Australia Vic truckie charged with dangerous driving
Self-driving cars to be allowed on roads this year
The government previously said it hoped to legalise hands-free driving by spring 2021.The Department for Transport said automated lane-keeping systems (ALKS) will be the first type of hands-free driving legalised.
A man will front court charged with dangerous driving after his truck ploughed into a Melbourne traffic light, injuring five people.
Victoria Police say the 64-year-old Wyndham Vale man will appear at the Melbourne Magistrates' Court on Saturday over the incident in Southbank.
The driver did not stop to help the injured pedestrians after the crash near the intersection of City Road and Power Street on Thursday, police have alleged.
He is facing two counts of dangerous driving causing injury.
While performing a left-hand turn, the B-double tanker cut the corner and mounted the footpath before taking out the traffic light, which fell to the ground, police said.
Four men and a woman, all believed to be aged in their 20s to 30s, were injured in the crash and taken to hospital.
Two of the men are critically injured, while the three other pedestrians are in a serious but stable condition.
A bizarre tale of cannabis boom and bust .
How the pandemic cannabis boom led to chaos on the Navajo Nation, pitting two minorities against each other.When Xia (not her real name) first heard about the job as a "flower cutter", she pictured roses.