•   
  •   

Australia Jetstar set for mass flight cancellations as workers launch 24 hour strike

00:45  14 february  2020
00:45  14 february  2020 Source:   brisbanetimes.com.au

Sick woman on Qantas flight sparks coronavirus scare

  Sick woman on Qantas flight sparks coronavirus scare A sick Qantas passenger has been quarantined at Melbourne Airport, sparking coronavirus fears among fellow travellers. Flight QF94 from Los Angeles sat for an hour and a half on the tarmac upon landing in Melbourne this morning while Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS) crews removed the ill woman from the plane.The shock removal sparked concerns from other passengers, who feared the woman had the deadly coronavirus.© Nine The sick woman was escorted off the plane by quarantine authorities.

Jetstar baggage handlers and ground crew are set to walk off the job for 24 hours next week in a dramatic escalation to their industrial dispute. Federal industrial relations minister Christian Porter has implored Jetstar and the Transport Workers Union to resume wage negotiations to avoid strike

Ground crew working for budget Australian airline Jetstar will hold a 24 - hour strike for better pay and conditions next week, representatives from the Transport Workers ’ Widespread flight cancellations are expected for the airline which operates services not just in Australia but across the Asia-Pacific

a large passenger jet flying through a blue sky: Jetstar ground crew and baggage handlers will walk off the job for 24 hours. © Provided by Brisbane Times Jetstar ground crew and baggage handlers will walk off the job for 24 hours. Jetstar baggage handlers and ground crew are set to walk off the job for 24 hours next week amid a stand-off with the budget airline over pay and conditions, which is likely to cause widespread cancellations.

The Transport Workers Union said on Friday morning its members would hold a protected 24-hour strike at Sydney, Melbourne, Avalon, Brisbane, Cairns and Adelaide airports on Wednesday, February 19.

The action is a dramatic escalation in the industrial dispute, and comes after the TWU held two-hour work stoppages last month which caused 28 flights to be cancelled and others to be rescheduled.

Jetstar chief executive Gareth Evans said in a statement on Friday the airline would be doing "everything possible" to disrupt customers as little as possible.

More to come

Burundi: discovery of mass graves in 1972 along the Ruvubu river .
© REUTERS / Evrard Ngendakumana Burundian workers of the CVR dig to extract bodies from a mass grave on Bukirasazi hill in Karusi province, the January 27, 2020. In Burundi, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC), responsible for establishing the truth about the interethnic massacres that have plunged Burundi into mourning since its independence in 1962, has launched mass grave excavation work on the road that links Gitega, in the center of the country, to Karusi, a little further east.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 1
This is interesting!