•   
  •   

Australia Hungry Jacks and a Caltex added to Melbourne's list of exposure sites

02:08  14 july  2021
02:08  14 july  2021 Source:   dailymail.co.uk

Here's what we know about the journey of two COVID-positive removalists who visited Victoria and SA

  Here's what we know about the journey of two COVID-positive removalists who visited Victoria and SA Two removalists who tested positive for coronavirus after visiting South Australia and Victoria last week have sparked concerns about possible local COVID-19 transmission. Here's what we know about their journey so far.Here's a look at their journey.

a group of people posing for the camera: MailOnline logo © Provided by Daily Mail MailOnline logo

Two busy venues have been added to Melbourne's growing list of Covid-19 exposure sites.

Anyone who visited Caltex or Hungry Jack's in Kalkallo, north of the city, on July 8 between 9.07am and 10.06am is considered a Tier one contact, and must get tested and isolate for 14 days.

The venues are linked to two removalists who travelled from Sydney through Victoria to Adelaide last week, before testing positive.

a sign on the side of a road: ( © Provided by Daily Mail ( a group of people standing in a room: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

The workers made a drop-off at a family home in Craigieburn and a pick-up at the Maribyrnong apartment last Thursday.

Victoria records 12 new local cases as number of exposure sites pass 275

  Victoria records 12 new local cases as number of exposure sites pass 275 Victoria has recorded 12 new local cases on Monday amid exposure sites ballooning to more than 275, with epidemiologists flagging lockdown may be extended.All the cases are linked to the current outbreak, according to the health department.

Both families of four are isolating and have been tested.

The crew is believed to have immediately left Melbourne and arrived in Adelaide early Friday morning.

The infected cases have also put a Mobil service station and McDonald's in Ballan on alert, along with a Coles in Craigieburn.

Covid-19 Commander Jeroen Weimar said the removalists were not 'forthcoming' about their movements.

'I can understand there's a number of scenarios that might be going through their heads,' he told reporters on Tuesday.

'The only thing we care about is the information, so we can act upon it and put the public health response in place. Everything else is secondary.'

a car parked in a parking lot: ( © Provided by Daily Mail ( a bus parked in front of a building: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

Removalists are permitted workers under Victoria's border permit system.

Victoria records one new COVID-19 case as apartment complex residents told to quarantine

  Victoria records one new COVID-19 case as apartment complex residents told to quarantine The list of Victoria's COVID-19 exposure sites is expected to grow as authorities determine the movements of a removalist crew and a family who flew in from interstate.Victoria recorded one new coronavirus case on Tuesday as residents of an apartment complex in Melbourne's north-west were told to quarantine for 14 days.

An apartment complex in Melbourne also in lockdown for 14 days after being visited by the infected removalists.

Residents of the Ariele Apartments in Maribyrnong in Melbourne's north-west have been ordered not to leave the building after the infected group visited on July 8.

The complex is listed as a Tier 1 exposure site, which means anyone at the apartments from 1pm to 11.59pm on that day must get tested and isolate for 14 days, regardless of the result.

Resident Craig McLean recalled walking directly past the removalists in the building foyer the day they were there.

a tall building in a city: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

'Obviously it's very, very frustrating as clearly rules haven't been followed,' Mr McLean told Sunrise from his first floor balcony on Tuesday.

'We now find ourselves in lockdown while the rest of Melbourne is out of that state, so it's very frustrating.'

He feared not all residents may be unaware they've been ordered to isolate for two weeks and may have left for work on Tuesday.

Victoria wakes to its fifth lockdown. Here's how we got there again

  Victoria wakes to its fifth lockdown. Here's how we got there again Once more, it's a case of deja vu all over again for repeatedly locked-down Victorians, who are asking what went wrong so rapidly.It was only on Sunday that Victoria recorded it's 11th-straight day of zero new cases and Victorians in New South Wales were being urged to hurry home.

'I heard a bit of traffic outside so potentially that has happened,' he said.

'We could hear people in foyer moving around. Again, not ideal.'

a man standing in front of a mirror: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

Mr McLean originally thought it was an Uber Eats driver who had the wrong unit when he got a knock at the door around 9pm on Monday night.

