•   
  •   

Australia Convicted terror plotter granted bail over alleged upskirting

10:51  30 march  2020
10:51  30 march  2020 Source:   smh.com.au

Third man charged with terror offences on the NSW South Coast

  Third man charged with terror offences on the NSW South Coast On Saturday a 19-year-old from Falls Creek was arrested and charged with one count of possession of an unauthorised firearm. The offence carries a maximum penalty of 14 years in jail. © 9News A 21-year-old Sanctuary Point man was charged with a terrorism offence on March 15. The teenager was granted strict conditional bail and is due to appear at Nowra Local Court on June 1.His arrest follows inquiries by the Joint Counter Terrorism Team into his alleged links to two other men from the NSW South Coast.

An alleged neo-Nazi, who is accused of quoting Joseph Goebbels to call for "total war", has appeared in court charged with 12 terror offences. The chief magistrate, Emma Arbuthnot, granted him conditional bail ahead of a hearing at the Old Bailey on 20 December. In all, Mr Dymock faces 15

A convicted rapist has been granted bail after allegedly raping another woman that he approached on a busy, public street. The man is aged in his sixties, and is living in Geelong on bail while his case proceeds in court. 9NEWS has been prevented from naming or identifying the man because the court

a statue of a person: AFR, GENERIC, BRISBANE Scales of Justice outside the District Court in Brisbane --- legal, law, QC, judge, litigation. Friday 25th July 2003 photo Louie Douvis AFR FIRST USE ONLY SPECIALX 19781 © Louie Douvis AFR, GENERIC, BRISBANE Scales of Justice outside the District Court in Brisbane --- legal, law, QC, judge, litigation. Friday 25th July 2003 photo Louie Douvis AFR FIRST USE ONLY SPECIALX 19781

A convicted terror plotter accused of filming up strangers' skirts has been granted bail with strict conditions, after a court was told CCTV does not show him committing the offences and no photos or videos were found on his phone.

Mazen Touma was arrested in January after he allegedly went to Kmart stores in Chatswood and Bondi Junction on January 10 and 16, leaned down with his mobile phone and attempted to film up the skirts of two adult women.

Disgraced ex-NSW minister remains in jail

  Disgraced ex-NSW minister remains in jail Convicted sex offender Milton Orkopoulos has faced a Sydney court where his matter for alleged parole breaches has been adjourned until April 15.The 62-year-old smiled and waved as he appeared via video link in Waverley Local Court on Tuesday, telling the judge "thank you sir," after his matter was adjourned.

Johannesburg - Alleged "coup plotter " Elvis Ramosebudi was granted R3 000 bail by the Johannesburg Magistrate's Court on Monday. Magistrate Vincent Ratshibvumo said he was not a flight risk, there was no evidence suggesting he had been outside South Africa

The cases of Misbahuddin Ahmed, Hiva Mohammad Alizadeh and Khurram Syed Sher, three Ontario men accused of terrorist offences, will go directly to trial without a preliminary hearing.

Police allege CCTV provides a clear picture of the first incident, while a store security guard witnessed the second incident.

Ardern reacts to Christchurch mosque shooter's guilty pleas

  Ardern reacts to Christchurch mosque shooter's guilty pleas She says it brings accountability for what happened.In a surprise move on Thursday in Christchurch, the shooter pleaded guilty to 51 counts of murder, 40 counts of attempted murder and a charge under the Terrorism Suppression Act. It was a reversal from his previous pleas of not-guilty to each charge relating to the Christchurch mosque attack on March 15, 2019, that saw 51 people killed in a shooting rampage across two mosques.

Questions asked after CPS freed Al Qaeda ringleader now convicted of plot for biggest terror attack Police in Britain arrested him in 2009 over Manchester and New York plots Naseer faces life in US jail after convictions for three terror offences

Another alleged plotter , Hiva Alizadeh of Ottawa, remains in custody. When the men were arrested in August, police said they seized terrorist literature, videos and manuals, along with dozens of electronic circuit boards allegedly designed to detonate homemade bombs remotely.

On Monday, a NSW Supreme Court bail application heard that Mr Touma was previously jailed for at least 10?? years in October 2008 after he pleaded guilty to acquiring ammunition, explosives and documents in preparation for a terrorist act.

Prosecutor Alex Poulos said the current case is "chalk and cheese" when compared to Mr Touma's background, but the past conviction was a relevant matter because his strict parole expired two months before the alleged upskirting.

"Only two months after he was allowed to be a person of the community at liberty, he was detected acting in this way and charged with these offences," Mr Poulos said. "It is possibly too much to say the two events are connected causally, but it is a concern that only less than two months into his life post-parole, he's come to the notice of police once more."

Mr Poulos said there was a "strong inference" that Mr Touma "did the offence, or that he was attempting to do the offence", but conceded no images have been obtained from Mr Touma's phone after it was seized by police.

Man charged after allegedly posing as policeman and sexually assaulting two women in Adelaide

  Man charged after allegedly posing as policeman and sexually assaulting two women in Adelaide A 31-year-old man is charged with rape and robbery after the alleged sexual assault of two women in their homes by a man posing as a police officer in the Adelaide CBD on Friday night.Police have alleged a 31-year-old man gained access to a woman's home in Adelaide about 8:30pm on Friday after purporting to be a police officer.

A man charged over the plot that led to NSW Police employee Curtis Cheng being shot dead had pictures of Lindt Cafe siege gunman Man Haron Monis on his The Crown is relying on surveillance footage of Dirani at the scene when the murder weapon was allegedly handed over and on a cryptic

Now, the Crown alleges both men conspired to murder for the benefit of a terrorist group and to interfere If convicted , they could be sentenced to life in prison. A third man, Ahmed Abassi, is Jaser was granted the pardon in 2009 for uttering threats and fraud convictions from when he was a

In a police interview on January 22, Mr Touma agreed he went to Kmart but denied placing his phone underneath someone's skirt.

Defence lawyer Ahmed Dib said Mr Touma became a "reformed inmate" in custody, where he assisted with a prison de-radicalisation program.

Mr Dib said prosecutors have "not been able to identify either a photo or a video as of yet" which indicates his client recorded someone's intimate image, while the CCTV is "not as clear-cut" as police claim.

"They submit the video ultimately depicts the crime and the elements of that offence being made out. We refute that," Mr Dib said.

In granting bail, Justice Peter Hamill said Mr Touma served "a very long time for, let's not mince words, terrorism offences", and was now charged with these "odd offences for trying to film someone's private parts".

Justice Hamill said it was troubling that the allegations arose two months after Mr Touma's parole ended, but said he could not assess the case as being particularly strong.

He granted bail on strict conditions, including that Mr Touma live under house arrest at Roselands, report to police three times a week, not enter any Kmart store in NSW, and not enter the suburbs of Chatswood or Bondi Junction.

Mr Touma has also been prevented from using any device with a camera or a visual recording capacity, and must pay a surety of $40,000.

Justice Hamill said one factor he considered was the current coronavirus pandemic, which has led to lengthy court delays.

Mr Touma will face court again on April 22.

Read the full judgement summary from George Pell's successful High Court of Australia appeal .
Read the judgement summary issued by the High Court of Australia after it overturned George Pell's sexual abuse convictions.Here is the judgment summary from the High Court of Australia.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 0
This is interesting!