•   
  •   

Australia AFL player Joshua Glenn banned over doping

11:06  04 november  2019
11:06  04 november  2019 Source:   9news.com.au

Joshua Dillon acquitted of murder of teenager Adam Abu-Mahmoud

  Joshua Dillon acquitted of murder of teenager Adam Abu-Mahmoud The Panania stabbing death allegedly sparked the revenge killing of Sydney teenager Brayden Dillon.Joshua Dillon, 22, walked from Parklea jail on Tuesday after a NSW Supreme Court jury accepted his claim that he acted in self defence when he fatally stabbed Adam Abu-Mahmoud during a brawl on his front lawn on July 18, 2016. The pair were 18 at the time.

Monday, 4 November 2019 AFL player Joshua Glenn banned over doping | Sky Australia News South Australian AFL player Joshua Glenn has been banned for four

Former Norwood Football Club player Joshua Glenn – who also played five games for AFL club the Gold Coast Suns - has been banned from football for four years, after testing positive to performance enhancing substances. The South Australian National Football League revealed the ban this morning.

Former Norwood Football Club player Joshua Glenn – who also played five games for AFL club the Gold Coast Suns - has been banned from football for four years, after testing positive to performance enhancing substances.

The South Australian National Football League revealed the ban this morning. It relates to a test undertaken after the round-11 match between Norwood and Glenelg in June last year.

James Whatley standing in front of a building: Josh Glenn will not be involved in AFL for four years after testing positive to a banned substance© SANFL Josh Glenn will not be involved in AFL for four years after testing positive to a banned substance

A statement from the SANFL said the presence of "types of anabolic steroids" were detected in a sample collected from the now 25-year-old, by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA).

Russian hackers tried to break into ASADA database

  Russian hackers tried to break into ASADA database Revelation comes after Microsoft said its threat intelligence centre found at least 16 national anti-doping agencies and sporting bodies were targeted.The revelation comes two days after software giant Microsoft said its threat intelligence centre found at least 16 national anti-doping agencies and sporting bodies had been targeted by the hackers in September in attacks that began shortly before the World Anti-Doping Agency announced doping compliance proceedings against Russia over "inconsistencies" in historical lab test data provided to WADA from Moscow.

American boxer Eric Molina is suspended for two years after testing positive for a banned substance following his fight with Anthony Joshua in December 2016.

Bombers reach in principle agreement with over half banned players . Amount of money each player will receive remains confidential. Stewart Crameri, who now plays for the Western Bulldogs and has been publicly linked to Slater and Gordon, is among the 18 players set to receive a settlement.

The ban will be backdated to commence from the time of the finding, in August 2018.

Glenn is ineligible to play or participate in any SANFL or AFL recognised competition, including at community level.

SANFL CEO Jake Parkinson said: "SANFL has zero tolerance for prohibited drug use in its competitions. This sanction, the first to be imposed to a SANFL player for breach of the Anti-Doping Code, reinforces the League's strong stance in maintaining fairness, safety and integrity on behalf of its participants".

Glenn was a promising young footballer, drafted to the Gold Coast Suns in 2015, but he quit the club after just five games to return to Adelaide and play in the SANFL.

He hasn't played a SANFL match since the middle of last year.

In 2017, the midfielder was given a suspended sentence for an attack on an Australian Defence Force employee, outside a hotel in Gawler, SA.

The incident was caught on CCTV and left the victim with a broken nose.

The SANFL will be holding a media conference this afternoon to comment further about the ban.

NBL interested in top NBA draft prospect facing US college ban .
The NBL are interested in bringing potential No.1 pick James Wiseman to Australia as he fights to stay in US college basketball, but won't rush in.Wiseman was ruled ineligible by the NCAA on Saturday (AEDT), after allegations hereceived financial support from his now coach Penny Hardaway to move from Nashville to Memphis while he was in high school.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 0
This is interesting!