Entertainment Strictly's Craig Revel Horwood reveals Anton Du Beke will return
Craig Revel Horwood delighted with Anton Du Beke on Strictly
Craig Revel Horwood has revealed he hopes Anton Du Beke will return as a judge on next year's Strictly Come Dancing - replacing show stalwart Bruno Tonioli. Twinkle-toed star Anton, 55, who was previously a professional dancer on the programme, appeared as a panellist in the 2020 and 2021 series after pandemic travel restrictions prevented Bruno, 66, from flying back from the US. And Craig, 57, is ecstatic Anton was made a permanent judge last year, telling Thursday's edition of The Sun he hopes to see him return: 'I am so pleased now that he is a judge, finally.
has confirmed that will return as a judge on next year's - replacing show stalwart .
Twinkle-toed star Anton, 55, who was previously a professional dancer on the programme, appeared as a panellist in the 2020 and 2021 series after pandemic travel restrictions prevented Bruno, 66, from flying back from the US.
Speaking at his All Balls and Glitter UK tour, Craig, 57, revealed bosses had told the judges that the ballroom dancer, would be waltzing back to the panel this autumn.
He told: 'I really love Anton. I think he is fantastic. I think last year he did a great job on Strictly as a judge.
Craig Conover on Finding Himself and Finding Love With Paige DeSorbo (Exclusive)
The 'Southern Charm' star unpacks his life's lessons in his new book, 'Pillow Talk: What's Wrong With My Sewing?'"This entire process was staring in the mirror for a year and really looking at myself," the Southern Charm star shares with ET ahead of the release of his memoir, Pillow Talk: What's Wrong With My Sewing? (named after a pretty iconic comeback Craig issued in season 5 of the show).
'And we have just found out he is going to do it again this year.'
Craig, went on to tell the audience that he did miss his co-star Bruno, who had been on the Strictly panel since the show launched in 2004.
The choreographer said they remain to be 'great mates' after working side by side for 16 years together.
He went on to reveal that while he did miss the Italian's energy - Bruno actually struggled to deal with his dramatic performance.
He said: 'He always used to come off and say, ''Darling, I am exhausted.''
Is Anton's absence on the Strictly list of dancers bad news for Bruno?
He delighted audiences by temporarily joining the Strictly Come Dancing judging panel last year. Now the show's longest-serving pro Anton Du Beke could be set to waltz into the position permanently. The BBC confirmed on Thursday the list of pros returning for the 2022 series – but Du Beke's name was not on it. © Provided by Daily Mail Claims: Strictly Come Dancing's longest-serving professional dancer Anton Du Beke could be set to waltz into a permanent position on the judging panel Anton, 55, has not announced plans to depart, prompting speculation he may become a permanent judge.
'And I used to say, ''Well, you created this character darling.'' I will just sit there. My job is easy.
Video: Coronation Street: Sally Webster returns after DOI (Mirror)
MailOnline has contacted representatives for Strictly for comment.
Craig previously branded Anton a 'great addition' to the Strictly judging panel as the pair admitted that they love playing 'Good Cop, Bad Cop' on the show.
'Particularly with celebs that haven't been 'gifted', he's had to manoeuvre them around that dancefloor – and he's been with great dancers, where he could show off his talents!
Craig Revel Horwood lets slip Anton du Beke will return as Strictly judge
Anton du Beke will return as a judge on the next series of 'Strictly Come Dancing'.The show's professional dancer stood in for Bruno Tonioli on the panel last year, as the lockdown made it difficult for him to fly back and forth between the UK and US, where he was filming ‘Dancing with the Stars’.
The stalwart judge cheered: 'long may it continue' of Anton being on the panel, after it was revealed that BBC bosses were split in December over whether to dump the newcomer and bring back Bruno in 2022.
Speaking to Best magazine, Craig said: 'Anton's a great addition, he knows the process of working with celebrities inside-out, he's been there.
'Armed with all that information, he's showing great empathy for the celebs – he's more lenient than me. And he's funny. Long may it continue, he's a good egg, Anton.
'We're topping and tailing the ladies on the panel, poor things – except we're about five metres apart, plus there are Perspex screens! We have to lean forward to chat to each other, but that just adds to the fun.
'You can say, 'Sorry, Anton, I didn't hear a word you said, darling...' We do love to play Good Cop, Bad Cop.'
Earlier this week speculation was rife that Anton would be returning to the judging panel, after he was noticeably absent from the show's professional lineup when it was unveiled by show bosses.
Dianne Buswell teases judging gig on Australia's Strictly Come Dancing
The 32-year-old has teased her return to Australia's Strictly Come Dancing - this time as a judge - but was quick to assure she 'definitely' won't be as harsh as Craig Revel-Horwood. The ballroom professional, 32, also gushed that she's been 'inspired' by the career of her 'absolutely incredible' former co-star Oti Mabuse, who recently joined the ITV Dancing On Ice panel after seven series on the BBC rival programme.
It was previously claimed sources at the BBC said that Bruno's decision to choose the role in the States, which is understood to pay him in the region of £800,000 rather than the £250,000 he was getting for his Strictly duties, means that some chiefs think their loyalty should lie with Du Beke.
They also fear that Anton might quit the show, which he has appeared on as a professional dancer since its inception, if he is axed from the judging panel.
Bruno, who was on the Strictly panel since the show launched in 2004, was a judge on the show's tour alongside Craig Revel Horwood and head judge Shirley Ballas which took place earlier this year.
Some suggested that the move could be a 'sweetener' for Bruno so they don't have to invite him back and ditch Du Beke, but others think it is a way of lining up his return.
Dianne Buswell breaks her silence on Oti and Aljaž quitting Strictly .
Speaking to Lorraine's Christine Lampard, the professional dancer, 32, explained that while it was 'really sad' to see the two dancers go, they would still 'see everyone'.Speaking to stand-in Lorraine presenter Christine Lampard on Tuesday's show, the professional dancer, 32, explained that while it was 'really sad' to see the two dancers go, they would still 'see everyone'.