•   
  •   

Australia Police investigate alleged murder following stabbing in Canberra's north

09:26  11 january  2020
09:26  11 january  2020 Source:   abc.net.au

Charnwood stabbing accused Jayscen Anthony Newby faces court charged with murder

  Charnwood stabbing accused Jayscen Anthony Newby faces court charged with murder Jayscen Anthony Newby, 26, appears in court facing a murder charge, after handing himself in to police hours after the stabbing death of a man in Charnwood.Jayscen Anthony Newby did not apply for bail in the ACT Magistrates Court today, after handing himself in to City Police Station at 4:30am on Saturday, hours after the violent attack in the suburb of Charnwood.

Counter-terrorism police investigate fatal stabbing at Queanbeyan service station. Read more. The second stabbing victim was taken to Canberra hospital with non life-threatening injuries. The teenagers faced the ACT Children’ s Court in Canberra on Saturday morning and have been

Police have always maintained that they investigated the mafia links thoroughly at the time but could find no evidence of their involvement. “Chief police officer for the ACT, assistant commissioner Ray Johnson recognises the dedication and significant efforts of all those officers who have investigated

a car parked on the side of a road: A 27-year-old man died on Saturday from © Provided by ABC NEWS A 27-year-old man died on Saturday from "extensive" injuries after an alleged murder in Charnwood in Canberra's north. (ABc News: Isaac Nowroozi)

A 27-year-old man has died following an alleged murder at a Charnwood home in Canberra's north today.

ACT Policing confirmed the man had died after he was allegedly stabbed inside the home about 1:30am on Saturday at a townhouse complex.

Paramedics were called but the man died from his injuries, described as "extensive", on the way to hospital.

Canberra 'paedophile ring' is investigated by police after claims young boys were sexually abused

  Canberra 'paedophile ring' is investigated by police after claims young boys were sexually abused ACT Police say they are particularly concerned with offences allegedly committed by a group of two men from NSW and one from Canberra.   The three men are accused of performing a number of indecent acts on children in two houses in Wanniassa.  © Provided by Daily Mail ACT Police are investigating an alleged paedophile ring from the 1980s and 1990s as they believe that children abused in ACT and NSW may be linked (stock) The children were aged under 16, police said.  Police allege that the same group of men abused children from both the ACT and NSW.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar says the death of 18-year-old T. Nhaveen who was allegedly assaulted for being effeminate is now being

Police allege two teenagers, aged 15 and 16, were responsible for both attacks as well as two earlier, non Earlier, NSW superintendent Rod Smith from Monaro local area command said the man stabbed in the second alleged attack on Friday morning was in a Canberra hospital with non-life threatening

No-one has been charged and police are hoping to locate a 26-year-old man as part of their investigations.

It is understood that the victim and the alleged attacker were known to each other.

Detective Acting Superintendent Matt Craft said this afternoon they had limited details but that one other individual had witnessed the incident.

"Police are seeking information in relation to a 26-year-old male who is an acquaintance of these people," he said.

"At this stage I've got limited details — we're actively seeking to speak with this male who may be able to assist with our investigations."

He said there was no risk posed to public safety.

The witness had been assisting police with their inquiries, he said.

"They were a witness to the matter, obviously a very traumatic time for them, and also for the families of all that are involved," he said.

"Certainly it's a terrible, tragic incident for them so we'll be doing everything we can to wrap as much support around them as we can."

They also said drugs had not played a role in the incident and that it had no connection to bikie activity.

ACT Homicide was tasked with investigating the circumstances of the man's death and was asking anyone with information that might assist to come forward.

New Year's Day death triggers vigilantes to storm Queensland streets .
More police have been deployed after the uproar within the community over the stabbing death of a man.Police charged two males, 17 and 18, with murder after they allegedly stabbed a 37-year-old man in the abdomen in Aurukun in the early hours of New Year's Day.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 25
This is interesting!