•   
  •   

Australia Stepson killed 'doomsday prepper' in self defence, coroner told

06:27  29 may  2020
06:27  29 may  2020 Source:   theage.com.au

Findings from Afghanistan war crimes investigation will cause 'distress' for some elite soldiers, judge warns

  Findings from Afghanistan war crimes investigation will cause 'distress' for some elite soldiers, judge warns With the investigation into alleged war crimes committed by Australian Special Forces in Afghanistan coming to an end a judge involved warns the findings will cause "distress" for some soldiers involved.Since 2016, New South Wales Justice Paul Brereton has been assisting the Inspector General of the Australian Defence Force (IGADF) in examining claims elite troops killed unarmed Afghan men and children.

self :yes (or self :no). include (or exclude) self posts. I politely told the guy that I don't know where his money is and asked him if he kept it in his locker. Why anybody would want to try a child for killing somebody in self defense when somebody broke into their home I'll never know.

Police were acting in self - defence when they shot dead the father of Luke Batty after he murdered the 11-year-old, the coroner has been told . An inquest has begun into the death of Greg Anderson, who killed his son at the Tyabb cricket ground, south-east of Melbourne, in February.

Scales of justice. © AAP Image/Dave Hunt Scales of justice. No charges will be laid against a man who killed his stepfather by shooting him twice in the head after the coroner revealed the older man was a doomsday prepper who planned to "go out in a blaze of glory".

Nick McSweeney, 21, tried to alert authorities to the fact that his stepfather, 53-year-old David Bardho, was a terror plotter who was stockpiling weapons on his rural property, but a triple zero operator failed to act on his warnings and instead told him to visit a police station 40 kilometres away.

Hours later Mr McSweeney shot Mr Bardho dead after simmering tensions over the young man's girlfriend and being kicked out of home boiled over.

SA Police Commissioner Grant Stevens asks for identity protection of STAR Group officers called to inquests

  SA Police Commissioner Grant Stevens asks for identity protection of STAR Group officers called to inquests Allowing elite South Australian police officers to don balaclavas or masks as they enter and exit a coronial inquest in a bid to protect their identity is "likely to attract more attention", the Supreme Court says.Police Commissioner Grant Stevens has asked the Supreme Court to review a decision made by state coroner David Whittle about how STAR Group officers should give evidence at an inquest into a fatal shooting.

The south Manchester coroner , John Pollard, sitting at Stockport magistrates court, ruled yesterday that the killing had been lawful. Detective Chief Inspector Ian Foster told the inquest he had sought legal advice from a barrister who said it would be "impossible for the Crown to disprove self - defence ".

The man accused of the M25 motorway killing , Kenneth Noye, told a jury today that he had stood trial in the 1980s for the stabbing to death of undercover police officer Detective Constable John Fordham.

On Thursday, the coroner revealed for the first time that Mr Bardho was a "doomsday prepper" or "survivalist" with strong anti-government views and who supported Islamic fanaticism in the Middle East.

Mr Bardho's death has been ruled self defence.

"I suspect Mr Bardho's death was a result of a homicide - the killing of one person by another person," Coroner John Cain said.

"No further investigation is required."

Listening in to the findings, the inquest heard, were officers from Victoria Police's professional standards command and civil litigation unit after it was revealed Mr McSweeney had tried to warn police about his stepfather's violent plans.

Counsel assisting the coroner, Nicholas Ngai said Mr Bardho, who worked as a motor mechanic in Clunes, married his second wife - Mr McSweeney's mother - in 2004.

'Stand up for my kids': Father of murdered Margaret River children pleads for inquest

  'Stand up for my kids': Father of murdered Margaret River children pleads for inquest Mr Cockman's four young children were shot by their grandfather Peter Miles, who also murdered their mother Katrina and his wife Cynda at Forever Dreaming Farm.Late on Friday night Mr Quigley's office received a letter from Aaron Cockman, whose children and former wife were murdered on a rural property near Margaret River two years ago.

This case involves self - defense but there is an important distinction in that a key element of the case was that he did not know the intruder was a law enforcement officer. It is POSSIBLE that you could kill a police officer in self defence , but you have to convince the judge and jury of that.

So long as you can prove it was self defense . If there was another way out, then you may have trouble but if he drew a gun or knife you can do what it takes to In the case of citizens there are two basic situations in which killing another human being in " self defense " will warrant little to no legal "trouble."

