Entertainment Italy: an alleged author of the deadly bombing of Bologna in 1980 before the justice
Alleged rape by doctor detailed in child's letter, as Launceston hospital's response under spotlight
A doctor accused of raping an 11-year-old girl in Tasmania is banned from treating female patients after an interstate medical board receives a separate complaint.The doctor is still registered to work but is not allowed to treat girls or women except in an emergency, after he was deemed an "unacceptable risk" to their safety.
The attack had made 85 dead and 200 woundedtrials - the attack had made 85 dead and 200 wounded
an alleged executor ofof the station of , who had made 85 dead in 1980, appeared on Friday at the opening of his , more than 40 years after the tragedy attributed to the extreme right .
The bloodiest bombing of the years of lead in Italy had occurred at 10:25 August 2, 1980, in the crowded waiting room of the second classes, blown by the explosion of a trapped suitcase.Two hundred wounded
"I feel like Sacco and Vanzetti," said Paolo Bellini when she arrived at the Bologna court, with reference to the anarchists of Italian origin Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti executed in 1927 in the United States and rehabilitated a half a century later.
Deadly virus is found in bats in South Australia
SA Health released a statement on Thursday urging locals heading outdoors to avoid any contact with bats. Dr Louise Flood, the Department for Health and Wellbeing's Communicable Disease Control Branch, said this is the third time Australian Bat Lyssavirus (ABL) had been confirmed in bats in South Australia.'ABL is a rabies-like disease that can be transmitted to humans if they are bitten or scratched by an infected bat and if treatment is delayed until after the onset of symptoms, the condition is invariably fatal,' Dr Flood said.
The Mayor of Bologna, Virginio Merola, and relatives of victims (the attack made 200 wounded) were also present at the opening of the hearing, according to the Italian agencies. "This massacre, which was intended to sabotage Italian democracy, hit the victims, the city and Italy as a whole," said a civil parties lawyer, Andrea Speranzoni, cited by the Ansa Agency.Ancient neo-fascite activist
Four members of the revolutionary armed nucleus neo-fascist (NAR) have been sentenced to perpetuity as executives of the bombing: Valerio Fioravanti, Francesca Mambro and Gilberto Cavallini in perpetuity, Luigi Ciavardini , minor at the time of the facts, at 30 years in prison.
questioned four decades after the facts by the magistrates now in charge of this tentacular file, Paolo Bellini is a former activist of the neo-fascist organization Avanguardia Nazionale and killer Repenti of 'Ndrangheta, the Calabraise mafia. According to the Prosecution, a photo including the place in Bologna in the morning of the attack - which his defense rejects - and his wife provided a false alibi.
Who is Biden's ATF nominee, David Chipman?
President Biden is nominating David Chipman, a former federal agent and adviser at the gun control group Giffords, to be director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the commander-in-chief announced Thursday. Chipman would replace ATF acting director Regina Lombardo. During his time as a senior policy adviser with Giffords, he spent considerable effort pushing for greater regulation and enforcement on ghost guns, changes to the background check system and measures to reduce the trafficking of illegal firearms. Chipman spent 25 years as an agent at the ATF.
Red terrorism and black
Several other defendants, including members of the Italian military intelligence services, have been sentenced to lighter sentences, from seven to 10 years in prison, for obstruction of justice, having slowed down the search for the truth . The families of the victims and many Italians believe that the convicts are only performers and that the true sponsors remain unknown and unpunished.
Italy experienced an outbreak of violence that made hundreds of victims. In addition to the Mafieux murders and the crapful kidnappings, the extreme left and extreme right radical groups multiplied the targeted attacks and assassinations. Faced with "red terrorism", "black terrorism" followed a "strategy of tension" intended to promote the emergence of an authoritarian political regime.
South Africa is putting profit before Yemeni lives .
The South African state has abandoned its commitment to human rights to profit from weapons deals. In so doing, it has become complicit in war crimes in Yemen. © The raids came after Houthi rebels stepped up attacks against targets inside Saudi Arabia in recent ... Smoke billows from the site of Saudi Arabia-led air attacks in Sanaa, Yemen March 7, 2021 [File: Khaled Abdullah/Reuters] Since 2015, Yemen has been the epicentre of a complex and regionalised civil war.