Australia: Teen in court on murder charge over Kings Park stabbing of 17-year-old - PressFrom - Australia
  •   
  •   

Australia Teen in court on murder charge over Kings Park stabbing of 17-year-old

03:46  09 october  2019
03:46  09 october  2019 Source:   theage.com.au

Second teenager charged over fatal stabbing

  Second teenager charged over fatal stabbing Maaka Hakiwai, 17, died in hospital two weeks ago after he was violently set upon in Kings Park, in Melbourne's north-west.Maaka Hakiwai, 17, died in hospital after he was injured in an altercation in Kings Park, in Melbourne's north-west, on September 28.

Two teenagers have been charged in connection with the murder of a 17 - year - old boy in Greater Manchester. Yousef Ghaleb Makki was stabbed to death in Hale Barns They remain in custody and will both appear before Manchester Youth Court on Wednesday 6 March, a police spokesperson said.

Another 17 - year - old boy also appeared in the youth court in connection with the case, charged with possession of a knife and assisting an offender by disposing of the weapon. He smiled to family members. Magistrates released him on bail until March 28, when he will be appearing at the youth

a person wearing a hat and smiling at the camera: Maaka Hakiwai died after he was stabbed in Kings Park. © Supplied Maaka Hakiwai died after he was stabbed in Kings Park. A baby-faced teenager has fronted the Melbourne Magistrates Court accused of fatally stabbing a 17-year-old boy in Melbourne’s west last month. 

Joshua Horton, 18, appeared for a brief hearing on Wednesday morning, charged with murder.

The Sydenham teenager allegedly stabbed Maaka Hakiwai, 17, who died in hospital, in Kings Park on the afternoon of September 28.

Mr Horton’s lawyer Louise Conwell did not apply for bail, and he will be remanded in custody until his next court date in February.

The court was told this was Mr Horton’s first time in adult custody.

The clean-shaven teenager had short hair and was wearing a black T-shirt for his brief appearance.

When Magistrate Angela Bolger asked if he understood that the case had been adjourned for a committal hearing scheduled for next year and that police would serve the brief to his lawyer, Mr Horton replied “yes.”

Serial killer Peter Dupas will not face trial over alleged murder of 95yo woman .
Notorious serial killer Peter Dupas will not stand trial for a fourth alleged murder after prosecutors dropped the case against him. Dupas was charged last year with the 1997 murder of 95-year-old Kathleen Downes and was due to stand trial later this month.Ms Downes was stabbed three times in the neck and her throat was cut in her room at the Brunswick Lodge Aged Care Facility in the early hours of December 31, 1997. Today, prosecutors discontinued the case against Dupas over the health of key witness Andrew Fraser.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 82
This is interesting!