•   
  •   

Australia $50k fine for Central Coast groundskeeper after autistic man drinks weedkiller from Coke bottle

08:05  30 october  2020
08:05  30 october  2020 Source:   abc.net.au

Israel aims to charge officer who killed austistic Palestinian

  Israel aims to charge officer who killed austistic Palestinian Israel's justice ministry said Wednesday it will seek to file "reckless homicide" charges against a police officer who shot dead a Palestinian man with autism in Jerusalem's Old City. Iyad Hallak, 32, was shot and killed on May 30 while walking to his special needs school in Israeli-annexed east Jerusalem, after officers mistakenly thought he was armed. Hallak was killed near Lions' Gate in the alleys of the walled Old City, where he had attended school for six years.The justice ministry said the officer who shot Hallak failed to apply standard police rules on firing a weapon and "did not resort to more proportionate alternatives".

Charges are laid against a volunteer groundskeeper and the Central Coast Council in NSW after a man with autism drinks a mix of highly toxic A man drank toxic weedkillers left in a bottle in a disabled toilet last year. The NSW Environmental Protection Authority has laid charges against the

Autistic man , 21, nearly dies after drinking WEED KILLER from a Coke bottle he found in public toilets.The survival of a 21-year-old man who accidentally drank a concoction of highly toxic weed killers has been labeled a miracle.Damien Terry, from the NSW Central Coast , began vomiting

Doctors did not expect Damien Terry to survive. (Supplied: Damien Terry) © Provided by ABC Health Doctors did not expect Damien Terry to survive. (Supplied: Damien Terry)

A volunteer groundskeeper has been fined nearly $50,000 after a man with autism drank a mix of highly toxic weedkillers that were left in a drink bottle.

Damien Terry, 24, was given 12 hours to live but recovered after two weeks in Gosford Hospital, on the New South Wales Central Coast, in 2017.

He drank a cocktail of paraquat and diquat from a Coca-Cola bottle he found in a disabled toilet at a Mangrove Mountain sports oval.

The NSW Environment Protection Authority took legal action, separately, against the Central Coast Council and volunteer groundskeeper Wayne McInnes.

Samuel Le Bihan: how did he realize that his daughter was different?

 Samuel Le Bihan: how did he realize that his daughter was different? © BESTIMAGE Samuel Le Bihan: how did he realize that his daughter was different? In the columns of Gala, on newsstands this Thursday, October 22, Samuel Le Bihan spoke at length about the daily life of his autistic daughter, Angia. The actor returned to the moment when he realized that she was different. Samuel Le Bihan is the happy father of 8-year-old Angia. In 2018, he revealed to Michel Drucker and millions of viewers that his daughter was autistic .

Environmentalists say the weedkiller is linked to cancer, although the claim is strongly denied by manufacturers and the EU has approved the chemical for use. US President Trump waves from the back of a car in a motorcade outside of Walter Reed Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.

Deadly weed killer . Groundsman, 46, awarded £226million after court rules weedkiller Groundsman Dewayne Johnson has been awarded £226million after a court ruled weedkiller Johnson sprayed large quantities from a 50 -gallon tank attached to a truck, and during gusty winds

The charges related to the unlawful storage of pesticides, carrying maximum penalties of $120,000 for a corporation and $60,000 for an individual.

The proceedings against the council are pending, but .

Julie Terry told the court that Coca-Cola had been one her son's favourite beverages.

"If the family had visitors the family had to guard their drinks, as Damien was prone to drinking them if they had Coke in them," she said.

Ms Terry told the court that her son would have had no conception that a Coke bottle could contain anything other than Coke.

'People don't survive'

When they arrived at the hospital Mr Terry's family was told the substance he had ingested was lethal.

"People don't survive from ingesting it," a doctor said at the time.

Gourmet Traveller Hospitality Honours List 2020: quarantini time

  Gourmet Traveller Hospitality Honours List 2020: quarantini time A toast to the clever booze offerings that helped us see our glasses as half full instead of half empty.The Everleigh Bottling Co. released two "volumes" of the Melbourne Mixtape – a mixed pack of ready-to-drink cocktails from some of the city's best cocktail bars. The pre-mixed tipples served as a tasty way to support small bars as they remained closed through Melbourne's lockdown, with all proceeds going directly to the bars involved. The second volume included drinks from Above Board, Bar Americano, Bar Margaux, Black Pearl, Byrdi, Capitano, Mjolner and The Everleigh. Now that's something worth toasting.

With 136 childcare centres on the Gold Coast the potential for a boost in sales is ripe. We asked Gold Coast Bulletin editor Rachel Hancock if her journalists After opening remarks by editor-in-chief Chris Dore, the keynote was given by Australia Post chief executive Christine Holgate, who the very next

School groundskeeper battling cancer says he would have never used Roundup weed killer if he knew it could lead to terminal illness. Former school groundskeeper Dewayne Johnson is suing agrochemical company Monsanto over their extremely popular weed killer 'Roundup'.

"It takes 10-14 millilitres to kill an adult."

The court heard that blood tests were performed and fluids administered.

Mr Terry's family was then informed that there was no antidote for poisoning by this pesticide.

A dialysis machine was placed outside his ICU room because the doctors anticipated complete kidney failure.

But against all odds, Mr Terry survived.

'I'm sorry'

In his submission to the court Mr McInnes apologised to Mr Terry and his family.

"First and foremost I would like to say to Damien and his family how sorry I am for this terrible incident," he said.

"I understand that it has impacted severely on everyone's life and it should not have happened.

"The experience has also left me devastated.

"While I believe everyone involved made mistakes, mine was not disposing of the Coke bottle with the pesticide in it immediately and I have been kicking myself for the last three years.

"I have learned that I should never take the risk of putting chemicals into unauthorised containers.

"Since the accident I have cleared out the chemicals from my own workshop."

Mr McInnes told the court he had stepped down from his role.

Mum welcomes sentence

Ms Terry said she believed it was an appropriate sentence.

She said her son was back to his "happy, lovable self", but whether his health would suffer in the long term remained to be seen.

"The money is reasonable in the circumstances," Ms Terry said.

"You don't get over something like that very quickly, and we're actually in the fortunate position that our son is alive."

Australian staples such as TimTams, Milo and VB are foreign-owned .
Iconic Australian food and drinks such as Tim Tam (pictured), Milo, Golden Gaytime, Victoria Bitter and XXXX are all owned by foreign companies. Many of Australia's confectionary products and ice creams are owned by multinational companies in Europe and the US. Australian beers are still brewed on home ground but are owned by Japanese breweries like Asahi and Kirin, or Belgian firm Anheuser-Busch InBev. © Provided by Daily Mail Milo (pictured) is owned by Swiss multinational conglomerate Nestlé, which is headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland.

usr: 23
This is interesting!