•   
  •   

Australia At least two involved in Qld sewer death

02:59  24 february  2021
02:59  24 february  2021 Source:   aap.com.au

A bizarre tweet by QLD Health claims state is being 'picked on'

  A bizarre tweet by QLD Health claims state is being 'picked on' Queensland Health has posted a bizarre message claiming the state is being 'picked on by others' for its slow coronavirus vaccine rollout, which gave the jab to 30 per cent fewer people than projected. 'QLD is used to being picked on by others. We saw this many times last year, even though our response remains one of the best in the world,' the official Queensland Health account tweeted. © Provided by Daily Mail Queensland Health has tweeted a bizarre message (pictured) which claimed the state is being 'picked on by others' for their slow Covid vaccine rollout 'Our response is safe, measured & sensible.

More than one person is believed to have been involved in killing a man and putting his body in a sewer in Brisbane's eastern suburbs two years ago.

a man smiling for the camera: Brisbane police have appealed for information regarding the death in 2019 of Jason Guise. © PR HANDOUT IMAGE PHOTO Brisbane police have appealed for information regarding the death in 2019 of Jason Guise.

Police are offering up to $250,000 and possible legal indemnity to anyone who can provide information about the death of Jason Guise, whose body was found in a sewer pit well in Wynnum on May 8, 2019.

Acting Detective Inspector Mark Mooney says more than one person is suspected to have been involved in killing the 45-year-old and moving his body.

Appeal over Qld dad's road shooting death

  Appeal over Qld dad's road shooting death Police have reopened the cold case homicide investigation into the shooting death of Gold Coast father Omega Ruston during a road rage incident 12 years ago.The 32-year-old construction worker had got out of his ute on the Gold Coast Hwy at Burleigh Heads to talk to the driver of a small maroon sedan after the incident when he was shot dead at 10:25pm on Australia Day in 2009.

"We believe there might be more than one person involved, at some point in time, in relation to Jason's death and we ask those people to come forward whether you have (been involved) before, during, or after Jason's death, please come forward with that information," he told reporters on Wednesday.

Mr Guise was seen at a 7-11 store at Tingle Rd in Wynnum about 2.43pm on April 21 before he was seen on CCTV walking past Woolworths on Florence St.

Police believe he returned to his home on Bride St before going to a food van for the homeless on the corner of Tingle and Charlotte streets.

Mr Guise is believed to have received a food package there before he was last seen alive riding a pushbike past the the Waterloo Bay Hotel on Berrima St about 7.20pm.

Australia's death bowling being tested by Kiwis

  Australia's death bowling being tested by Kiwis Daniel Sams is cannon fodder at the death, while Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc and Kane Richardson remain Australia’s best options in these dying overs in T20s. That’s what was revealed when I painstakingly calculated using ball-by-ball data the performance of every Australian who’s bowled at least four times at the death in international T20s over the past two years. An inability to close out innings with the ball has hurt Australia badly in three of their past four T20s. In their most recent match Australia bled 56 runs from the final five overs as New Zealand charged to a giant total.

He was reported missing to police 12 days later.

"This is the last sighting of Jason. Jason hasn't been seen since this time," Det Insp Mooney said.

"However, we do believe that he's returned home from this location as the clothing we located him in is different from the clothing he was wearing in this footage."

He said investigators also believe Mr Guise died somewhere other than the sewer where his body was found.

Given his weight and the difficulty in accessing the sewer well, which was under lock and key and ringed by a 2.4m fence, at least two people are suspected to have been involved in moving his body.

Det Insp Mooney said police are offering legal indemnity to anyone who can provide information, but was not involved in the actual death of Mr Guise.

He said Jason's father Barry Guise, who lives in Western Sydney, has been waiting almost two years to find out what happened to his son.

"Jason's family and friends have the right and the deserve to know what happened to Jason on that day," Det Insp Mooney said.

"If you have that information we urge you to come forward right now."

Angelo Quinto’s family says he died after police pinned him by his neck. Police deny they did anything wrong. .
The 30-year-old Filipino Navy veteran was having a mental health crisis. Then the police arrived.A video shot on December 23, 2020, which shows Quinto handcuffed and seemingly unconscious in his mother’s bedroom with blood soaking his face, has garnered greater attention in recent weeks in a time when anti-Asian attacks are on the rise and the country continues to reckon with racist police violence.

usr: 2
This is interesting!