diminished responsibility, but denied murdering Jake and Chloe Ford - who were 23 months old - on Boxing Day. A day later, after her car was involved in a crash with a lorry in Kent, police went to her home in Margate and found the twins' bodies. © Other Forensics officers at the house in Margate in 2018 Ford later admitted she had drowned them after the breakdown of her relationship with her husband.

As one of the men charged over the murder of Canberra man Eden Waugh pleads guilty to murder mid- trial , Mr Waugh ' s parents say they are relieved and grateful.

Man admits murder over brutal home invasion and shooting of Canberra man . Peter Forster-Jones, 23, initially denied he'd intended to kill Eden Waugh , 37, when he fired a shotgun into the The case went to trial but on the second day of hearings today, Mr Forster-Jones pleaded guilty to murder .

Canberra man accused of Eden Waugh's murder changes plea to guilty two days into trial© ABC News Eden Waugh (centre) with his parents Elaine and Alexander.

The family of murdered Canberra man Eden Waugh say they are "relieved" and "grateful" after one of his accused killers changed his plea to guilty mid-trial.

Peter Forster-Jones went on trial over Mr Waugh's death on Monday and admitted firing the shot that killed him, but claimed it was manslaughter rather than murder.

Today in the ACT Supreme Court he changed his plea for the charge of murder to guilty.

Courtroom gasps as wannabe rap artist who raped and murdered Israeli student Aiia Maasarwe tells judge he's 'not guilty'

Courtroom gasps as wannabe rap artist who raped and murdered Israeli student Aiia Maasarwe tells judge he's 'not guilty' Codey Herrmann pleaded guilty last week to killing Ms Maasarwe, whose body was found near a tram stop in Melbourne's north on January 16. But when he was officially arraigned in the Supreme Court on Wednesday he stroked his beard and answered 'not guilty' to the rape charge.

A man who pleaded guilty to the second -degree murder of a woman in a West Kelowna hotel in July of 2018 has had his guilty plea withdrawn. Duration: 01:04 3 days ago.

A man who pleaded guilty to the second -degree murder of a woman in a West Kelowna hotel in July of 2018 has had his guilty plea withdrawn.

Outside court Mr Waugh's parents became emotional as they spoke about their son and the turn of events.

"It doesn't bring Eden back but we're just grateful," his mother Elaine said.

"He was such a lovely, gentle, kind person and we're grateful for everything, that's all we can say."

Mr Waugh's father Alexander said the decision was "really pleasing".

"It's always a relief, we've had a few years that this has been going on but now it's getting to the pointy end, but yeah, quite satisfying," he said.

Mr Waugh died in November 2016 when he was shot through the front door of his home in Canberra's north.

Canberra man accused of Eden Waugh's murder changes plea to guilty two days into trial© ABC News Eden Waugh was shot dead at his apartment in Canberra's north on November 3, 2016.

He was trying to prevent two men, including Forster-Jones, from breaking in.

The court earlier heard it came after a first home invasion where Mr Waugh was hit with a machete and a gun.

As well as today's guilty plea, Forster-Jones had already pleaded guilty to a raft of charges in relation to the first home invasion.

He will be sentenced in August.

Read more

Canberra bushfire arson accused acquitted by judge four years after going on trial.
A Canberra man accused of starting bushfires during a critically hot period in 2014 has been acquitted, four years after his judge-only trial began, with the judge saying the evidence against him is "flimsy".

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!