Mr McSweeney was nine when his mother and stepfather married and when they separated in January 2011, he remained living with Mr Bardho.

The inquest heard they lived "sustainably" at Landsborough near Ararat, about 200 kilometres west of Melbourne, with no power or running water and had begun to grow their own vegetables.

But those who knew Mr Bardho said he was into conspiracy theories and a "prepper" or "survivalist" with strong anti-government views.

In February 2014, Mr McSweeney met a woman on an online dating site and they began a long-distance relationship before she moved from Sydney to rural Victoria.

Mr Ngai said soon after tensions arose with Mr Bardho complaining to work colleagues that the woman was lazy and failing to earn her keep.

She moved out 18 months later but the relationship between the father and stepson remained strained, with Mr McSweeney lying to his father about having the woman visit the property while he was at work.

Fellow soldiers say the SAS operative filmed shooting an unarmed man killed another civilian

  Fellow soldiers say the SAS operative filmed shooting an unarmed man killed another civilian SAS patrol members who witnessed the newly uncovered killing say an intellectually disabled man was shot by their colleague in the back of the head as he was trying to "limp" away.An Australian SAS operator is under investigation for killing an Afghan man his comrades say was an unarmed and intellectually disabled civilian, the ABC can reveal.

It's important for self -defenders to know the realities surrounding self - defense situations. Hollywood regularly portrays how violent encounters go down in

To get ready for natural disasters or man-made destruction, preppers stockpile supplies and coördinate doomsday survival plans. Still haven’t subscribed to

"Mr Bardho told Mr McSweeney he had one month to move out. On the morning of February 16 [they] continued the argument from the previous night and Mr Bardho threatened to go ahead with plans to "go out in a blaze of glory".

At 9 am Mr McSweeney called triple zero to inform police of his fears but the operator failed to act on his plea for help and instead told the young man to report his concerns at a police station.

At 9.40 am he travelled to Stawell and made a statement to police about his stepfather allegedly "developing terror plots and harbouring multiple weapons".

"He was advised not to return to the property or have further contact with Mr Bardho."

But the 21-year-old ignored the police advice and returned to pack his things.

"However Mr Bardho arrived home ... earlier than normal," Mr Ngai said. "Mr Bardho found a police business card on the floor and threatened Mr McSweeney with a knife.

"Mr Bardho started approaching McSweeney ... waving a knife at him."

"He discharged a rifle at Mr Bardho. After shooting him the first time he retreated into his caravan and heard Mr Bardho fall to the ground.

Family wants answers after death of baby boy during birth at Latrobe Regional Hospital

  Family wants answers after death of baby boy during birth at Latrobe Regional Hospital An internal review of the baby's death led to an immediate overhaul of the Latrobe Regional Hospital's obstetric ward procedures and now the coroner is investigating.The boy died of suspected head injuries in March 2019.

Jessica Silva appeals manslaughter conviction over death of James Polkinghorne, who she stabbed when he turned up in a violent rage at her parents’ Sydney home.

Maine Prepper : Self Defense SHOTGUN Part 2 for Preppers during WROL and disasters.

As he tried to leave, Mr Bardho yelled: "I'll get you".

"Mr McSweeney fired a second shot."

Emergency services were alerted to the shooting at 7.30pm with police arriving on scene at 9.55pm and paramedics at 10.51pm.

On Thursday, Mr Cain accepted police advice that the killing of Mr Bardho was done in self-defence.

He said homicide squad detectives had conducted a thorough investigation and on the advice of the Office of Public Prosecutions, no charges were ever laid.

"I convey my sincerest sympathies to Mr Bardho's family and friends."

If you or anyone you know needs support, you can contact the National Sexual Assault, Domestic and Family Violence Counselling Service on 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732), Lifeline 131 114, or beyondblue 1300 224 636.

Netflix calms down after fan outcry: "Narnia" adaptation should continue to come .
© Buena Vista / Disney / Netflix Netflix calms down after fan outcry: "Narnia" adaptation should continue to come The joy of the "Narnia" - Netflix 's deal was pretty big not only on the streaming service in October 2018, but also on the gigantic fan base of the book series by author Clive Staples Lewis . After all, this business promised film and series supplies.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 63
This is interesting!