Man sentenced over grandfather's hammer bashing death
A man who bashed an Adelaide grandfather to death with a hammer has been ordered to spend the rest of his life under mental health supervision. Steven Patrick Berg stormed the Flinders Park home of his neighbour in May 2018, attacking and killing 74-year-old Deon Hewitt, who was cooking dinner with his wife, Patricia.Ms Hewitt, who was witness to the shocking crime, told Berg in court: "You destroyed my life. I couldn't even say goodbye to the man I spent the best parts of my life with…. For this I will never forgive you.
Glasgow said: “The murder of Jaden Moodie was clearly a gang attack. It was a ride out, committed by those who had planned the violence.” The court has previously heard that after a referral in 2017 Majdouline had last year been deemed by the National Crime Agency to be a victim of modern slavery.
The court of appeal heard that the conviction was unsafe because evidence about her mental health was not put before the trial jury. She submitted that Magson’s condition “substantially impaired her ability to exercise self-control and that the EUPD provides an explanation for her conduct and was a
A court has heard a man whose body was found wrapped in carpet in the backyard of an Adelaide suburbs home was suspected of being a "paedophile by people close to him".
A group of teenagersin Adelaide's north-eastern suburbs on Monday morning.
A 39-year-old man whose name is suppressed was charged with murder and appeared in court today.
Suspected bomb found in raid on Melbourne home
A suspected pipe bomb has been found in a raid on a house in the northern Melbourne suburb of Reservoir. Victoria Police's bomb response unit officers are at the scene conducting a safety check and no arrests have been made.Police entered a house on Joan Court before 2pm today and found the suspicious item after seizing four stolen cars and a stolen motorbike.Nine News can reveal the device was tonight detonated by bomb squad officers in the backyard of the property.Officers arrived at the Joan Court property to conduct a routine warrant this afternoon.
THE Supreme Court has heard claims that Adelaide 's notorious Family murders " were really Asked if he was deterred by death threats to him and his wife, Mr Lewis replied: "They are meant to One of the informants was a convicted paedophile and that means cannot be used in court or is not
Although that is my hope, my expectation is that some, if not all of them, will never properly recover from what you did, and the psychological harm you have done will last for decades and may ruin their lives and those of the people who love them.”
The court heard the victim could have been murdered up to a week before his body was found.
Defence lawyer Stacey Carter told the court preliminary investigations showed the victim suffered blunt trauma to the head and strangulation but a murder weapon was yet to be identified.
She said about 10 young people were present at the time the body was found but the reason they were at the property was yet to be established.
The accused stood silently in the dock, handcuffed but occasionally scratching his face during proceedings.
He has been remanded in custody and did not make an application for bail.
Police will undertake further investigation before the matter returns to court next year.
Previously, police said the accused and the victim were known to one another and the incident was not believed to be random.
After the body was initially discovered on Monday, neighbours expressed their shock.
"[I saw] an extra-large man wrapped up in a carpet," neighbour Emily-Rose Benson said.
"It made me feel sick. I've never even watched a horror movie.
"It was awful for me. It twisted my stomach."
Son of Adelaide man who drowned wife says mum's death 'preventable' .
An Adelaide man has been found guilty of the murder of his wife, who drowned when her wheelchair toppled into a pond. Dansie showed no emotion as the verdict was delivered and Justice Lovell revoked his bail.He will return to court in February for sentencing submissions.© AAP Grant Dansie told media outside the Supreme Court in Adelaide today he believes his mother's death was preventable. Outside the court, the couple's son, Grant Dansie, said justice had been served."Mum was a truly amazing person. She was funny, smart and she had a huge heart," he told reporters outside court.