•   
  •   

Australia TV star Ryan Phelan pleads not guilty to assaulting his girlfriend the day after he lost his Channel Seven job - as his glamorous Sydney lawyer slams 'false allegations'

04:50  30 june  2020
04:50  30 june  2020 Source:   dailymail.co.uk

Former TV presenter Ryan Phelan in court on domestic violence charges

  Former TV presenter Ryan Phelan in court on domestic violence charges Former TV presenter Ryan Phelan has faced court for the first time charged over an alleged domestic violence incident. Mr Phelan appeared at Manly Local Court today, and did not appear before a magistrate."The allegation against our client is emphatically denied, Mr Phelan has been cooperating with police," his lawyer Claudette Chua said outside court. © AAP Former TV presenter Ryan Phelan outside Manly Local Court today (Joel Carrett). "He respects and understand the police and the courts have an obligation to make any allegation of domestic violence very seriously.

he assaulted his girlfriend the day after he lost his Channel Seven job - as he hires top Channel Seven star Ryan Phelan has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend He will plead not guilty to assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm Phelan had gone about his job as usual on that Monday, even agreeing to fill in for sports

The busboy told his family about the alleged assault at the time but did not report the incident to police until more than a year later. He decided to come forward and tell police because he did not want what happened to him to happen to someone else, he said in the complaint.

Television personality Ryan Phelan has pleaded not guilty to assaulting his girlfriend inside their $2 million home, in his first public appearance since the alleged incident.

Phelan, 45, is charged with attacking girlfriend Chelsea Franklin on Saturday, June 20, a day after it was announced he had been sacked from his Channel Seven job.

Phelan hired one of Sydney's top barristers, Margaret Cunneen SC, to defend him, but was represented for his first appearance at Manly Local Court by glamorous solicitor Claudette Chua.

Ms Franklin did not appear in court for Tuesday's brief mention of the matter. 

Orkopoulos to plead not guilty to parole breaches by using Instagram, mobile

  Orkopoulos to plead not guilty to parole breaches by using Instagram, mobile The paedophile has been back in jail since February after his release on parole following more than 11 years behind bars for grooming and assaulting three boys.The disgraced former NSW Labor politician has been back behind bars since February after his release on parole following more than 11 years in jail for grooming and assaulting three boys between 1995 and 2006.

Grannik said Schneider had lost his job as an air traffic controller for the federal government as a result of the case. Schneider was charged with four felonies, including kidnapping and assault . He pleaded guilty to a single felony assault charge in the second degree in exchange for a sentence of

Michael Vitar stars in the 1993 cult classic baseball film The Sandlot. Michael did not continue acting as he got older instead he became an LA fire fighter. More recently he was charged with group assault .

Outside court Ms Chua spoke on behalf of her TV star client, saying Phelan had been 'cooperating with police' and slamming Ms Franklin for her alleged 'false allegations'. 

'Mr Phelan has been cooperating with police. He respects and understands that the police, and the courts, have an obligation to take any allegation of domestic violence very seriously,' she said.

Adult film star Ron Jeremy charged with rape, sexual assault

  Adult film star Ron Jeremy charged with rape, sexual assault LOS ANGELES (AP) — Adult film star Ron Jeremy was charged with raping three women and sexually assaulting a fourth, Los Angeles County prosecutors said Tuesday. Jeremy, 67, whose real name is Ron Jeremy Hyatt, was charged with three counts each of forcible rape and forcible penetration by a foreign object and one count each of forcible oral copulation and sexual battery. If Jeremy is convicted, the charges could lead to a sentence of 90 years in prison. He is scheduled to be arraigned later Tuesday. Prosecutors say they will ask for bail of $6.6 million. Emails seeking comment from Jeremy sent to several of his representatives were not immediately returned.

He layered his hipster ensemble over a white tank and wore a red bandanna around his neck. The Disney alum steadily glanced down at his phone, as he stepped out looking tan and at ease after the allegations . Cole continued: ' False accusations do tremendous damage to victims of actual assault .

