•   
  •   

Australia Sydney men arrested after military-style weapons seized in counter-terrorism raids

10:51  19 june  2020
10:51  19 june  2020 Source:   abc.net.au

media: Again raids against Gülen supporters in Turkey

 media: Again raids against Gülen supporters in Turkey Several hundred people who are connected to the Gülen movement are said to have been arrested. They are accused of being involved in the failed military push in 2016. © picture-alliance / AP Photo / O. Duzgun For years, the government has been campaigning against suspected Gülen supporters - like here in Kayseri 2017 - . It is the second day in a row that the Turkish police have launched large-scale raids on suspects who were involved in the coup attempt four years ago should.

Three men are arrested in Sydney 's south-west after police seize military - style guns they allege were going to be sold on the black market to finance Islamic An investigation is underway into how three men managed to get their hands on military - style weapons seized during counter - terrorism

Five people were arrested on Thursday morning by the Joint Counter Terrorism Team Sydney as part of the "Last December there were a number of documents seized that related to the search warrants we undertook in Counter - terrorism raids were also carried out on Thursday morning in Bankstown

a group of people posing for the camera: Three men are expected to be charged with up to 100 firearm offences. (NSW Police) © Provided by ABC News Three men are expected to be charged with up to 100 firearm offences. (NSW Police)

An investigation is underway into how three men managed to get their hands on military-style weapons seized during counter-terrorism raids across Sydney's south-west.

A 29-year-old man was arrested at a shopping centre car park in Bankstown while allegedly trying to sell three guns, including an MK5 rifle, a Berretta 9mm pistol and a 9mm mini-Glock pistol.

Two other men were also detained — a 26-year-old and a 30-year-old — one at a home at East Hills, the other was located by officers in Padstow.

Two people charged after major joint AFP-Tasmania Police raids in Dover

  Two people charged after major joint AFP-Tasmania Police raids in Dover A 44-year-old man is facing charges including operating a commercial fishing boat without a licence and providing support to a criminal organisation, after raids by 60 AFP, Tasmania Police and Border Force officials.Witnesses told the ABC plain-clothes police raided a business in the town's main shopping centre, on Station Road, about 9:15am.

The two were detained after Canadian authorities arrested Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou. Earlier this month, China's envoy to Canada, Cong Peiwu, said the two detained men were "in good health," but that Three arrested after military - style weapons seized in Sydney counter - terrorism raids .

Two men are arrested in counter - terrorism raids in Sydney after police thwarted what they say were plots to attack various locations including a naval base. Salihy has been charged with one count of collecting or making documents likely to facilitate terrorist acts - a charge that carries a maximum

All three are expected to be charged with up to 100 firearm offences.

Eleven other firearms — including semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and a pump-action shotgun — were seized as well as 5,000 rounds of ammunition following a secret operation in January.

They were seized from properties at Bankstown, Chester Hill, East Hills and Yagoona.

Investigators believe the guns, worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, were being sold on the black market to be used by criminal organisations in Sydney.

Assistant Commissioner Scott Lee from Australian Federal Police said the 29-year-old man had allegedly been planning to finance a terror organisation.

"We have captured evidence that relates to a potential intent to support the activities of Islamic State overseas," he said.

Two people charged after major joint AFP-Tasmania Police raids in Dover

  Two people charged after major joint AFP-Tasmania Police raids in Dover Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said states should reopen their borders immediately.

The 64-year-old man was arrested by police who were acting on a tip from the Australian Border A man in Richmond, NSW, was found with military grade firearms, swords, knives, crossbows Weapons and armour were seized by police after search warrants were executed at a Richmond

The arrests follow the execution of a number of search warrants across Sydney ’s north-west suburbs early Organised Crime squad arrest seven and over 17 kg of meth seized - Продолжительность: 4 Australia: Two arrested in Sydney counter - terrorism raids - Продолжительность: 2:31 Ruptly

"There is no evidence of any terrorist attack planning and so certainly for the community there is no ongoing threat of terrorist incidents from this operation."

NSW Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Walton said it was unclear where the weapons had come from and that remained the focus of the ongoing investigation.

"These are older-style weapons so have they been retained post-Port Arthur buyback or have they been imported into the country in some manner — that's unclear," he said.

The firearms are currently undergoing ballistic and forensic examination as detectives endeavour to find out whether they were imported overseas or sourced locally.

The men are being questioned at Bankstown Police Station and it is expected they will face Parramatta Bail Court tomorrow.

Nice attack: the prosecution requests a trial for the assizes for 9 people .
© Reuters Nice The national antiterrorism prosecution (Pnat) announced Tuesday that it had asked for the referral of nine people to the Paris Assize Court. The national antiterrorism prosecutor's office (Pnat) announced Tuesday that it had asked for the referral of nine people to the specially composed Paris Assize Court, responsible for terrorism, in the investigation into the Nice attack, which made 86 dead.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 11
This is interesting!