Australia Qantas boss Alan Joyce, 53, announces he's set to marry his partner after 20 years together
The Veronicas threaten to sue Qantas after 'embarrassing' incident on flight from Sydney
Australian pop duo The Veronicas threaten legal action after what they describe as an " incredibly intimidating and confusing" time on a Qantas flight.Australian pop duo The Veronicas have threatened legal action after what they described as an "incredibly intimidating and confusing" time on a Qantas flight.
Qantas boss Alan Joyce has announced he and his long-term partner are set to get married.
The CEO of the Australian airline met New Zealand born Shane Lloyd 20 years ago in Melbourne.
The 53-year-old confirmed the pair will be tying the knot next month at the Museum of Contemporary Art at Sydney's Circular Quay,reported.
Mr Joyce has previously been secretive about whether or not the couple had already married in his home town in Ireland.
He was a prominent activist in the same-sex marriage proposal survey for Australia in 2017.
Qantas mid-air emergency as passengers watch propeller stop
Passengers on a regional Queensland flight describe the moment one of the propellers on a twin-engine plane stopped in mid-air.The QantasLink Dash 8 flight from Cairns to Townsville had only just departed when an engine issue forced it to turn back.
'It was a big relief and there was just all the tears,' he told reporters in London during the opening of a Qantas lounge after the vote.
'It was an amazing occasion. I'm very proud of Australia. I'm very proud of the country that I've now live in. I was very proud of Ireland two years ago, but I was even prouder of Australia with this result.'
At the time, he said Mr Lloyd hadn't asked him to marry.
'My partner hasn't built up the courage to ask me yet! I'm still waiting for that, so hopefully,' Mr Joyce said.
The jubilant couple currently share a home at The Rocks and also reportedly paid a whopping $5million for a 'holiday house' in Palm Beach.
Joyce says drought-stricken farmers should consider leaving their land .
Former Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce believes drought-affected farmers should consider leaving the land if they're struggling to turn a profit. Producers facing the prospect of being kicked-off government assistance are calling on the Coalition to lift a four-year cap. The government has argued it has already increased access to the payments by loosening the rules and streamlining applications.Mr Joyce told Sky News on Friday that it's time for some farmers to make some tough decisions.