Australia Here's what we know about the journey of two COVID-positive removalists who visited Victoria and SA
What are the symptoms of COVID and when should I get a test?
The symptoms of COVID-19 vary from person to person and can be similar to a cold or the flu. Here's what you need to know about the virus.Here's what you need to know about the virus and when you should get a COVID test.
Two removalists who tested positive for coronavirus after visiting South Australia and Victoria last week have sparked concerns about possible local COVID-19 transmission.
Here's a look at their journey.
Where did the removalists start their trip?
The three-person crew arrived in Melbourne on Thursday, July 8, from Sydney's west.
Theyin Melbourne's west.
Victoria records one new COVID-19 case as apartment complex residents told to quarantine
The list of Victoria's COVID-19 exposure sites is expected to grow as authorities determine the movements of a removalist crew and a family who flew in from interstate.Victoria recorded one new coronavirus case on Tuesday as residents of an apartment complex in Melbourne's north-west were told to quarantine for 14 days.
They came into contact with two families of four through that process.
Those families are isolating and have been tested for COVID-19.
The removalists also visited sites in Ballan and Broadmeadows.
An apartment building visited by two of the removalists has been plunged into lockdown as a result of the exposure risk.
Residents at the Ariele Apartments complex at Maribyrnong are now isolating for 14 days.
Overnight, Victorian health authorities identified new exposure sites the men had attended while in Melbourne.
A Hungry Jack's outlet and an adjoining Caltex service station — including the bowsers and toilets — on the Hume Highway at Kalkallo, in Melbourne's northern outskirts, have been identified as tier 1 exposure sites.
Police use CCTV to track movements of removalists who tested positive for coronavirus
Police are carefully tracking the movements of three removalists — two of whom have now been diagnosed with COVID-19 — who travelled from NSW to Victoria and then to SA.SA Health today said the trio had stopped at petrol stations along the way, and that one of the men was later revealed to be a close contact of a positive case in New South Wales.
The crew was at the site for several minutes on Thursday morning, between 9:07am and 10:06am. Anyone who visited the location during that time must get tested "immediately and quarantine for 14 days from the exposure".
Health authorities have urged the men to be more forthcoming with information about their movements in the state.
"Interviews, which are ongoing, are proving to be complex and challenging," the Victorian Department of Health said in a statement on its website.
"The department is also using other methods of validation to determine their movement.
"Public exposure sites will be published as soon as possible once confirmed and validated."
What happened in McLaren Vale?
The group then travelled.
McLaren Vale is in the centre of the wine region of the same name, 40 kilometres south of Adelaide's CBD.
Petrol station identified as 'high-risk' COVID-19 exposure site linked to removalists with coronavirus
At least 18 people were at a service station in SA during a 100-minute period when it was attended by removalists who later tested positive to coronavirus, with a worker at the site now showing symptoms, SA Health says.The three men travelled to McLaren Vale, south of Adelaide last week, carrying furniture for a family relocating from western Sydney, after first heading to Melbourne.
The removalists spent five hours in contact with a family of five while unpacking.
They were not wearing face masks the whole time, however this is allowed since they were doing strenuous work that may be inhibited by wearing one.
It doesn't appear that the removalists travelled together with the family.
The family members have been doing their 14-day quarantine ever since they arrived.
Under SA government rules, all people moving from NSW to South Australia are required to quarantine and be tested on days one, five and 13. This week the government revealed it was tightening the rules on those returning or moving to the state.
The family have so far tested negative to the virus.
SA Premier Steven Marshall said there was "no evidence whatsoever of them being out and about in the McLaren Vale area".
The removalists then visited Tailem Bend
On their way back from McLaren Vale, the crew stopped for food and petrol at, a town on the Murray River, about 100 kilometres south-east of Adelaide.
By that time, one of the crew had been told he was a close contact of a known case, and he did not leave the vehicle.
Hungry Jacks and a Caltex added to Melbourne's list of exposure sites
Anyone who visited Caltex or Hungry Jack's in Kalkallo, north of the city, on July 8 between 9.07am and 10.06am is considered a Tier one contact.Anyone who visited Caltex or Hungry Jack's in Kalkallo, north of the city, on July 8 between 9.07am and 10.06am is considered a Tier one contact, and must get tested and isolate for 14 days.
Another man, who later tested positive to COVID-19, went into the service station.
The site has beenbetween 5:20pm and 7:00pm on Friday, July 9.
Two workers at the site are in isolation, with one showing possible COVID-19 symptoms.
The removalists were not wearing masks while eating, as allowed.
They did not check in to the service station using the mySA GOV app.
SA authorities said there was a language barrier with two of the three removalists, but the third had been able to provide useful information.
Nineteen QR code check-ins were logged at the service station during the visit, and 13 at the adjacent Coolabah Tree Cafe, but people who did not check in have been urged to come forward.
Children there at the time may also not have been registered.
Contact tracers have begun interviewing more than 40 people who have indicated they may have visited the sites.
The service station includes the cafe, a Coles Express convenience store and other amenities for truck drivers.
It is on the main route from Adelaide to Sydney, Melbourne and the south-east of South Australia, with more than 8,000 vehicles travelling through per day on National Highway One, according to the Department for Infrastructure and Transport.
When did the removalists find out they were infectious?
While working in SA, a member of the crew was contacted by NSW Health and told he was a primary close contact of another positive case.
He was tested on July 10, after returning to NSW, and his positive result came back on Sunday.
Another member of the three-person crew returned a positive result on Monday.
No other exposure sites known
SA Health does not believe the removalists visited any other locations within South Australia before returning to Sydney via Victoria, but are looking at CCTV to determine other possible sites.
Victorian and NSW health authorities have not named any exposure sites for the trio's return trip to Sydney, about 1,300km east of Tailem Bend.
Video: Canterbury-Bankstown area 'hurting' but working to minimise spread of virus (Sky News Australia)
Three removalists who tested positive to Covid-19 travelled across NSW .
Three removalists allegedly knew they were infected with coronavirus before they drove out of southwest Sydney, stopping at several towns on their way to Molong, in NSW's central west.The men aged 20, 27 and 27 travelled from West Hoxton to Figtree in Wollongong, before stopping at several towns on their way to Molong, in NSW's central west.