Australia: Mother issues stark warning to tourists after her teenage son suffers methanol poisoning from drinking dodgy alcohol in Bali - - PressFrom - Australia
  •   
  •   

Australia Mother issues stark warning to tourists after her teenage son suffers methanol poisoning from drinking dodgy alcohol in Bali

10:10  03 october  2019
10:10  03 october  2019 Source:   dailymail.co.uk

German Court Says a Hangover is an Illness

  German Court Says a Hangover is an Illness The Oktoberfest party went late, and your brain now feels as fragile as antique pottery on a bumpy flight. So you reach for an “anti-hangover” supplement and hope that it holds up to its promise to cure you. The Oktoberfest party went late, and your brain now feels as fragile as antique pottery on a bumpy flight. So you reach for an “anti-hangover” supplement and hope that it holds up to its promise to cure you.

A man has shared a stark warning to Australian tourists after a young Perth man died from methanol poisoning while holidaying in Bali . Mr Ahearn told Daily Mail Australia he first started learning the risks of methanol poisoning in Bali shortly after meeting Liam's parents, Lhani and Tim Davies.

Alcohol poisoning is a serious — and sometimes deadly — consequence of drinking large amounts of alcohol in a short period of time. Ethyl alcohol poisoning generally results from drinking too many alcoholic beverages, especially in a short period of time.

a person standing in front of a building talking on a cell phone: After about just three drinks everything 'went down hill' and =his mates thought he had taken something but he was suffering from methanol poisoning© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited After about just three drinks everything 'went down hill' and =his mates thought he had taken something but he was suffering from methanol poisoning A teenager is lucky to be alive after suffering methanol poisoning from drinking dodgy alcohol in Bali.

Bailey Chalmers, 19, was on a footy trip in Seminyak when he was rushed to hospital after drinking cocktails at what he thought was a 'very reputable bar' on Monday night.

'I only had about three drinks in total but on my third drink it all went down hill,' he told Daily Mail Australia.

a woman smiling and posing for a photo: Bailey Chalmers, 20, (pictured with his mother Danielle) was on holiday in Indonesia with his mates this week when they started drinking cocktails at a 'very reputable bar'© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Bailey Chalmers, 20, (pictured with his mother Danielle) was on holiday in Indonesia with his mates this week when they started drinking cocktails at a 'very reputable bar'

'I got home at about 6am and everyone kept asking what I had taken but I hadn't taken anything.'

Bali tourism boss believes sex-ban proposal will fail

  Bali tourism boss believes sex-ban proposal will fail A high-ranking Bali tourism official believes Indonesia's proposed "moral crackdown" won't be imposed on the holiday island. Proposed amendments to the Muslim-majority country's criminal code would impose jail time on unmarried locals who live and stay together, as well as unmarried visitors.Couples who engage in sex out of wedlock could also face time in the slammer.But Bali Tourism Board chairman Ida Bagus Agung Partha Adnyana is adamant the sex clampdown will only be enforced in other parts of Indonesia.

ANOTHER Australian tourist may have fallen victim to methanol poisoning from drinking cheap alcoholic drinks in Bali . Perth woman Tess Mettam went blind for two days after drinking two cocktails at a Kuta Bar in December 2013, while Newcastle teenager Jackson Tuckwell also went

Australian tourist , 25, has her pancreas removed after being POISONED by 'cheap alcohol ' while on Perth woman Jen Neilson, 25, suffered suspected methanol poisoning It's believed it was caused by drinking cheap alcohol in Bali Bali hospital after suffering suspected methanol poisoning from drinking cheap alcohol on

When he woke up later in the day he was still feeling unwell but he thought it was just a hangover and pushed through the pain.

However, throughout the day his symptoms got worse, he had severe body aches, difficulty breathing and blurred vision.

Bali tourism boss believes sex-ban proposal will fail

  Bali tourism boss believes sex-ban proposal will fail A high-ranking Bali tourism official believes Indonesia's proposed "moral crackdown" won't be imposed on the holiday island. Proposed amendments to the Muslim-majority country's criminal code would impose jail time on unmarried locals who live and stay together, as well as unmarried visitors.Couples who engage in sex out of wedlock could also face time in the slammer.But Bali Tourism Board chairman Ida Bagus Agung Partha Adnyana is adamant the sex clampdown will only be enforced in other parts of Indonesia.