'We opened up the door and there was a letter there, so I contacted the hotline for further clarification, where they told me to gest tested and isolate for 14 days,' he said.

Health workers donning personal protective equipment were spotted entering the building on Tuesday as residents watched on from their balconies.

Another woman in the building told Sunrise she had no idea until she found a letter in her letterbox.

Resident Nicola Clement is holed up in her 10th lockdown or isolation period following stints in Western Australia and New Zealand since the pandemic.

'Of all the apartments in Melbourne, I couldn't believe it was mine,' she told the Herald Sun.

a glass display case: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

'One thing I'm grumpy about is it's a stricter lockdown than Sydney.'

Inside the fateful journey that brought COVID back to Victoria in a removalists' truck

  Inside the fateful journey that brought COVID back to Victoria in a removalists' truck When Cherryll Scott left her unit to stock up on bottled water last Thursday, she had to contend with a familiar challenge. But the minor inconvenience in her complex's lift proved to be a huge problem."There's only one elevator in the building, how ridiculous is that," she said of the complex with its 70-80 apartments.

Another resident only found out his apartment was an exposure site after checking the Health Department's website.

'I was going to work … realised we had the lockdown and came home,' he said

Residents cannot leave the buildings unless they getting Covid-19 test or in an emergency.

Anyone who visited been to the complex any time between July 9 and 12 must also get tested and isolate until they test negative.

a group of people standing in front of a car: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

Three members of the same Melbourne household have also tested positive and are in isolation, having recently returned from NSW on red zone permits.

Three of the four family members from the City of Hume arrived on July 4 by air and the other returned by car on July 8.

They all initially tested negative but two became symptomatic and were tested on Sunday, with the results coming back positive on Monday.

Neither the flight nor Melbourne Airport has been listed as exposure sites, as the family tested negative for the virus two days after their arrival and other passengers are already self-isolating as part of their red zone permit conditions.

MELBOURNE'S NEW COVID EXPOSURE SITES

Tier 1: Get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days from exposure

Kalkallo: Caltex, on the Hume Highway - 08/07/21, 9.07am - 10.06am

South Australia exposure sites grow as three new local cases emerge

  South Australia exposure sites grow as three new local cases emerge Health authorities are on high alert as the exposure sites grow in South Australia following three new cases.One of the positive cases is the daughter of an 81-year-old man who returned from Argentina and also tested positive.

Kalkallo: Hungry Jack's, on the Hume Highway - 08/07/21, 9.07am - 10.06am

Victoria records 19 new local cases of COVID-19, all linked to current outbreak

  Victoria records 19 new local cases of COVID-19, all linked to current outbreak Victoria recorded 19 new local cases on Saturday, although two were announced on Friday afternoon, with 165 exposure sites now listed across the state.There were 47,606 test results received.

Ballan: Mobil Ballan (westbound) - 08/07/21, 5pm - 7pm

Ballan: McDonald's Ballan (westbound) - 08/07/21, 5pm - 7pm

Craigieburn: Coles in Craigieburn Central Shopping Centre - 10/07/21, 5.28pm - 6.38pm

Maribyrnong: Ariele Apartments (anyone present) - 08/07/21, 1pm - 11.59pm

Tier 2: Get tested urgently and isolate until you have a negative result

Maribyrnong: Ariele Apartments - July 9, 10, 11 and 12, 12am - 11.59pm

Broadmeadows: Metro Petroleum - 11/07/21, 1.19pm - 2.04pm

Qantas flight QF1542: Launceston to Melbourne - 02/07/21, 10.15am - 11.20am

Tier 3: Monitor for symptoms

Craigieburn: Craigieburn Central Shopping Centre - 10/07/21, 5.28pm - 6.38pm

Read more

COVID news near me: tighter border restrictions introduced as SA, NSW and Victoria remain in lockdown .
States and territories are once again tightening their borders, as SA, NSW and Victoria grapple with separate outbreaks. Here's what's happening with COVID-19 across Australia.We'll be updating this story throughout the day as case numbers are released and we hear from health officials (so don't worry if you can't see your state or territory yet).New South Wales:A nursing home in Sydney's south will remain locked down over the next two weeks, after a nurse tested positive to COVID-19.

usr: 0
This is interesting!