•   
  •   

Entertainment Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, moved back to private hospital after 'successful' heart procedure

16:57  05 march  2021
16:57  05 march  2021 Source:   abc.net.au

Prince Philip hospitalized: his return to Elizabeth II postponed

 Prince Philip hospitalized: his return to Elizabeth II postponed © KCS Prince Philip hospitalized: his return to Elizabeth II postponed At each news about Prince Philip's health, the British people hold their breath. Last week the Duke of Edinburgh, 99, was admitted to hospital. He is still not out of it and the end of his stay is not planned for now. On June 10, Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, will celebrate his 100th birthday. But this event will only be celebrated if the Duke of Edinburgh's health permits.

Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh are posing for a picture: The Queen and Prince Philip had been isolating at Windsor Castle before the duke's illness. (Twitter: The Royal Family) © Provided by ABC NEWS The Queen and Prince Philip had been isolating at Windsor Castle before the duke's illness. (Twitter: The Royal Family)

Prince Philip has been moved back to the private King Edward VII hospital in London after undergoing a successful heart procedure earlier this week.

Buckingham Palace said the 99-year-old Duke of Edinburgh was transferred on Friday morning (local time) after being operated on at St Bartholomew's Hospital.

He is expected to remain in hospital for several more days.

"Following The Duke of Edinburgh's successful procedure at St Bartholomew's Hospital on Wednesday, His Royal Highness has been transferred to King Edward VII's Hospital this morning," the palace said in a statement.

Prince Philip summoned Prince Charles to hospital for frank conversation about the future of the royal family

  Prince Philip summoned Prince Charles to hospital for frank conversation about the future of the royal family As the Duke of Edinburgh approaches two weeks inside a London hospital, there are fresh claims about exactly why Prince Charles visited his father. The Prince of Wales spent around 30 minutes inside the King Edward VII's Hospital last week, days after the duke's admission. Prince Charles made the 320-kilometre round trip from Highgrove House in Gloucestershire to London to see Prince Philip who entered the hospital the previous Tuesday with an infection.

"The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for continuing treatment for a number of days."

Prince Philip was first admitted to King Edward VII hospital on the advice of the Royal doctor on February 16 after he had felt unwell for several days.

The palace later said he was received treatment for an infection, and that his illness was not related to COVID-19.

Last Monday he was transferred by ambulance to St Bartholomew's, or St Bart's as it is known, which has one of the UK's leading specialist cardiac centres.

The palace said Prince Philip was taken to St Bart's to "undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition".

Prince Philip has previously been treated for a blocked coronary artery just before Christmas in 2011.

Prince Philip Is Transferred to Another Hospital as Treatment Continues

  Prince Philip Is Transferred to Another Hospital as Treatment Continues The 99-year-old Duke of Edinburgh is expected to stay in the hospital 'until at least the end of the week,' the Palace says.The Palace noted that the husband of Queen Elizabeth II will continued to be treated for an infection in addition to undergoing testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition.

He and the Queen have been staying at Windsor Palace, just outside of London, during the pandemic, and both received their first COVID-19 vaccinations in early January.

The prince, who turns 100 in June, retired from public life in August 2017 but occasionally makes appearances at royal engagements.


Video: Prince Philip undergoes further treatment at King Edward VII hospital (Sky News Australia)

Why isn't Prince Harry and Meghan's son Archie a prince? Does it have anything to do with race? .
If Archie Mountbatten-Windsor grows up to bemoan his lack of princely status, he may have his great-great-great-grandfather to blame. A decree issued by King George V — the Queen's grandfather — in 1917 limits the titles of prince and princess to the children of the monarch, children of the monarch's sons and "the eldest living son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales".Bob Morris from the Constitution Unit at University College London said the rule was introduced to trim the increasingly unwieldy number of royal titles.

usr: 0
This is interesting!