•   
  •   

Australia Accused killer says he was defending his 'missus' in fatal 'road rage' stabbing with backpacker

22:40  28 october  2019
22:40  28 october  2019 Source:   abc.net.au

Man stabbed, driver flees scene after road crash

  Man stabbed, driver flees scene after road crash Police are investigating after a driver was stabbed and a man fled the scene during a road crash in south-west Sydney this morning. Emergency services were called to Wyattville Drive, near Vlatko Road, West Hoxton, following reports of a two-vehicle crash at about 1am.Police found the driver of one vehicle, a 25-year-old man, suffering multiple stab wounds.The other driver fled the scene before emergency workers arrived.The stabbing victim was treated at the scene before being taken to Liverpool Hospital in a serious but stable condition.A crime scene was established and an investigation has opened.

A man accused of murdering a German backpacker in a road rage argument in Brisbane two years ago told Queensland police he "felt nothing" when he stabbed the tourist multiple times with a fishing knife, a court has heard. Key points: Accused murderer Jamie Saxon said he was trying to defend

He then failed to show up for a court date in January 2020, and was convicted of all three offences. They later confirmed that they believe it was Robertson who was behind the wheel, and that he was charged with a single count of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle in connection with the incident.

a man driving a car: Jamie Saxon has pleaded not guilty to the murder of the German tourist. (ABC News)© Provided by Australian Broadcasting Corporation Jamie Saxon has pleaded not guilty to the murder of the German tourist. (ABC News)

A man accused of murdering a German backpacker in a road rage argument in Brisbane two years ago told Queensland police he "felt nothing" when he stabbed the tourist multiple times with a fishing knife, a court has heard.

Jamie Saxon, 35, has pleaded not guilty in the Supreme Court to the murder of 30-year-old Dominik Schulze, after the car driven by Mr Saxon's then girlfriend clipped Mr Schulze on Milton Road in inner-city Brisbane on October 6, 2017 and a scuffle broke out.

In an interview with police the following day — which was played to the court on day four of the trial — Mr Saxon said all he was trying to do was defend himself and his partner.

Sydney woman stabs, throws cat off balcony

  Sydney woman stabs, throws cat off balcony A 19-year-old woman has been charged after stabbing her cat to death and throwing it off her balcony on Sydney's northern beaches.Police found the body of a cat after being called to the unit at Dee Why on Sydney's northern beaches on Wednesday morning.

One of the men accused in the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery was involved in a previous prosecution of A suspect in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery was involved in a previous investigation of him And he just loved people," said his father, Marcus Arbery Sr., Friday on CNN's New Day, on what would

Backpacker killer 'S 'deadly obsession'. Deluded knifeman butchered British girl, 21, after stalking POLICE are investigating if a French backpacker suspected of stabbing Brit Mia Cops are believed to be probing a theory that he was infatuated with Mia, who was staying at the hostel

"It started off as an accident, it ended in a tragedy," Mr Saxon told police.

The trial has heard Mr Schulze and his friend Jens Mennebroecker had been out drinking "goon and beers" all night, and had gone for a walk to a fast food restaurant when Mr Schulze was hit by the car that Mr Saxon's then girlfriend Jessica Wilkes was driving at about 4:00am.

She told the court Mr Schulze was spotted in the middle of the road with his pants down and holding a bag of takeaway food, but said she could not avoid the German national.

In the police interview played in court, Mr Saxon said he initially got out of the car to ask Mr Schulze if he was alright and he tried to help him off the ground, but the backpacker "jumped up in action" and started "shaping up" towards him, "wanting to have a go".

Qld backpacker murder trial continues

  Qld backpacker murder trial continues The trial of a man charged with murdering a German backpacker is set continue in the Brisbane's Supreme Court.The trial of Jamie Saxon over the 2017 murder of Dominik Schulze is expected to continue in Queensland's Supreme Court on Monday.

"I looked back and he was wiping off his knife and stood at the stairs and just looked. John Cowell is accused of killing 18-year-old Nia Wilson and injuring her sister Letifah Wilson at A heartbroken father is demanding justice after his daughter was killed in a stabbing at a BART station Sunday night .

Police investigating the fatal ' road rage ' stabbing of a mother-of-two have today charged a man with trying to kill the suspect who was later arrested over He was later arrested on suspicion of murdering Miss Davis and remains in custody today. The victim, named locally as Levi Davis (left and right), was

"We started arguing … I said 'mate, you just cracked my windscreen'," Mr Saxon told police in the video.

