•   
  •   

Australia More NSW schools target by bomb hoax emails, HSC exam interrupted

05:08  28 october  2020
05:08  28 october  2020 Source:   9news.com.au

Sydney news: Oran Park coronavirus cluster stumps authorities, refuge centres to take pets

  Sydney news: Oran Park coronavirus cluster stumps authorities, refuge centres to take pets MORNING BRIEFING: The outbreak at a childcare centre in Oran Park, in Sydney's south-west, has grown to 19 cases and epidemiologists say they are powerless to trace clusters without people coming forward for testing.NSW health authorities remained stumped about the source of the Oran Park coronavirus cluster, which yesterday grew to 19 cases.

"Unfortunately we've had more than 20 schools across Sydney impacted by the emails that were threatening bombs ," Education Minister Sarah Mitchell confirmed to the ABC. Police said initial inquiries "suggest the threats are linked" and detectives from the cybercrime squad will lead the investigation

Two HSC students who were sitting exams today were Yuyin and Aryan, who said they were told it was an email bomb More than 10 schools have now been impacted by the threat - a figure which is The NSW Department of Education said all schools ' Emergency Response Plans have been activated.

More NSW schools have been sent bomb hoax emails, sparking mass evacuations and interrupting HSC exams.

Yesterday more than 20 high schools received anonymous threats over email, suggesting suspicious items were on the grounds.

Today at least 10 more high schools in regional NSW were sent similar threats.

READ MORE: Sydney HSC students unable to resit exams after school threats

a close up of a flower garden: Bowral High School. © Google Maps Bowral High School.

https://www.facebook.com/MossValeHS/posts/3671176932934529

Those impacted so far are Moss Vale High School, Bomaderry High School, Kiama High School, Bowral High School, Yass High School, Vincentia High School, Narrabri High School, Yanco High School, Merriwa Central School, and Nowra High School.

Nagorno-Karabakh fighting rages as US hosts talks

  Nagorno-Karabakh fighting rages as US hosts talks STEPANAKERT, Nagorno-Karabakh (AP) — Heavy fighting raged Friday over Nagorno-Karabakh even as top diplomats from Armenia and Azerbaijan traveled to Washington for negotiations on settling the neighboring countries' decades-long conflict. U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's scheduled talks with Armenia and Azerbaijan's foreign ministers follow two failed Russian attempts to broker a cease-fire in the worst outbreak of hostilities over the region for more than a quarter-century. © Provided by Associated Press People take refuge in a bomb shelter in Stepanakert, the separatist region of Nagorno-Karabakh, Thursday, Oct. 22, 2020.

"The emails inform the school that a bomb has been placed on the grounds and will be detonated if they don't hand over cash. " Schools have been visited by police to reassure them that the incident is being treated as a hoax and address any concerns. "We take all incidents of this nature extremely

threats targeted schools ,[11] and bomb threats made against schools have increased by 33 Most bomb threats are false alarms which do not involve actual explosives, only the incitement of fear.[13] Bomb threats are likely influenced by the power of suggestion and mass media, with threats likely to

The Principal of Moss Vale High School confirmed HSC exams had been interrupted, saying: "the school is dealing separately with those students, in consultation with the NSW Education Standards Authority, which runs the exams."

The NSW Education Standards Authority also confirmed the interruption.

"This afternoon's exams will continue as scheduled unless students are advised otherwise by their school," a spokesperson said.

NSW Police have established Strike Force Rolum to investigate the emails.

NSW Education Minister Sarah Mitchell said students will not be able to resit the tests.

"The main exams yesterday were Legal Studies in the morning and Visual Arts and depending on the time the threats came to the school, some students were able to sit their exams without disruption, some were interrupted partway through," she told Today.

As US election day approaches, inaccurate claims persist .
As the US awaits election day on Tuesday, misleading claims from President Donald Trump and his opponent Joe Biden are circulating on hot-button issues including the Covid-19 pandemic, the economy and healthcare. The president often mentions this figure at rallies, heralding a statistical bounce that followed the reopening of the US economy. However, he usually does not mention that 22 million jobs had previously been lost as local governments across the country imposed lockdowns to combat the spread of the coronavirus.Many people who registered for unemployment due to business closures went back to work, as opposed to new jobs being created.

usr: 13
This is interesting!