•   
  •   

Australia Three removalists who tested positive to Covid-19 travelled across NSW

11:20  17 july  2021
11:20  17 july  2021 Source:   dailymail.co.uk

Vic seeks to stamp out NSW virus 'embers'

  Vic seeks to stamp out NSW virus 'embers' The "flying embers" from Sydney's worsening COVID-19 outbreak have blown into Victoria, with authorities working to stamp out separate virus spot fires.Victorian contact tracers are having trouble nailing down the movements of a Sydney-based removalist team, one of two new COVID-19 scares.

How three removalists travelled from a Covid hotspot in Sydney to towns all over NSW despite KNOWING they had the virus. By Tom Sargeant For Daily Mail Australia. Published: 06:52 BST, 17 July 2021 | Updated: 06:52 BST, 17 July 2021. Officers from Central West Police District attended Speedy street in Molong at about 2.30pm on July 16 after being notified of the men who travelled from Sydney. It is alleged that the three men had been notified they had tested positive to Covid - 19 before making the trip.

Police have charged three men who allegedly knew they had COVID - 19 but still travelled from Sydney to the state's Central West. The men were working as removalists . It will be alleged the younger three men made the journey despite being notified they had tested positive for the virus. Police Minister David Elliott said: "We know that the Delta variant is highly transmissible, and it is unfathomable to think that, with all the public information and health warnings, people could so blatantly ignore the health orders."

a close up of a sign: MailOnline logo © Provided by Daily Mail MailOnline logo

Three removalists allegedly knew they were infected with coronavirus before they drove out of southwest Sydney for regional NSW.

The men aged 20, 27 and 27 travelled from West Hoxton to Figtree in Wollongong, before stopping at several towns on their way to Molong, in NSW's central west.

Police caught up with the trio on Speedy street in Molong about 2.30pm on July 16 after being notified of the men who travelled from Sydney.

It is alleged that the three men had been notified they had tested positive to Covid-19 before making the trip.

map: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

Police escorted the men and their vehicles back to Sydney, and have been told to isolate for 14 days, before allegedly being issued Court Attendance Notices for breaching public health orders.

Victoria records two Covid cases after removalist entered from Sydney

  Victoria records two Covid cases after removalist entered from Sydney Victoria has recorded two new locally-acquired coronavirus cases after infected removalists entered the state from Covid-ravaged NSW. The two new cases were previously announced on Monday afternoon and take Victoria's tally of active Covid-19 cases to 20.Another local case was acquired interstate. All three cases are members of the same Melbourne household who have been in isolation having recently returned from NSW on red zone permits.Meanwhile, an apartment complex in Melbourne is now in lockdown after being visited by the infected removalists who travelled from Sydney.

A COVID- positive Sydney man who works as a removalist and was working during the trip, also stayed overnight in Victoria on July 8, before travelling to South Australia. Victoria's COVID - 19 Commander Jeroen Weimar says two people who returned from New South Wales on red zone permits have since tested positive for COVID - 19 . Key points: A positive case from Sydney visited Victoria on July 8 and stayed overnight. Two members of a Victorian family of four who returned from NSW and were isolating have tested positive .

COVID - 19 rules in NSW . Travel to and from NSW . Getting vaccinated for COVID - 19 . Find a COVID - 19 testing clinic. Planning your trip: quarantine advice. If you have been in Wellington in the last 14 days, regularly check the list of COVID - 19 venues of concern on the New Zealand Health Department website and follow the public health requirements for testing and self-isolation. Suspension of quarantine free travel between New Zealand and NSW .

Minister for Police and Emergency Services David Elliott slammed the removalists for their disregard for the safety of others.

'This thoughtless act has now placed our regional communities in NSW at the greatest risk so far with this pandemic,' Mr Elliott said.

'We know that the delta variant is highly transmissible, and it is unfathomable to think that, with all the public information and health warnings, people could so blatantly ignore the health orders.'

State Emergency Operations Controller, Deputy Commissioner Gary Worboys said the new restrictions introduced on July 17 will hopefully curb people's behaviour.

'Currently, we are seeing millions of people right across this state doing the right thing being let down by a small minority who continue to be irresponsible and put themselves and their communities at risk,' Deputy Commissioner Worboys said.

Daniel Andrews says when Victoria and other states will stop lockdowns

  Daniel Andrews says when Victoria and other states will stop lockdowns The Victorian Premier said while restrictions such as mask wearing would likely continue, he's hoping that from 2022 enough vaccines have been given to end harsh lockdowns around Australia. 'Our plan – not just in Victoria but across the country – is everybody who wants to get two shots gets them by the end of the year and we start 2022 with a very different set of rules,' he told 3AW on Tuesday morning. © Provided by Daily Mail ( 'This ends by everybody getting two jabs and then we're able to say we've all done our very best to protect everyone who needs to be protected.