Tourists warned about drink -spiking on our favourite party island. Tourists partying in Bali are urged to be aware of dodgy alcohol and drink -spiking on the party island. Drink -spiking is not a problem that’s unique to Bali and the same rules apply here as they do anywhere else in the world.

Cole Brunton was taken to hospital after drinking poisoned alcoholCredit: North News and Pictures. This week a Sun on Sunday investigation found POSITIVE traces of the highly toxic form of alcohol — normally used to make antifreeze — in bootleg vodka sold in one of the town’s bars.

After visiting a medical centre he was rushed to Bali's International Hospital (BIMC).

Language barriers and issues with travel insurance made it a nightmare to get treatment.

He sought help from Colin Ahearn, from the Lifesaving Initiative Against Methanol (LIAM) foundation.

Mr Ahearn has been raising awareness around alcohol risks in Thailand and Indonesia since teenager Liam Davies died from methanol poisoning in 2013.

He told Mr Chalmers to go back to his hotel drink 500ml of duty free vodka, as the best treatment for methanol poisoning was ethanol.

a woman smiling and posing for a picture: His mother Danielle Chalmers posted of Facebook pleading for people to be careful when drinking in holiday destination© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited His mother Danielle Chalmers posted of Facebook pleading for people to be careful when drinking in holiday destination a close up of a newspaper: 'PLEASE PLEASE be careful in Bali. Bailey had a very frightening experience,' she wrote© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited 'PLEASE PLEASE be careful in Bali. Bailey had a very frightening experience,' she wrote

'The last thing I wanted to do was but I had to. I had to drink 200ml in one go and then had to have a shot every hour. I was pretty drunk, just sitting there.

Australian tourists are urgently warned to avoid Bali as protests against Indonesia's 'bonk ban' erupt into violence

  Australian tourists are urgently warned to avoid Bali as protests against Indonesia's 'bonk ban' erupt into violence The unrest comes in the wake of a new proposed bill which could see tourists and locals jailed for up to six month for having non-marital sex in Indonesia. The unrest comes in the wake of a new proposed bill which could see tourists and locals jailed for up to six month for having non-marital sex.

Aussie warns of how tourists risk their lives on holiday ‘every day’. An Australian who lost a friend in Bali has issued a stern warning about a risk Mr Ahearn was deeply affected by the January 2013 death of Kiwi-Australian teen Liam Davies, who was vigilant and concerned about counterfeit spirits

A young woman has had her pancreas removed in a Bali hospital after suffering suspected methanol poisoning from drinking cheap alcohol on her idyllic holiday.

'It was one of the worst experiences of my life.'

When Mr Chalmers flew home on Wednesday he was taken straight to Perth's emergency room.

'I didn't realise how bad it was it was only when the doctor back home told me I was lucky to be alive.'

His mother Danielle Chalmers posted of Facebook pleading for people to be careful when drinking in holiday destination.

'PLEASE PLEASE be careful in Bali. Bailey had a very frightening experience,' she wrote.

Methanol is the simplest form of alcohol. It is a by-product of poor distillation, and industrial methanol has been found in many cases where spirits at bars have been tested.

despite the terrifying experience, Mr Chalmers says he will likely head back to Bali for a holiday, however he might just stick to Bintang from now on.

Methanol poisoning and how to avoid it while overseas

- Symptoms include headaches, dizziness, amnesia and drowsiness, and can start immediately

- A 600ml plastic bag of Arak costs less than $5 in Bali

- Stick to beer, wine, cider and premixed drinks as methanol is only found in fake or illegally imported spirits.

- Steer clear of bars and clubs in dodgy neighbourhoods, and never order cocktails


Boy suffers spinal injuries in quad crash .
A 13-year-old boy has suffered suspected spinal injuries in a quad bike crash in the NSW Hunter region..The injured boy was driven to Cessnock Hospital on Tuesday morning in the family car but needed the help of paramedics to get out of the vehicle, NSW Ambulance says.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 14
This is interesting!