•   
  •   

Australia Four prisoners to face serious assault charges over Tasmanian jail punch-up

14:31  05 july  2018
14:31  05 july  2018 Source:   abc.net.au

Former AFL player Shannon Grant pleads guilty to assaulting ex-partner

  Former AFL player Shannon Grant pleads guilty to assaulting ex-partner <p>Former AFL star Shannon Grant has been granted bail while he appeals a six-month jail sentence for assaulting his former partner.</p>The 41-year-old North Melbourne premiership player faced the Moorabbin Magistrates' Court and pleaded guilty to seven charges, including unlawful assault and recklessly causing injury.

A prison incident that landed five Hobart prison guards in hospital results in serious assault charges against four prisoners .

A prison incident that landed five Hobart prison guards in hospital results in serious assault charges against four prisoners .The prison 's tactical response group was called Cultural biases in tech aren't just limited to facial recognition -- they crop up in voice assistants as well. A second study

The prison's tactical response was called in to regain control. © Provided by ABC News The prison's tactical response was called in to regain control.

Four inmates have been charged over an incident at Hobart's Risdon Prison that hospitalised five guards, one with head injuries.

The prison's tactical response group was called in to regain control of the all-male maximum security section after the incident last month.

Police and forensic officers were also called to the prison.

Police and Justice confirmed at the time that five guards had been injured and taken to hospital for treatment.

Police said in a statement that two of the guards sustained only minor injuries.

Two 27-year-old inmates, a 21-year-old, and a 33-year-old were jointly charged on Thursday afternoon with assaulting a public officer and assault under the Criminal Code.

All four inmates will appear in the Hobart Magistrates Court at a later date.

Ukraine hunger-striker's mother urges Putin to free son .
The mother of Ukrainian director Oleg Sentsov, who has refused food for 60 days, has appealed to President Vladimir Putin to free her son as hopes faded that the Kremlin critic would get out of a Russian prison alive. Lyudmila Sentsova's letter to Putin was released on Friday, the day the hunger-striking Ukrainian activist and filmmaker turned 42 in a jail in the far north of Russia."I ask you, Vladimir Vladimirovich, to show mercy and grant pardon to Oleg Sentsov, do not destroy his life and that of his loved ones. We are waiting for him at home," she said in the letter dated June 22."He has already served four years.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!