Australia: NT Police send extra officers to Numbulwar after woman shot with crossbow and violence spreads onto the streets - - PressFrom - Australia

Australia NT Police send extra officers to Numbulwar after woman shot with crossbow and violence spreads onto the streets

06:35  05 november  2019
06:35  05 november  2019 Source:

Sydney woman 'harassed herself'

  Sydney woman 'harassed herself' She told police a box containing photos and a death threat was sent to her house. In May this year a 29-year-old woman started getting threatening text messages. In July she was sent more texts.

The officer shot the woman after she grabbed his stun gun and used it on him, police say.

The unrest spread beyond London with West Midlands police confirming outbreaks of disorder in An unmanned police station in Handsworth was torched. Extra officers were being sent into the Boris Johnson released a statement describing the scenes of violence and destruction as "utterly appalling".

a close up of a box: The woman was flown to Darwin and is in a stable condition. (ABC News: James Dunlevie)© Provided by Australian Broadcasting Corporation The woman was flown to Darwin and is in a stable condition. (ABC News: James Dunlevie)

A 51-year-old woman has been hospitalised after being shot with a crossbow in the community of Numbulwar in the Northern Territory on Monday afternoon.

An arrow penetrated the woman's arm and the side of her chest, NT Police said.

She was flown to Royal Darwin Hospital for treatment.

She is in a stable condition.

Police reinforcements have been sent to the community after the violent incident.

Numbulwar is located about 600 kilometres south-east of Darwin on the Gulf of Carpentaria.

Man shot dead after allegedly threatening police with axe

  Man shot dead after allegedly threatening police with axe Police have fatally shot a man who allegedly threatened them with an axe at a Central Coast home on Friday night. Officers from Brisbane Water Police District and the Traffic and Highway Patrol Command were called to a house in Erina following reports of a dispute between neighbours at about 10.20pm.When they arrived they noticed flames coming from the side of the house on The Entrance Road near Terrigal Drive. Two officers forced their way through the front door.Once inside the officers were allegedly threatened by a man armed with an axe, before the man was shot, NSW Police said.

Six other officers were also shot during a demonstration protesting the shootings in Minnesota and Louisiana this week, the police chief said. The three other suspects are a woman who was taken from the garage and two others who were taken in for questioning after a traffic stop.

More officers to be deployed through to weekend and leave requests refused after Tuesday’s violent clashes with youths. Scotland Yard said on Wednesday that it would put extra officers on the streets as it tried to stop a spread of disturbances that included violent clashes with youths at three

NT Police Watch Commander Siiri Tennosaar said violence flared in the community at 5:00pm on Monday afternoon.

"Police began receiving reports … stating that large groups of persons were gathering to fight and some were armed with crossbows and other weapons," she said.

Watch Commander Tennosaar said police had not identified the cause of the violent unrest, but alluded to "feuding" family groups as one potential trigger.

"It does appear to be some feuding family groups, and we're hopeful some mediation might help in that regard," she said.

"The police are there to try and keep the peace while the elders in family groups tend to discuss matters that are causing the issue."

Police from the neighbouring communities of Minyerri and Ngukurr have been redeployed to Numbulwar to assist local police after the incident.

In Numbulwar in 2016, a police officer pulled out a shotgun and positioned himself between rival groups when up to 100 people, some armed with spears and machetes, were reportedly involved in a confrontation in the town.

Brothers plead guilty to offences after campsite shooting .
Brothers Joshua and Joel Clavell, who were shot by police after ramming a police car near the Victoria/NSW border in June, have pleaded guilty to multiple charges related to the incident.The pair were flanked by police officers as they entered the Wodonga Magistrates Court on Wednesday. Eleven officers were present for their appearance.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 3
This is interesting!