"What the f*** mate … why the hell are you in the middle of the bloody road with your pants down?

"He's gone to grab my missus … I said 'what the hell … what are you going to do?'. He [Mr Schulze] said 'I'm going to have you'."

Police at the scene of the fatal stabbing of Dominik Schulze on Milton Road in Brisbane.© ABC News Police at the scene of the fatal stabbing of Dominik Schulze on Milton Road in Brisbane.

'I just wanted to scare him away'

Mr Saxon told police he tried multiple times to settle Mr Schulze, telling him to "back away", but the scuffle continued around the car before he said he was pinned up against it by the German backpacker.

When police asked what happened next, Mr Saxon responded "I stabbed him".

"I warned him," Mr Saxon told police.

"Simple … I was defending myself and my missus, and this nutter … standing in the middle of the road with his pants down … hit by a car … what the hell is he getting up trying to fight me for?"

Random stabbing in Adelaide forces school and streets into lockdown

  Random stabbing in Adelaide forces school and streets into lockdown A school and surrounding streets were placed into lockdown following what police believe is a random stabbing in Adelaide. © 9News Police believe the stabbing to be random. Police and paramedics were called to an address at Mansfield Park following reports a man had been stabbed. Witnesses reported seeing a man bleeding in the streets.Students at St Patrick's Primary were forced inside, as police searched the grounds with a police dog about 10am as they tried to locate the offender and victim. © 9News Police searched St Patrick's Primary but were unable to find the victim or offender.

A man convicted in a Hawaii court Monday for his role in a road rage attack wore blackface to court while giving a racist defense wherein he accused the court of treating him like a One of the victims was stabbed 5 times and was hospitalized in critical condition after the stabbing , reported KGMB-TV.

" He stabbed three of them, severely in the neck, and under the arms, and then turned and started running towards me, and we turned and started running," Lawrence Wort said , as cited by British media. Wort said that the man then turned his attention to another group, stabbing one victim in the

Mr Saxon told police he thought Mr Schulze was trying to grab his partner by the throat, but he did not see whether Mr Schulze actually did because he was turning around to get the fishing knife from the car.

"I don't know if he actually grabbed her … but that's all I need to see," Mr Saxon told police.

"Don't touch me, my missus or my family — it all happened real fast … this is not step-by-step, slow-motion shit.

"I got it [the knife] out to scare him … I wasn't originally going to stab him — I just wanted to scare him away but he wasn't getting scared … he [Mr Schulze] was just getting angrier."

He said Mr Schulze was not taking his warnings seriously but when it came down to it, Mr Saxon told police he "didn't think … just reacted".

"How it ended up is how it ended up," he told police in the interview.

"I'm sorry… I'm really sorry and [starts crying] — it was a series of unfortunate events for him and me."

The court heard one officer ask Mr Saxon in the interview if there was anything he could have done to stop the situation from escalating.

"Yes … if I had a time machine," Mr Saxon responded.

Calls for girl who 'stabbed teacher' to be expelled

  Calls for girl who 'stabbed teacher' to be expelled The girl's father today told 9News his daughter had recently been through a family tragedy and suffers from a health condition. Parent Jackie Harmer said her daughter saw the entire incident unfold."We are actually going to see the counsellor now," she said."The child should be [expelled] definitely, that is not acceptable."The teacher's injuries were not life-threatening. Other parents told 9News it is time Townsville's youth crime problem was addressed."It actually blows my mind," Stephanie Bird said."There is an issue that needs to be addressed but it's all up to the government," Donna Jeffries said.

A Mexican-American man who was fired after being accused of flashing a “white power gesture” says he was merely cracking his knuckles, prompting demands that he be given his job back and a He has since deleted his Twitter account altogether. The matter didn’t die there, however, with outraged

He had added a tall, thin figure wearing a black suit to the photos and named his character The Slender Man. Parents of one of two girls accused of 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out. Earlier, he heard from four doctors who talked about how Geyser is making progress with her mental illness, to varying

'I don't even know what he looks like'

Mr Saxon told police he blacked out and had not even known Mr Schulze was dead until police came to his home.

"I felt nothing … there was no feeling or thought involved … it was just reaction, that's all," Mr Saxon told police.

"To his [Mr Schulze's] family and friends … sorry to hear … I don't even know who he is … I don't even know what he looks like."