Three new local COVID - 19 cases recorded in Queensland. SA Health confirms a third exposure location linked to two COVID- positive removalists . Victoria records 10 local COVID - 19 cases, all known yesterday. Two removalists who tested positive for coronavirus after visiting South Australia and Victoria last week have sparked concerns about possible local transmission in the NSW town of Hay, about 250km west of Wagga Wagga in the western Riverina region. NSW Health says anyone who was at the Shell petrol station on the Sturt Highway on July 10 between 7:30am and 8

Today two guests sharing a stateroom onboard Celebrity Millennium tested positive for COVID - 19 while conducting the required end of cruise testing . The individuals are asymptomatic and currently in isolation and being monitored by our medical team. We are conducting contact tracing, expediting testing for all close contacts and closely monitoring the situation. Celebrity Millennium is sailing with fully vaccinated crew and guests and following comprehensive protocols that align with our destination partners and exceed CDC guidelines to protect the health and safety of our guests.

'Today's strengthening of the health orders means that people will have to change the way that they behave.

a man standing in front of a building: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

'The greater restrictions will see police ramping up our response across all of greater Sydney and regional areas to ensure people comply with the health orders and that public safety is the number one priority'.


Video: Two further positive COVID-19 cases identified in Victoria (ABC NEWS)

In the past 24 hours police have issued 162 Penalty Infringement Notices and charged 18 people.

Four other incidents of note occurred across Greater Sydney and regional NSW.

A Mt Druitt man left his home to buy dumbbells in Blacktown, after being informed her had tested positive to Covid-19 at about 10.30pm on July 16. He was fined $1000.

Two Central Coast men have been stopped on the New England highway, south of Guyra, being issued $1000 fines.

Exposure site identified in South Australia

  Exposure site identified in South Australia An exposure site has been identified in South Australia as the state readies to ease border restrictions with south-eastern Queensland, including Brisbane from Friday.

A woman who left Victoria with her partner during lockdown and travelled through NSW to Queensland has test "This is no fault of any of our residents, and if anyone becomes ill we need to look out for them and give them moral support." READ MORE: Interactive: Track the COVID - 19 vaccine rollout. Authorities across Queensland and NSW are collaborating to try to prevent a wider outbreak, with Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young admitting they were working off "very, very preliminary information".

NSW Health issued a COVID - 19 health alert for the Kmart in Fairfield. Kmart in Fairfield, the Better Health Pharmacy in Seven Hills and several services of the M91 bus in Bankstown are among new COVID - 19 exposure sites listed by NSW Health. Anyone who visited the Kmart in Fairfield Forum on July 11 between 4:00pm and 4:25pm is considered by NSW Health as a close contact and must get tested and isolate for 14 days.

Two 27-year-old males were spotted travelling on the Pacific highway in Doyalson, and were both fined $1000 as they do not live in the same household or have a reasonable excuse to leave their homes.

A 60-year-old man after some peace and quiet, travelled from Turramurra to Hawks Nest to sleep in his car. He was issued a $1000 fine and directed to return home.

This incident has happened in the midst of new restrictions announced by Premier Gladys Berejiklian on Saturday aimed to completely shut down the southwest Sydney epicenter of the outbreak.

Fairfield, Liverpool and Cantebury-Bankstown residents were to stay in their local councils.

Residents cannot even leave for work unless they work in heathcare and emergency services until July 30 at the earliest.

Only 'critical retail' such as supermarkets and pharmacies will be allowed to remain open from 11.59pm on Saturday. Others will have to do click and collect or takeaway.

Construction, large or small, will shut and homes and businesses cannot use paid cleaners or have home repairs done unless urgent.

Hungry Jacks and a Caltex added to Melbourne's list of exposure sites

  Hungry Jacks and a Caltex added to Melbourne's list of exposure sites Anyone who visited Caltex or Hungry Jack's in Kalkallo, north of the city, on July 8 between 9.07am and 10.06am is considered a Tier one contact.Anyone who visited Caltex or Hungry Jack's in Kalkallo, north of the city, on July 8 between 9.07am and 10.06am is considered a Tier one contact, and must get tested and isolate for 14 days.

There were no new rules for regional areas outside Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Wollongong, Shellharbour, and the Central Coast.

Everything else can offer click and collect services for goods ordered online or over the phone which customers can pick up or have delivered.

Ms Berejiklian previously insisted that it was not up to the government to determine was was 'essential', but has now backflipped.

The vast majority of the cases in the outbreak, more than 80 of Saturday's numbers, are in southwest Sydney.

Ms Berejiklian now wants to quarantine them, and their 810,000 residents from the rest of Sydney, even if they are essential workers.

Residents of Fairfield, Canterbury-Bankstown and Liverpool local council cannot leave their LGA for work except for emergency services and healthcare workers, including aged and disability workers.

Where those workers do need to leave for work, they are required to be tested every three days, even if they do not have symptoms.

Read more

NSW records fifth death from COVID-19 Delta outbreak, woman in her 50s found inside her home .
The mother of removalists who travelled from Sydney to Molong while infectious with the Delta strain has died inside her south-west Sydney home.New South Wales has recorded its fifth death from the COVID-19 Delta outbreak after a woman in her 50s was found dead inside her home in Green Valley in Sydney’s south west.

usr: 7
This is interesting!