' He 's looking well': James Blunt confirms his father is on the mend after kidney transplant but says he hasn't seen him since January. Justin Bieber gives stirring performance of his song Intentions with Quavo on Global Citizen virtual event He 's suing two people who accused him of sexual assault .

'False allegations of domestic violence are extremely serious, they result in the total unacceptable victimisation of the accused person, and they also are unhelpful to women everywhere.'  

Before entering the plea of not guilty, an exhausted looking Phelan sat quietly inside Manly Local Court next to Ms Chua. 

Phelan's girlfriend Chelsea Franklin last week claimed the impact of Phelan's sacking from Channel Seven on June 19 led an argument that saw her report him to police.

Ms Franklin broke down in tears last Tuesday when she spoke of Phelan being charged the previous day with attacking her in the couple's northern beaches home.

The dance teacher told Daily Mail Australia her 45-year-old boyfriend's alleged assault of her on June 20 had been a 'horrible mistake' and said she 'still loves him'.

An apprehended violence order to protect Ms Franklin from Phelan has been applied for by police. 

NRL 2020: Canberra Raiders centre Curtis Scott’s deal with police over Australia Day arrest comes unstuck, report

  NRL 2020: Canberra Raiders centre Curtis Scott’s deal with police over Australia Day arrest comes unstuck, report Scott was arrested and charged with seven counts on Australia Day weekend.The 22-year-old was arrested at the Moore Park precinct in the early hours of January 27 after celebrating Australia Day in Sydney with friends.

Rand Paul's neighbor appears in court and pleads not guilty to assault as Senator DENIES there was any fight and says it was a 'blindsided violent attack by disturbed person'. Rene Boucher, 59, pleaded not guilty on Thursday after he was arrested for allegedly attacking his neighbor Rand Paul.

Actress Lori Loughlin and her husband Mossimo Giannulli requested the court enter a plea of not guilty to each charge against them in the college admissions scandal, according to a federal court filing entered Monday.

Ms Franklin, 44, said two of the couple's daughters - both from previous relationships - were inside their Frenchs Forest home when the alleged assault occurred between 5.15pm and 5.25pm.

The incident came the day after Phelan was made redundant from his job hosting Channel Seven's afternoon show The Daily Edition alongside Sally Obermeder.

Ms Franklin said it had been a 'tough week'. 

She had filed a complaint at the insistence of her teenage daughter, who went to the police station with her on the day of the alleged assault. 

Alyssa Milano Slams Blackface Allegations, Says She Was Portraying Snooki From 'Jersey Shore'

  Alyssa Milano Slams Blackface Allegations, Says She Was Portraying Snooki From 'Jersey Shore' The actress clarifies that she was impersonating Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi and not wearing blackface."Hey, a--holes. The below picture is me parodying Jersey Shore and Snookie’s tan. Snookie’s tan (she is a sweetheart by the way) is worthy of parodying as is Trump’s 'tan,'" she tweeted. "So go f--- yourselves with your smear campaign.

Former Bachelorette star Ryan Jones believes he knows the real reason Sophie Monk starred on season three of the dating show back in 2017. Ryan was portrayed as a 'villain' on Sophie's season of The Bachelorette, who ruffled feathers with his confidence. During the show's premiere, he

Human rights lawyer , 31, filmed 'hurling a Molotov cocktail at an empty NYPD van during a protest' Shechtman was representing his client on a teleconference arraignment with Brooklyn federal He 's an associate with Pryor Cashman, a corporate law firm in Times Square where he specializes in

'I'm gutted, I'm devastated, I'm shattered,' Ms Franklin said. 'I've lost my lover, I've lost my boyfriend - I love him.'

Margaret Cunneen posing for the camera © Provided by Daily Mail

'It was just a horrible mistake really, we've had a wonderful two-and-a-half years together, nothing like that has ever happened before.

'Obviously with what's going on with him being made redundant and there's a couple of other personal issues I had and he had, and I think it just took its toll.

