•   
  •   

Australia Aussie mum and family at Concord West lose privacy, daylight and has scaffolding fixed to her home

05:51  06 october  2022
05:51  06 october  2022 Source:   dailymail.co.uk

Queen Margrethe of Denmark STRIPS four grandchildren of their titles

  Queen Margrethe of Denmark STRIPS four grandchildren of their titles Queen Margrethe of Denmark has insisted stripping four of her grandchildren of their royal titles will be 'good for them in the future', on an outing to the National Museum in Copenhagen.The monarch, 82, has removed prince and princess as well as 'His/Her Highness' titles from Nikolai, 23, Felix, 20, Henrik, 13, and Athena, 10, the children of her youngest son Prince Joachim.

An Australian mum is outraged and stunned by a huge house going up next door that will take her family's privacy and is already blocking out her daylight.

Livia, who didn't want her surname used, is upset by the sheer size and close proximity of the emerging building to her family's home next door at Concord west in Sydney.

In official plans the home looks like a two-storey duplex, but since construction commenced, somehow it appears to be far larger than her home which also has two levels.

Livia, who didn't want her surname used, is upset by how close the emerging building is, in Concord west in Sydney, to her family's home and by its size © Provided by Daily Mail Livia, who didn't want her surname used, is upset by how close the emerging building is, in Concord west in Sydney, to her family's home and by its size

People in Colane Street have also remarked it appears higher, wider and longer than anything else on the same road.

Phil Collins and his Genesis bandmates sell the rights to their music

  Phil Collins and his Genesis bandmates sell the rights to their music The band, who first found fame in the 1970s and have sold more than 100million records, bid their fans farewell earlier this year, when they played their final show. © Provided by Daily Mail Phil Collins, 71, and his Genesis bandmates have sold the rights to their music for a figure over over $300million in a deal with record company Concord In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Concord President Bob Valentine explained: 'In the world we live in today with Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, all these things that drive consumption of older music.

Before the rebuild, the home was a humble single-storey brick bungalow. But not any more.

The land was bought by a Chinese developer, who hired local company, Homme Certifiers, to approve the $1million plan, Nine reported.

Livia and neighbours have dubbed the sprawling building, surrounded by vast scaffolding, 'the Castle of Concord'.

The mum of two said the neighbouring house is already blocking out their natural light from mid-afternoon each day.

In official plans the home looks like a two-storey duplex, but since construction commenced, somehow it appears to be far larger than her home which also has two levels © Provided by Daily Mail In official plans the home looks like a two-storey duplex, but since construction commenced, somehow it appears to be far larger than her home which also has two levels Before the block was bought by a Chinese developer it was home to a humble single-storey brick bungalow. But not any more © Provided by Daily Mail Before the block was bought by a Chinese developer it was home to a humble single-storey brick bungalow. But not any more

When it is completed she says the neighbours will be able to see directly into her bathroom.

Victoria Beckham sends heartfelt message to Brooklyn and Nicola Peltz

  Victoria Beckham sends heartfelt message to Brooklyn and Nicola Peltz Victoria Beckham reached out to son Brooklyn Beckham and daughter-in-law Nicola Peltz with a heartfelt message after they squashed feud rumours earlier this week.The fashion designer, 48, took to Instagram on Sunday to share a picture of the couple alongside the message: 'I love you all so much', which Nicola went on to re-share.

Livia also pointed out the scaffolding for the construction in at least one place is resting on her house.

The local authorities responded by saying they had 'undertaken enforcement action' at the site but that the developer had rectified a 'compliance issue'.

That was believed to be the scaffolding crossing the property boundary.

She described the neighbouring property as 'the worst thing' to happen to her family.

The mum of two cannot understand how it was approved given that when she built a home in the quiet suburb 12 years ago there were stricter planning approvals.

She claimed when she built her family home, Canada Bay Council restricted everything from building height to setbacks (the open space required around a building) and even brick colour.

But she claims her neighbouring property didn't need council approval and instead only needed a certificate from a private certifier.

Aussie cleaning queen reveals hack to clean your toaster and kettle

  Aussie cleaning queen reveals hack to clean your toaster and kettle Cleaning 'queen' Mama Mila has shared her brilliant hack to deep clean a toaster and kettle in seconds using household items.The Melbourne-based mum-of-two uses household staples to get her kitchen appliances sparkling in seconds: a hairdryer and lemon.

Livia and other neighbours suspect what is being built may not comply with building codes.

Canada Bay Council issued a statement saying the developer addressed concerns raised and confirmed it was approved by a private contractor.

'Council has undertaken enforcement action at 12 Colane Street, Concord West following a complaint and the compliance issue has subsequently been addressed by the developer.

'The approval of the development at 12 Colane Street was issued by a private certifier via the State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) Low Rise Housing Diversity Code (SEPP).'

Daily Mail Australia approached Homme Certifiers for comment.

Read more

Keith Urban drops The Voice again to tour Australia .
Keith Urban put family first this Christmas as he opted to tour around Australia instead of filming the next season of The Voice. The country music star, 54, left the singing show to kick off the Down Under leg of The Speed Of Now World Tour based on the titular album he released in 2020. He told The Daily Telegraph on Friday he was trying to balance his schedule with wife Nicole Kidman so they could take their children to visit their grandparents and extended family for the holidays.

usr: 0
This is interesting!