•   
  •   

Australia Teenagers accused of 'abhorrent' attack on innocent man in Sydney's inner city

09:20  04 august  2020
09:20  04 august  2020 Source:   abc.net.au

'Innocent civilians': Bomb kills 8 in Turkish-held Syrian town

  'Innocent civilians': Bomb kills 8 in Turkish-held Syrian town Turkey controls most Syrian territory on its southern frontier, including Ras al-Ain, after several military operations.The blast scorched market stalls and scattered produce in the town of Ras al-Ain along the border with Turkey.

A magistrate says the alleged attack of an innocent man by a group of teenagers in Sydney ' s inner west last week was the most " abhorrent " case she's Up to nine teenagers , several understood to attend Sydney private schools, are implicated. (ABC News). He is charged with grievous bodily harm

Two more teens have been charged in connection with a stabbing in Sydney last week which police said "was o Supt Woods said he was "absolutely clear" the victim was not known to his attackers . "There' s also people on the peripheral who know about this and they need to come forward," he said.

a person standing in front of a tree: A 36-year-old man lost the use of one eye after the alleged attack. (ABC News) © Provided by ABC News A 36-year-old man lost the use of one eye after the alleged attack. (ABC News)

A magistrate has described the alleged attack of an innocent man by a group of teenagers in Sydney's inner city as the most "abhorrent" case she's ever dealt with.

A 36-year-old man was found with injuries described as "permanent and disfiguring" on Wattle Street in Pyrmont on Friday night.

Police allege the man was confronted by a group of up to nine teenagers who were not known to him before he was attacked with knives.

Soldier in eastern DRC shoots and kills at least 12 civilians

  Soldier in eastern DRC shoots and kills at least 12 civilians Security forces searching for the gunman in the city of Sange, close to the Burundi border, provincial governor says.Security services are conducting a search for the gunman in the city of Sange, 24km (15 miles) from the Burundi border, where the shooting took place, the governor of South Kivu province, Theo Kasi, said in a statement on Friday.

Police have begun hunting a man who they say performed " abhorrent " attacks on two innocent women within the space of 10 minutes in Sydney ' s inner west. His first alleged victim, a 30-year-old woman, told officers that she was walking west along Norton Street in Ashfield at about 8pm on

The sisters were set upon in Sydney ' s inner west on Monday afternoon. Woman allegedly spits on teen in racist coronavirus attack on city street. A teenager has been charged for allegedly spitting on and verbally abusing two women in Sydney , blaming them for the coronavirus outbreak.

As a result of the attack, the man lost use of one eye.

"That victim is currently in a coma with horrific injuries," NSW Police prosecutor Sergeant Peter Mort said.

"They are permanent and disfiguring injuries, not to mention the mental anguish he would be going through."

Seven teenagers have been charged for their alleged role in the attack.

It's understood several of the boys go to private schools in Sydney.

One of them, a 15-year-old, had his bail application heard at Surry Hills Children's Court today.

He is charged with grievous bodily harm and affray.

The court heard the prosecution has a strong case against the boy, who appeared in court via video link.

The prosecution alleges the evidence includes vision showing the teenager "stomping on the head of the victim while he was on the ground, unable to protect himself" and text messages sent after the attack, referring to his injuries.

Iran says it arrested US-based opponent accused of attack

 Iran says it arrested US-based opponent accused of attack IRAN-USA-SECURIT: Iran says it arrested US-based opponent accused of attack (Reuters) - Iran has announced on Saturday the arrest of an opponent of the regime, based in the United States, accused in particular of being at the origin of a deadly attack in 2008.

On 60 MINUTES Liz Hayes investigates the terrifying case of the innocent man falsely accused by his fiancé of violent sexual crimes. How the woman he loved fooled police into believing she was a victim when in fact she was an evil liar.

SYDNEY , NSW. It is alleged a 29-year-old man broke into the home in the early hours of Saturday morning while the family slept and attacked the girl, who is under 13. Police are not considering charges against the girl' s father. "This is quite an abhorrent crime," Acting Assistant Commissioner

Sergeant Mort described the attack as a matter of extreme violence, where the victim sustained graphic and horrific injuries.

"I don't think I have read anything like this ever," Sergeant Mort said, of the police report.

"It's just disturbing, I just don't understand," he said.

After refusing bail for the 15-year-old, Magistrate Mary Ryan said the alleged offences were shocking.

"In my time on the bench and as a criminal lawyer before that, I have never read anything so abhorrent in the adult jurisdiction and this is the children's jurisdiction," she said.

"As an adult, as a mother, as a grandmother, it is very upsetting that this young person has allegedly behaved in this matter then reported back to his friends," Magistrate Ryan continued.

Six other teenagers have been charged over the attack and remain before the courts.

Teenagers detained at Queensland shopping centre for alleged coronavirus breaches after travelling from hotspot .
Queensland police are questioning two teenage girls over COVID-19 breaches after they allegedly lied about travelling from a declared hotspot.The teenagers, one from New South Wales and one from the Sunshine Coast, were detained at the Noosa Civic Shopping Centre this afternoon.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 76
This is interesting!