The court heard after the incident Mr Saxon got in the car and drove away to pick up his parents from the train station, but he could not tell police what he had done with the knife.

The rest of the video will be played before the jury today, with the prosecution's evidence expected to wrap up by mid-morning.

In earlier evidence, Ms Wilkes told the court when Mr Saxon grabbed the knife from the car, she told him to stop, to get back into the vehicle, and for the other men to leave, but she said she did not witness the stabbing.

"I asked him what happened and he said he bashed the guy," Ms Wilkes said.

'Not that drunk'

An autopsy report found Mr Schulze was four times over the alcohol limit about the time he died.

But Mr Mennebroecker — who had travelled from Germany to give evidence at the trial on Monday — said he and Mr Schulze were in a "good mood".

"We were drunk, we were in a good mood, but not that drunk that we couldn't talk. We could walk," Mr Mennebroecker told the court.

Man found guilty of murder of German backpacker

  Man found guilty of murder of German backpacker A man has been found guilty of the murder of a German backpacker in a road-rage incident in Brisbane in 2017. Jamie Saxon had pleaded not guilty to murdering 30-year-old Dominik Schulze on Milton Road on the night of October 6, but did not dispute fatally stabbing him.The trial was told Schulze and a fellow backpacker were drunk and happy after a night out in Brisbane and were returning to their backpacker's hostel with food from McDonalds when Schulze was hit by a car driven by Saxon's girlfriend, Jessica Wilkes, as he crossed a road.https://twitter.

He said as soon as Mr Schulze was hit by the car, Mr Saxon — who Mr Mennebroecker remembers as the driver — was instantly aggressive towards them.

"He stand up [sic] and then the guy came out of the car and start being [sic] aggressive, yelling," Mr Mennebroecker told the hearing.

"We were yelling back, he was yelling … there was an argument and then he said that he had a knife and didn't take him for fool (sic).

"And we said f*** off, we don't care if you have a knife … we thought he wouldn't stab us."

Mr Mennebroecker denied any punches were thrown, or that they pushed Ms Wilkes throughout the scuffle, but admitted it was possible they were calling Mr Saxon a "fat f***".

'My best friend just got killed'

Under cross-examination Mr Mennebroecker denied Mr Schulze had taken a fighting stance when Mr Saxon first got out of the car and said "I'm going to have you".

"Why didn't you and Dominik walk away, if you were in front of the car," Mr Saxon's defence barrister Kim Bryson asked Mr Mennebroecker.

Mr Mennebroecker responded: "I don't know why — why is he not driving away, when he get the knife so he can sit in the car and drive away (sic)?"

Ms Bryson suggested that when Mr Saxon had gone back to the car to get the knife, the pair were standing close to Ms Wilkes.

"And he said, 'back off or I'll stab you' or something like that," Ms Bryson put to Mr Mennebroecker.

Mr Mennebroecker responded: "No, he just said, 'I got a knife and I'm going to stab you'."

"My suggestion is you are confused about what happened," Mr Bryson put to Mr Mennebroecker about his evidence.

"Of course," Mr Mennebroecker replied, later telling the prosecutor under re-examination that he was confused "because my best friend just got killed".

"It's not easy to talk about it and everything is coming up now again," Mr Mennebroecker told the court.

Accused nurse stabber to stay in facility

  Accused nurse stabber to stay in facility A man charged with stabbing a nurse at an Adelaide hospital will remain in a secure mental health facility. © AAP Images A man accused of stabbing a nurse in the neck outside an Adelaide hospital will remain in a Trent Jason Miller was charged with aggravated attempting to intentionally cause serious harm and aggravated causing harm after the incident in June at Lyell McEwin Hospital.A 37-year-old female nurse was on a break when she was allegedly approached by Miller, who asked for a cigarette. require(["inlineoutstreamAd", "c.

The trial continues.

Accused Northbridge killer's 'worst fears were realised' when love triangle exploded in violence .
A Perth man who fatally stabbed his one-time love rival claims he acted in self-defence because the victim had a "longstanding and visceral" hatred of him that had provoked repeated attacks. Daniel Carrington is on trial in the Supreme Court accused of murdering 38-year-old Ben Egan at a Northbridge apartment complex in April 2017.Prosecutors allege Mr Carrington "ambushed" Mr Egan as he entered the Newcastle Street complex, stabbing him seven times and leaving him with four chest wounds before running away.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!