Australia: MCG gastro: Anzac Day outbreak likely caused by entrée relish - PressFrom - Australia
  •   
  •   

AustraliaMCG gastro: Anzac Day outbreak likely caused by entrée relish

14:16  13 august  2019
14:16  13 august  2019 Source:   9news.com.au

Philippines declares national epidemic after 622 dengue deaths

Philippines declares national epidemic after 622 dengue deaths Health department says there were roughly 146,000 cases of the mosquito-borne virus from January to July.

A Victorian Health Department investigation into a gastro outbreak at the MCG on Anzac Day finds the most likely cause was the relish served alongside a rabbit, chicken and pork terrine.

An investigation into a gastro outbreak at the Anzac Day President's Lunch at the MCG has absolved the rabbit terrine. But the relish - quince, fig jam and barberries - served with the rabbit, chicken and pork terrine was most likely to blame. Further tests on the ingredients were inconclusive.

Relish served with a rabbit, chicken and pork terrine was the most likely cause of a gastro outbreak at an exclusive lunch at the MCG on Anzac Day.

The outbreak sickened 37 patrons and one staff member at the Melbourne Cricket Club's exclusive Olympic Room before the annual AFL clash between Collingwood and Essendon, and seven of them were taken to hospital for treatment.

Victoria's Chief Health Officer Dr Brett Sutton said Department of Health and Human Services had completed a three-month investigation into the outbreak and had extensively tested "implicated foods".

Ebola outbreak in east Congo's main city tests flexibility of response

Ebola outbreak in east Congo's main city tests flexibility of response Ebola outbreak in east Congo's main city tests flexibility of response

Depending on the cause , viral gastroenteritis symptoms may appear within one to three days after you're Because the symptoms are similar, it's easy to confuse viral diarrhea with diarrhea caused by Causes . You're most likely to contract viral gastroenteritis when you eat or drink contaminated

“And they thought the most likely source of the illness was the relish .” The DHHS issued the following media release today: The Department of Health and Human Services has completed an investigation into an outbreak of gastrointestinal illness associated with an MCG function on Anzac Day .

MCG gastro: Anzac Day outbreak likely caused by entrée relish© Instagram/Jane Clifton Jane Clifton, who attended the lunch at the MCG, said some guests fainted.

"Based on all available evidence, illness was more likely to have been due to consumption of food rather than as a result of chemical or other environmental exposure," Dr Sutton said.

"The evidence gathered during the investigation, however, revealed that the most likely source of illness was the relish which was served with the entrée of Rabbit, Chicken and Pork terrine."

The department interviewed 109 guests and staff who attended the event and tested samples of terrine and ingredients used to make the accompanying relish.

Dr Sutton said while there was no definitive source identified for the outbreak, evidence gathered during the interviews revealed that the most likely source of illness was the relish.

A statement from the MCC said food items associated with the outbreak have been stricken from the menu.

"The MCC and our catering partner EPICURE accept the investigation's inconclusive outcome and are grateful for the thorough DHHS and Melbourne City Council process," an MCC spokesperson said.

The MCC said food safety and quality of service "has and will always be of the upmost importance to our operations".

"We are deeply disappointed that this incident occurred and express our sincerest apologies to those patrons affected on Anzac Day."

Woman who slipped on popcorn at the movies wins $410,000 after accident left her in need of a hip replacement.
Sylvana Sbaglia, 54, was at Reading Cinemas in Epping, in Melbourne's north, and lined up for popcorn and a ticket when she slipped over on Anzac Day 2017.  Mrs Sbaglia crashed onto the ground and said she was in severe pain A woman who slipped on popcorn at the movies has won $410,000 after the accident left her in need of a hip replacement. Sylvana Sbaglia, 54, was at Reading Cinemas in Epping, in Melbourne's north, and lined up for popcorn and a ticket when she s Mrs Sbaglia crashed onto the ground and said she was in severe pain.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 1
This is interesting!