'I love Ryan, he's an amazing person... its been a tough, tough week, but he's been an amazing person to me and I love him. It's just a horrible mistake.'

Phelan has since moved out of the home, while his daughter is understood to now be living with her mother.

As part of his bail conditions Phelan must not assault or threaten, stalk, harass or intimidate or intentionally or recklessly destroy or damage property that belongs to Ms Franklin.

Court papers state Phelan has no history of violence and no criminal record.

Ms Franklin said she had some brief communication with her boyfriend over email on the day after the incident but did not know where he was living.

She was upset but physically all right and repeatedly said she hoped the pair could work through their issues but admitted she 'did not know' if Phelan felt the same.

Accused found woman in man's unit before killing him, police allege

  Accused found woman in man's unit before killing him, police allege Police are investigating the exact nature of the relationship between Payman Thagipur and his former girlfriend Jackline Musa, who allegedly fatally rammed her car into him.Emergency services were called to Mr Thagipur's apartment complex in Wentworth Point on Saturday night, finding him on the ground of the car park with fatal injuries allegedly inflicted by the four-wheel-drive driven by Ms Musa.

Asked where Phelan was staying she said: 'I have no idea.' 

'We had some emails yesterday. I don't know if [the relationship] is salvageable right now but I'm sure he still loves me and it was just a horrible mistake.

'I worry about him more than anything, I'm devastated. I didn't want any of this to happen, I wanted it to be a private matter.

'I haven't slept all night. I wake up and I feel worse for him.'

Neighbours in the street said they had never heard any kind of disturbance at the couple's home.  

a close up of a street in front of a house: Pictured: The $2.16million home Phelan and Franklin bought together in Frenchs Forest © Provided by Daily Mail Pictured: The $2.16million home Phelan and Franklin bought together in Frenchs Forest a couple of people that are standing in a room: Two police officers attended Phelan and Ms Franklin's home on June 23 © Provided by Daily Mail Two police officers attended Phelan and Ms Franklin's home on June 23

Phelan's bosses at Channel Seven reportedly had no idea an incident had occurred until after he worked on both The Daily Edition and 6pm news two days after the event.

Sunrise news reader Natalie Barr said on-air last Monday her former colleague would not be returning to TV screens.  

'Ryan Phelan won't be returning to Seven,' she said. 'The network was unaware of the incident until notified last night.'

Phelan had gone about his job as usual on that Monday, even agreeing to fill in for sports reader Mel McLaughlin on the nightly news.

His Daily Edition co-host Obermeder addressed the incident at the start of last Tuesday's show, admitting she had been 'shocked' by the allegations. 

a dining room table in front of a window: Phelan and Ms Franklin purchased their lavish Frenchs Forest home earlier this year (living room pictured) © Provided by Daily Mail Phelan and Ms Franklin purchased their lavish Frenchs Forest home earlier this year (living room pictured)

'Before we go on, I want to address Ryan Phelan's absense from the program,' she said.

'Ryan will not be returning to The Daily Edition due to the serious allegations made against him.

'The Network was unaware of these allegations until notified last night.

'We were all understandably shocked by the allegations, but as the matter is now before the courts we will not be commenting further.'

Phelan and Ms Franklin began dating in April 2018, three months after his whirlwind romance with high-class escort Samantha X (real name Amanda Goff) ended.

He will be represented by solicitor Claudette Chua when he appears in court on Tuesday.  

If you have experienced sexual assault, domestic or family violence, call 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732.


Guilty verdict for Russian star director Serebrennikov .
A Russian court found the star director Kirill Serebrennikow guilty in a controversial case. The sentence was initially unclear. © Photo: Pavel Golovkin / AP / dpa Kirill Serebrennikow was found guilty. The 50-year-old was convicted of misappropriating grants, the district court ruled Friday in Moscow, according to the Interfax agency. The lawsuit against the artist, who is also known in Germany, is considered a show trial against the liberal art scene in Russia.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 2
This is interesting!