•   
  •   

Australia Ruby Princess passenger becomes third Canberra coronavirus death

07:01  15 april  2020
07:01  15 april  2020 Source:   abc.net.au

SA Ruby Princess passenger dies from virus

  SA Ruby Princess passenger dies from virus South Australia has recorded its fourth coronavirus death after a 74-year-old man died in hospital after contracting the virus on the Ruby Princess cruise ship. The 74-year-old man succumbed to the infection in the Royal Adelaide Hospital overnight, SA Health confirmed on Sunday.It is the state's fourth coronavirus death, with the national toll now standing at 57."Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the man," SA Health said.More than a dozen Ruby Princess passengers have died from the virus, and more than 500 people have been infected, either onboard or from contact with people who were.

Two passengers from Grand Princess died from complications of coronavirus : one on 21 March and the other on 23 March. Both were in their early On 24 March, one person who was a passenger on the 8–19 March cruise aboard Ruby Princess died after a coronavirus diagnosis.[141] As of 30

A criminal investigation will be conducted to determine if the cruise company Carnival Australia breached national biosecurity laws in the Ruby Princess fiasco.

a plane parked on the side of a building: Passengers who later tested positive for coronavirus were allowed to leave the Ruby Princess cruise ship when it docked in Sydney last month. (Instagram: Supplied) © Provided by ABC Health Passengers who later tested positive for coronavirus were allowed to leave the Ruby Princess cruise ship when it docked in Sydney last month. (Instagram: Supplied) The ACT has recorded its third coronavirus death, chief health officer Dr Kerryn Coleman has announced.

The woman, who was in her 60s, contracted COVID-19 while aboard the Ruby Princess cruise ship.

She died in Canberra Hospital.

"I offer my sincere condolences to this person's family and friends," Dr Coleman said.

Dr Coleman said the woman's death — the 63rd in Australia — acted as a reminder at a time when new cases in Canberra remained flat.

Princess Cruises president's message to families of Ruby Princess victims

  Princess Cruises president's message to families of Ruby Princess victims Nine-hundred cases and 21 deaths have been linked to the ship after it docked in Sydney on March 19, allowing thousands of passengers to disembark. Jan Swartz, also the head of Carnival Australia, told 9News she will cooperate with the NSW Police investigation into the cruise ship and had a message for the families of those who have died."They are all in our hearts and thoughts as this virus has impacted so many of our guests and crews in terrible ways," Ms Swartz said.

Coronavirus : German cruise passenger becomes third fatality in WA. Coronavirus : Toowoomba man dies after being on Ruby Princess .

Coronavirus : German cruise passenger becomes third fatality in WA. Coronavirus : Detroit bus driver calls out coughing passengers .

"While we have seen a flattening of the curve in Canberra, it is necessary that we continue taking physical distancing seriously to protect these vulnerable groups," she said.

There have been no new diagnosed cases of COVID-19 in Canberra in the past 48 hours.

There have been 103 cases identified in the ACT, with 77 of those people already recovered.

Easter weekend saw little growth in cases

Yesterday, ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr expressed his pleasure with the majority of Canberrans for following health advice over the long weekend.

Just one new case was reported over the Easter long weekend.

But Mr Barr warned against complacency, after ACT Policing noted some locations, such as IKEA and a popular walk around Lake Burley Griffin, were at times too crowded.

"The fantastic work that people have been doing, day in day out for weeks, can all be undone by one large crowd gathering," Mr Barr said.

Some Canberrans who were headed to the coast were also turned back by police, however no fines were issued.

More to come.

Two more coronavirus deaths in NSW, Ruby Princess unlikely to depart tomorrow .
Two more people in NSW die from coronavirus with 10 new infections recorded in the last 24 hours.NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard said an 83-year-old Queensland man, who was a passenger on the Celebrity Eclipse cruise ship, died at Sydney's Royal Prince Alfred Hospital overnight.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 0
This is interesting!