Entertainment Prince Philip undergoes heart surgery for pre-existing condition
Prince Philip, 99, begins his second weekend in hospital
The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, was admitted to King Edward VII Hospital in London last Tuesday evening as a precautionary measure after feeling unwell.The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, was admitted to King Edward VII Hospital in London last Tuesday evening as a precautionary measure after feeling unwell, and walked into the building unaided.
has undergone a surgical procedure for a pre-existing heart condition, Buckingham Palace has confirmed.
In a statement, the palace said the Duke of Edinburgh's surgery, performed at London's St Bartholomew's Hospital on Wednesday, had been successful.
"His Royal Highness will remain in hospital for treatment, rest and recuperation for a number of days," the statement added.
The Queen's husband, 99, has been in hospital since February 16.
Prince Philip Is Transferred to Another Hospital as Treatment Continues
The 99-year-old Duke of Edinburgh is expected to stay in the hospital 'until at least the end of the week,' the Palace says.The Palace noted that the husband of Queen Elizabeth II will continued to be treated for an infection in addition to undergoing testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition.
He was originally admitted to King Edward VII Hospital as a "precautionary measure", the palace confirmed in a statement, and walked into the facility unaided.
Earlier this week he was, a facility specialising in cardiac care, located about five kilometres away, via ambulance.
A statement explained he would undergo "testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition" as well as an infection.
Video: Prince Philip recovering from procedure (Sky News Australia)
"The Duke remains comfortable and is responding to treatment but is expected to remain in hospital until at least the end of the week," it said.
Prince Philip: Duchess Camilla gives an update: "The treatment hurts"
Prince Philip (99) has been in the hospital for 16 days, shielded from the public, is not allowed to receive any visitors. Only his son Prince Charles (72) was allowed to visit him for a short time at his father's request. When the palace announced a few days ago that the husband of Queen Elizabeth (94) is now being transferred to the St. Bartholomew's Hospital because of his persistent infection and a previous heart disease , the rate rose Concern for the 99-year-old again.
on February 20, travelling to London from his home in Gloucestershire.
Prince Philip has, including a blocked coronary artery in 2011 after which he had a stent fitted.
He also had bladder infection in 2012 and exploratory surgery on his abdomen in June 2013.
This current hospital stint has been his longest; he spent 11 days in hospital in 2013.
Since retiring from public life in 2017, Philip has made few public appearances.
He has spent most of the COVID-19 pandemic in isolation with Queen Elizabeth at Windsor Castle, making a special official appearance in July 2020 for a virtual handing-over of his role as Colonel-in-Chief of The Rifles.
The duke also attended the wedding of his granddaughter Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in Windsor that same month, along with Her Majesty.
Kevin Bacon was 'cocky' to think he could give wife bikini wax .
Kevin Bacon thought he could successfully give his wife a bikini wax because he can build flat-pack furniture and is used to picking up new skills as an actor.The 'City on a Hill' actor's spouse, Kyra Sedgwick, previously told how she enlisted the 62-year-old star to help with her grooming because beauty salons are currently closed due to the coronavirus pandemic and he admitted he felt "cocky enough" to be sure he'd do a good job.