Australia: Vet issues an urgent warning to pet owners about the serious dangers Woolworths Ooshies could pose to their beloved animals - PressFrom - Australia
  •   
  •   

Australia Vet issues an urgent warning to pet owners about the serious dangers Woolworths Ooshies could pose to their beloved animals

20:10  09 october  2019
20:10  09 october  2019 Source:   dailymail.co.uk

Urgent search for elderly dementia patient

  Urgent search for elderly dementia patient An urgent search is underway for an elderly Perth dementia patient who has gone missing from an aged care home. Gregory Dodds, 72, was last seen at around midday on Sunday at the Wolsely Road property in East Fremantle where he resides.He is known to use public transport, and police believe he may have boarded a bus and be unable to find his way back to the facility. Mr Dodds was last seen wearing a green T-shirt and dark trousers.He is 187cm tall, has grey hair and a short beard.Anyone who believes they may have sighted Greggory is urged to call police on 131 444.

Vet 's warning for pet owners over Woolworths Ooshies . Pet owners are being warned about the serious dangers Woolworths Ooshies could pose to your furry companions. MalagaVet, in Perth’s north, posted the warning to Facebook when one of its patients was rushed in for major surgery after

VETS are warning about the dangers of a deadly threat to pets from a disease that has all but been wiped out in humans. She suffered a seizure, her limbs went rigid so that she could not stand or walk and her eyes began to bulge. Vets at the PDSA began emergency treatment with IV fluids and

A vet has issued a desperate warning to all pet owners after the popular Woolworths Ooshies collectables sent one animal to hospital.

MalagaVet, in Western Australia, posted the message to their Facebook page last month after an animal underwent major surgery after eating two of the Ooshies toys.

The vet shared photos of the plastic toys which had caused the animal to fall ill as well as an x-ray that showed a heavy gas build up in the pet's bowel.

'Why would you do this?' Shoppers' outrage as Woolworths sell garlic cloves wrapped in PLASTIC

  'Why would you do this?' Shoppers' outrage as Woolworths sell garlic cloves wrapped in PLASTIC Outraged Sydney shoppers have blasted Woolworths for using 'unnecessary' plastic to package and sell cloves of garlic. A customer snapped a photo of Woolworths brand 'Odd Bunch' garlic cloves wrapped in plastic packets at the Bondi Junction store in Sydney's eastern suburbs.

Even the FDA has issued a warning to pet owners about bones. So yes, because I have seen the damage and devastation that chewing bones can In fact, the antler fad has caused enough injuries that many vets and board-certified veterinary dentists have begun issuing warnings to help pets

HOUSE proud pet owners are being warned about the potentially deadly danger they pose to animals when they give their homes a spring clean Dog News: WARNING - How cleaning your home could be DEADLY for your cats and dogs. HOUSE proud pet owners are being warned about the

a brown teddy bear sitting on top of a building: A vet has issued a desperate warning to all pet owners after the popular Woolworths Ooshies collectables sent one animal to hospital© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited A vet has issued a desperate warning to all pet owners after the popular Woolworths Ooshies collectables sent one animal to hospital MalagaVet, in Western Australia posted the message to their Facebook page last month after an animal underwent major surgery after eating two of the Ooshies toys© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited MalagaVet, in Western Australia posted the message to their Facebook page last month after an animal underwent major surgery after eating two of the Ooshies toys

'One of patients underwent major surgery today for an intestinal obstruction caused by swallowing two of these novelty toys!' the vet wrote to Facebook.

The vet practice said the animal was recovering well but warned other pet lovers to be wary of the harmful impacts the toy can have.

'Best thing to do don't accept them at the checkout, and if your are given them be very careful to keep them away from your pets at all times!'

20,000 cars should be urgently pulled from Aussie roads

  20,000 cars should be urgently pulled from Aussie roads The warning affects vehicles from BMW, GM Holden, Honda, Mitsubishi and Toyota who are already under recall for defective Takata airbags.The new warning affects BMW, GM Holden, Honda, Mitsubishi and Toyota vehicles that have already been recalled for having defective Takata airbags, but which have not had them replaced.

Convenience for the vet : with animals that are left, vets can get to them when it fits into their schedule, can have techs and students perform Many owners are stressed at the vet and communicate this stress to their dogs. Particularly when needles, scalpels, blood, pus, and other medical realities are

Essential oils used for aromatherapy, like can be toxic to dogs and cats — and it's important to take measures to keep them safe.

A Queensland vet, Boyne Tannum Vet Surgery posted a similar warning last week after a dog fell ill from swallowing one of the Woolworths collectables.

'The older looking Ooshie was ingested by a dog and had to be removed surgically as it caused a gastrointestinal obstruction. Please be very careful leaving these laying around,' the vet wrote to Facebook.

The director of Your Vet Online, Leigh Davidson told Yahoo News that the toys could cause serious injury to people's pets and even cause them to undergo surgeries of more than $1000.

a large brown dog lying on a sofa: A Queensland vet, Boyne Tannum Vet Surgery posted a similar warning last week after a dog fell ill from swallowing one of the Woolworths collectables (stock image)© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited A Queensland vet, Boyne Tannum Vet Surgery posted a similar warning last week after a dog fell ill from swallowing one of the Woolworths collectables (stock image)

'When the pet swallows these, depending on the size of your animal and its intestine, if they haven't chewed it up into small enough pieces it may cause a blockage in the intestinal track,' Ms Davidson said.

Owners present pets to Philippines priest for blessing

  Owners present pets to Philippines priest for blessing Owners present pets to Philippines priest for blessingPet owners raised their furry friends as a priest sprinkled holy water on the menagerie.

Pet owners who suspect their cat or dog has been stung in one of these areas should seek veterinary advice immediately. Iain's a former national newspaper journalist, political correspondent, news editor and assistant editor. About the Article. First Published.

As a veterinary oncologist, I can tell you that secondhand smoke contains more than 40 mutagens (substances that damage your Not only do pets share our homes and breathe the same air as we do, but their grooming behavior and somewhat more Bathe your pet to remove any residue from her fur.

'The risk of subsequent infection is really high and it's a demanding surgery that takes a lot of skill.'

She said that the toys should always be off limits to any animals in the house.

'We have got to remember you can tell your child, 'don't chew', but we need to consider our pets like a young crawling child, you can't just tell a pet to leave it alone,' she said.

a book sitting on top of a table: Dogs will often appear lethargic, lose their appetite and may even vomit after swallowing them© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Dogs will often appear lethargic, lose their appetite and may even vomit after swallowing them Ms Davidson said there were multiple signs for owners to tell if their pets had swallowed a foreign object.

Dogs will often appear lethargic, lose their appetite and may even vomit.

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Woolworths for comment.

'Worse than previously assumed': Mascot Towers at risk of 'structural failure' as new cracks emerge .
Urgent remediation works are required to prevent "structural failure" at the Mascot Towers building in Sydney's south, residents are being told.Urgent remediation works are required to prevent "structural failure" at the troubled Mascot Towers building in Sydney's south as existing cracks widen and new cracks emerge, residents are being told.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 4
This is interesting!