Australia: Father and daughter discharged from hospital after catamaran tragedy - PressFrom - Australia

AustraliaFather and daughter discharged from hospital after catamaran tragedy

18:32  12 july  2019
18:32  12 july  2019 Source:

Grandparents killed in boating tragedy off NSW coast

Grandparents killed in boating tragedy off NSW coast A father and daughter are recovering in hospital after the catamaran they were on capsized, killing the girl's grandparents and another man off the NSW coast. The 11.7m-long catamaran overturned seven nautical miles off the coast of Stockton Beach in Newcastle about 10.10am yesterday. Police from Marine Area Command, as well as the Marine Rescue Association and the RAAF attended after an emergency beacon was activated. require(["inlineoutstreamAd", "c.

The BBC reports she was discharged from Salisbury District Hospital yesterday after four weeks of treatment. The dad and daughter were found unconscious and slumped on a shopping bench on March 4. Breaking. RAP TRAGEDY . Eminem's dad Marshall dies age 67 ' after heart attack at home'.

Yulia Skripal, the poisoned daughter of Russian ex-spy Sergei, has been discharged from hospital . The 33-year-old left Salisbury District Hospital on Her 66-year-old father remains in hospital and is "recovering more slowly than Yulia". The pair were taken to hospital on 4 March after being exposed

Father and daughter discharged from hospital after catamaran tragedy© Facebook Emma and Jeremy Cooper were rescued from their capsized catamaran.

A father and daughter who survived a family boating tragedy on Thursday have been discharged from hospital while their flipped catamaran remains floating at sea.

Jeremy Cooper, 50, and daughter Emma, 16, were pulled from the boat by volunteers on a Westpac rescue helicopter on Thursday morning and treated for hypothermia at John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle.

They had been clinging to their catamaran after it capsized in rough seas.

Mr Cooper's 78-year-old parents from Sydney and a family friend from the Central Coast, 67, died when the 11.7-metre vessel capsized in 30-knot winds and a two-metre swell.

Three dead after catamaran capsizes near Newcastle

Three dead after catamaran capsizes near Newcastle Three people have died and two have been rescued after a catamaran overturned off the coast of Newcastle, police have confirmed. At around 10.10am an emergency beacon was activated from a 11.7-metre catamaran which overturned approximately seven nautical miles off the coast at Stockton Beach. Three bodies were found in the water and retrieved by Marine Rescue while two people, believed to be a young girl in her teens and a man in his mid-40s, were winched from the water and taken to John Hunter Hospital. require(["inlineoutstreamAd", "c.

Russia demands access to poisoned former spy and daughter to ensure they do not want help. Vladimir Putin said he was pleased Skripal had been released from hospital on Friday, more than 10 weeks after the poisoning, and wished him well.

The daughter of a former spy poisoned in a nerve-agent attack that the U.K. government has blamed on Russia has been discharged from a hospital in Yulia Skripal, 33 years old, was released from Salisbury District Hospital after weeks of treatment following her exposure to what London believes

An emergency beacon alerted the joint rescue centre in Canberra to the boat's location off Stockton Beach near Newcastle about 10.10 am. The family had been making its way from Shoal Bay to Ettalong.

The catamaran could not be retrieved on Friday as a combination of heavy seas and the vessel's size prevented a salvage team from bringing it to shore.

"It was quite a traumatic scene for all," Ambulance NSW Inspector Luke Wiseman said.

"Quite high sea conditions, with significant winds. It was rough when they got there and they had a lot of debris to contend with."

An investigation into how the accident happened is underway.

With the Newcastle Herald

Victorian police offer $1 million reward for information on missing woman Krystal Fraser.
Victorian police announce a $1 million reward for information about the suspected murder of Krystal Fraser, who disappeared a decade ago while heavily pregnant. The then 23-year-old, who had an intellectual disability, was last seen on June 20, 2009 in the small town of Pyramid Hill in north central Victoria. Police said she discharged herself from hospital the evening she went missing, just days before she was due to give birth to a baby boy. She has never been found and police believe she was murdered.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 28
This is interesting!