•   
  •   

Australia Sydney family escape fire believed to have been started by clothes on heater

12:27  01 august  2020
12:27  01 august  2020 Source:   9news.com.au

Tory was battling drug addiction and in jail when one chance led her to a 'new life'

  Tory was battling drug addiction and in jail when one chance led her to a 'new life' Tory was behind bars and battling addiction a year ago after turning to meth to wash away her pain. But then she found a lifeline where many others find themselves in a vicious cycle.The 27-year-old was addicted to drugs and serving a prison sentence at Perth's Melaleuca Women's Prison at that point.

Don't be tempted to warm clothes on the heater - clothes can quickly ignite and cause a fire in “He spent his entire policing career at Sydney City Police Area Command, where he has been part of It is believed the fire started from an overloaded power board which caught alight and destroyed the

'Doctor Who' is a British science-fiction TV series that follows the adventures of a time-traveling alien, called the Doctor, and his human companion, as they travel through time and space in a spaceship, called the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space)

An oil heater is the suspected cause of a fire that ripped through a home on Sydney's northern beaches, and forced neighbours to flee.

A husband and wife were slightly injured trying to stop the flames and their son escaped though a window. The ferocious blaze engulfed the timber home in Aranda Drive, Frenchs Forest at 9.30pm.

smoke coming from it: A house has burned down in Sydney's Frenchs Forest. © Nine A house has burned down in Sydney's Frenchs Forest.

Stephen Potts, 57, and his 51-year-old wife Monique tried to save their house - but it was too late.

Devastating summer bushfires killed nearly 3 billion animals

  Devastating summer bushfires killed nearly 3 billion animals Australia bushfires killed or displaced three billion animals in 2019-2020, according to World Wide Fund for Nature researchThe figure is almost three times more than an earlier estimate released in January.

Neither family used central heating and instead they relied on portable heaters . A husband and wife died in a house fire believed to have been started by an eco-fuel fire , an inquest heard today. Mr Fernandes and his daughter were dragged out of the property by his son, who had escaped by

Fire and Rescue NSW Retained Firefighters are a diverse group of men and women who balance other work, study and family commitments, but enjoy being part of a team and working wi th people and other emergency services.

Neighbour, Tom Ryan said he had to stop them trying to battle the flames. "I jumped the back fence to make sure they were all out of the house," he said. "I just said 'we've gotta go, the house, it's gone.

a group of people standing in a room: Stephen Potts, 57, and his 51-year-old wife Monique tried to save their house - but it was too late. © Nine Stephen Potts, 57, and his 51-year-old wife Monique tried to save their house - but it was too late.

"She's like, 'no, no I want to try & save my house.' Mr Potts suffered burns to his hands, and his wife has smoke inhalation and cuts.

Their dog also survived, but their cat is missing Firefighters believe an oil heater being used to dry a swag or clothing is to blame

Inspector Ron James, from NSW Fire and Rescue warned it was very dangerous thing to do.

Eleven die in fire in Czech Republic tower block .
Six died in the building, and another five were killed after jumping from the 11th floor.Saturday's blaze, in a block of flats in the north-eastern town of Bohumin, has been described as the worst fire in the country's history.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 15
This is interesting!