•   
  •   

Australia Rings at the ready, but COVID-19 ruins couple's wedding plans ... again

02:16  03 august  2020
02:16  03 august  2020 Source:   theage.com.au

PM says Australia 'always in the fight' against COVID-19

  PM says Australia 'always in the fight' against COVID-19 Prime Minister Scott Morrison is providing an update after National Cabinet which he says focused on the challenges facing New South Wales and Victoria.Queensland stadiums to welcome up to 2000 spectators

The rings , outfits and flowers were ready , but COVID - 19 has again dashed the wedding plans of Templestowe couple Zoe Mior and Anthony Stagliano. Zoe Mior and Anthony Stagliano with their eldest daughter Isla in 2018. Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews on Sunday banned weddings in

Shocking moment couple ' s wedding was ruined by officiator who dropped the rings , lost his place and messed up lines AND now turns out to be unauthorised.

Video provided by Nine News

The rings, outfits and flowers were ready, but COVID-19 has again dashed the wedding plans of Templestowe couple Zoe Mior and Anthony Stagliano.

Do you have a right to not wear a mask?

  Do you have a right to not wear a mask? Can police detain people for breaches of government directions? Do Victorians have legally enforceable civil rights not to wear a mask?At the outset of the pandemic, the government declared a state of emergency. It invoked section 198 of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 and conferred on Chief Health Officer Professor Brett Sutton emergency powers to make directions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as he or his delegates saw fit. The powers, still in effect, are broad and include restrictions on movement and, now, compulsory masks in public.

Kiwi couples preparing to tie the knot are making tough decisions as the fallout of COVID - 19 and ongoing border restrictions mean their dream The COVID - 19 response scuppered wedding plans earlier this year as the Government introduced stringent protocols to combat the spread of the virus.

Couples whose nuptials were put on hold by COVID - 19 are turning to a fresh trend in the bridal industry: micro weddings .

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews on Sunday banned weddings in metropolitan Melbourne, effective from Thursday.

Ms Mior, 29, and Mr Stagliano 36, have been left sad and disappointed, and don't know when their nuptials will take place.

a group of people posing for the camera: ?? The Age News Zoe Mior and Anthony Stagliano, of Templestowe, whose wedding next Monday August 10 has been called off. Pictured with their eldest daughter Isla in 2018. Supplied image 2nd August 2020 © Supplied ?? The Age News Zoe Mior and Anthony Stagliano, of Templestowe, whose wedding next Monday August 10 has been called off. Pictured with their eldest daughter Isla in 2018. Supplied image 2nd August 2020

Having been together for 10 years, the couple wanted to take their vows in front of family and friends, including grandparents and great-grandparents.

Over the past six months, COVID-19 restrictions have progressively whittled away at their dreams, moving from plans for 150 relatives and friends to having 20 guests in a Queens Road chapel with a restaurant meal.

Virus alert for passengers on three Sydney flights

  Virus alert for passengers on three Sydney flights NSW authorities have issued COVID-19 alerts for three flights which landed in Sydney last week. Passengers who sat in rows 16, 17, 18 ,19 and 20 aboard flight Emirates flight EK414 which left Dubai and arrived in Sydney on Monday, July 20 are now considered close contacts of an infected person, NSW Health said today.

My cousin' s covid wedding (self.weddingshaming). submitted 4 days ago * by wavinsnail. I need somewhere to rant because everyone else thinks this is One of my friends is having her wedding at the end of September in Texas. She’ s adamant she’ s not canceling no matter how many people will be.

Couple who wanted a barn owl to deliver their rings at the altar are forced to put ceremony on hold The bride had secretly arranged for the bird to swoop down to the altar with the wedding bands 'Instead we went ahead with plan B, we had back up rings ready because they don't always do as

In the end their wedding, planned for Monday next week, was to be a simple ceremony for five people - including the celebrant, themselves, Ms Mior's best friend and Mr Stagliano's brother. They would have had to wear masks and their daughters, Isla, 3, and Harper, 1, could not have attended.

a group of people sitting posing for the camera: ?? The Age News Zoe Mior and Anthony Stagliano, of Templestowe, whose wedding next Monday August 10 has been called off.?? Supplied image 2nd August 2020 © Supplied ?? The Age News Zoe Mior and Anthony Stagliano, of Templestowe, whose wedding next Monday August 10 has been called off.?? Supplied image 2nd August 2020

Ms Mior now vows to have a big party with their loved ones "once COVID is over, even if that meant in the next year or so".

She is philosophical.

"I just think there's bigger things in the world to worry about. I know we'll eventually get married. It's not good but we can't change it."

Gallery: Coronavirus in Australia

Their celebrant, David Schneider of registryweddings.com.au, has 25 weddings in the next three days - before the ban kicks in - at his private chapel in Queens Road opposite Albert Park Lake, up from six before Mr Andrews' edict.

After Sunday's announcement, 66 couples postponed their weddings with Mr Schneider.

He is seeking clarification on what would qualify as "compassionate reasons" - the only clause for exemption - but otherwise his calendar is bare for six weeks from Thursday.

Anthony Burke, the Australian Federation of Civil Celebrants president, said the wedding ban was "devastating for couples and the wedding industry in the metro areas".

AFCC members "will be supporting their couples and their families during these difficult and uncertain times".

Melbourne celebrant Cherie Arrowsmith said last year she officiated at 25 weddings. This year she did four before the pandemic hit, "and then none".

Ms Arrowsmith, who operates under the name Eternal Connection, said celebrants had stopped advertising and promoting work "because it's pointless. Because there's no end to this, there's no anticipated date.

"I was just building my business up. I was on a roll. And it was fabulous. It's a job that I just love. The rug's been pulled out from beneath the whole wedding industry."

But she has qualified for JobKeeper and says she is not complaining, "because there's people worse off than me".


Gallery: Bizarre marriage and divorce laws from around the world (StarsInsider)

a piece of cake on a table: Marriage and divorce laws vary from country to country, and even from state to state in countries such as the United States. Some of these laws are pretty archaic, while others are just plain bizarre. Without further ado, you may now click through the gallery and discover the wackiest marriage and divorce laws from around the world.

Victoria's death toll nears 100 after nine more die .
Victoria's COVID-19 death toll has risen to 92 after another nine people died overnight. The deaths include two people in their 90s, five in their 80s, one in their 70s and one in their 60s.Seven of the fatalities were from the private sector aged care, where there are more than 800 linked cases."We send our love and support and condolences and best wishes to each of those families," Premier Daniel Andrews said.It comes as Victoria recorded a dip in COVID-19 cases, with 295 new cases overnight, taking the state's total to 9304.

usr: 1
This is interesting!