•   
  •   

Australia Man accused of killing 16yo girl found in barrel to stand trial for murder

11:10  27 november  2019
11:10  27 november  2019 Source:   abc.net.au

Man found not guilty of murdering burglar who stole wife's handbag

  Man found not guilty of murdering burglar who stole wife's handbag Newcastle man Benjamin Batterham, who was accused of killing a burglar who broke into his home and stole his wife's handbag in 2016, is found not guilty of murder and manslaughter. Benjamin Batterham, 36, spent two weeks on trial in Newcastle Supreme Court over the 2016 death of Richard Slater, 34, who broke into his home and stole his wife's handbag.Mr Batterham was charged with murder on the basis he intended to kill Mr Slater when he performed a citizen's arrest after the burglary.There was also a back-up charge of manslaughter as the Crown argued he acted illegally and went too far.

The first-degree murder trial of Perez Cleveland, the man accused of killing of woman whose body was found in a barrel , is underway.

An Indiana man who stands accused of raping and killed his estranged girlfriend — and cooking and eating parts of her body — was found The update comes nearly one year after a judge ruled Joseph Oberhansley incompetent to stand trial , and placed him in the care of the Indiana Division of Mental

a close up of a woman: Larissa Beilby's body was found by police in a barrel on the back of a ute on June 27, 2018. (Supplied: Facebook)© Provided by ABC News Larissa Beilby's body was found by police in a barrel on the back of a ute on June 27, 2018. (Supplied: Facebook)

A man has been committed to stand trial over the murder of 16-year-old Larissa Beilby, more than a year after her body was found inside a barrel on the back of a ute on Queensland's Gold Coast.

Zlatko Sikorsky, 36, will also face trial on charges of interference with a corpse, torture and deprivation of liberty.

Mr Sikorsky is accused of murdering Ms Beilby at a property at Buccan, south of Brisbane, on June 23, 2018, before stuffing her body inside a barrel on the back of a ute, later found abandoned at Stapylton.

Man found not guilty of murdering burglar who stole wife's handbag

  Man found not guilty of murdering burglar who stole wife's handbag A man accused of killing a burglar who broke into his home and stole his wife's handbag has been found not guilty of murder and manslaughter. A man accused of killing a burglar who broke into his home and stole his wife's handbag has been found not guil Benjamin Batterham, 36, spent two weeks on trial in Newcastle Supreme Court over the 2016 death of Richard Slater, 34, who broke into his home and stole his wife's handbag.Mr Batterham was charged with murder on the basis he intended to kill Slater when he performed a citizen's arrest after the burglary.

JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind. — An Indiana man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and eating parts of her body has been found competent to stand trial . The News and Tribune reports that a hospital psychiatrist found in July that Oberhansley’s competency had been restored. He was returned to jail.

Hayden had been ruled incompetent to stand trial in November. “Mr. Hayden, I will find that you are competent to stand trial ,” said Common Pleas Judge Robert Winkler Hayden stood before him dressed informally, not like someone being held on a double- murder charge, because for the last six

During the two-day committal hearing, a friend of Ms Beilby told the court they had socialised and taken drugs, including "fantasy", with the teenager's alleged killer in the weeks before her death.

Rachelle Pilon testified she and Ms Beilby had shared an ice pipe and also tried the drug fantasy while hanging out with Mr Sikorsky in early June 2018.

Ms Pilon gave evidence that while in an elevator with Mr Sirkorsky she told him he should not be in contact with Ms Beilby.

Zlatko Sikorsky will face trial in the Supreme Court at a date to be fixed.© AAP Image/Darren England Zlatko Sikorsky will face trial in the Supreme Court at a date to be fixed. She said she then spotted a gun inside his jacket and apologised.

"We smoked ice, fantasy — he did me up a dose [of fantasy] more than the previous night," Ms Pilon said.

The trial of accused Claremont serial killer Bradley Edwards begins today. Here's what we know

  The trial of accused Claremont serial killer Bradley Edwards begins today. Here's what we know Almost 24 years since Sarah Spiers vanished, the trial of the man accused of what became known as the Claremont serial killings finally gets underway today. Bradley Robert Edwards is accused of three murders — that of 18-year-old Sarah Spiers in January 1996, 23-year-old Jane Rimmer in June 1996 and 27-year-old Ciara Glennon in March 1997.He has pleaded not guilty to all three murders.His trial is expected to take six months and will be one of the lengthiest and most complex in WA history.

SAN DIEGO -- A man accused of fatally shooting a 21-year-old woman in San Diego's Fairmount Village neighborhood last summer was ordered Monday to stand trial on murder charges. Dominique Grady, 27, is accused in the killing of Jossie Marilyn Ruiz Lopez, who was found dead

An American citizen accused of a murdering a Korean student 18 years ago has returned to Korea to stand trial . He denies the killing . Lee was initially found guilty of the murder but was later acquitted by the Supreme Court, citing a lack of evidence. Patterson was to be investigated further, but a

"He said it was different stuff and weaker [but] because of the incident in the elevator, I was intimidated so I had it."

During cross-examination, Mr Sikorsky's barrister Tim Ryan questioned why, if she was so intimidated by Mr Sikorsky, had she not asked him to leave.

He also accused her of making up parts of her evidence.

The court later heard from Chantelle Maker, who had been with Mr Sikorsky when they allegedly stole the black ute Ms Beilby's body was later found in.

She also testified Ms Beilby had been covered in bruises "head to toe" in the lead-up to her death and recalled giving her "ice" to "stay awake so she could stay alive".

She said, at the time, she had no idea of Ms Beilby's actual age.

Mr Ryan questioned why she never bothered to pick up the phone and call police about the injuries.

"She [Larissa] didn't want me to … and I thought she was over the age of 18 at the time so I thought she could make her own choices," Ms Maker said.

Ms Maker also told the court she was "petrified" of Mr Sikorsky and that he'd assaulted her before.

"If [the police] didn't get him, he would have got me," she said.

"He had Teflon bullets and told me he could shoot me no matter where, they could go through armour, he told me."

Mr Sikorsky will face trial in the Supreme Court at a date to be fixed.

Asked whether he wished to say anything, Mr Sikorsky replied: "No, Your Honour".

Murder trial aborted for man accused of killing Rebecca Delalande, who had link to missing teen Lisa Brown .
The trial of a Perth man accused of murder 18 years ago is abandoned amid revelations new information has been uncovered about the alleged victim.Chris Blennerhassett, 46, has been on trial in the Supreme Court for the past three days accused of fatally assaulting 23-year-old Rebecca Delalande at a house in Armadale in November 2001.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!