•   
  •   

OffbeatKellogg's has invented a new beer made from rejected Corn Flakes

09:05  06 december  2018
09:05  06 december  2018 Source:   inews.co.uk

Dave Sharma is endorsed as Liberal candidate for Wentworth despite being overwhelmingly rejected in a disastrous by-election just weeks ago

Dave Sharma is endorsed as Liberal candidate for Wentworth despite being overwhelmingly rejected in a disastrous by-election just weeks ago Dave Sharma has been unanimously endorsed as the Liberal Party candidate for Wentworth, despite his overwhelming rejection in the 2018 by-election. 

“ Kellogg ’ s is working hard to eliminate food waste in our manufacturing processes and give our consumers the wholesome products they love with “ Kellogg recognises that it has an important role to play in reducing food waste, and that includes finding uses for edible food that doesn’t make it into

Kellogg was an early proponent of the new germ theory of disease, and well ahead of his time in Will Kellogg was tasked with figuring out what had happened, and recreating the process reliably. Toasties Double-Crisp Corn Flakes , and marketing it as a direct competitor to Kellogg ' s Corn Flakes

Kellogg's has invented a new beer made from rejected Corn Flakes© Provided by Johnston Publishing Ltd

Consumers looking to enjoy a pint and save the environment at the same time might be in luck.

The cereal giant Kellogg's is capitalising on an increasing concern for environmentally responsible food and drink by launching a new beer - made out of waste Corn Flakes.

‘Throw Away IPA’, made by Seven Bro7hers Brewery in Salford, uses flakes that are too large, small or overcooked to be included in cereal boxes, and upcycles them to make up a proportion of wheat grain used for beer.

Golden beer

The waste cereal was previously turned into animal feed, but will now make up 30 per cent of the beer’s grain content, with the remaining 70 per cent wheat.

Emile Ratelband's attempt to slash 20 years off his age rejected by court

Emile Ratelband's attempt to slash 20 years off his age rejected by court A Dutch motivational speaker who is trying to legally change his age had his case rejected by a court. He said he was the first of "thousands" of people who wanted to change their age and many of them had been in touch with him since the case gained worldwide attention. The main reason Mr Ratelband's case was rejected was that a person's age gives them certain rights and duties, such as the ability to vote, Arnhem District Court found. "Mr Ratelband is at liberty to feel 20 years younger than his real age and to act accordingly," the court said in a statement.

Corn flakes , or cornflakes , is a breakfast cereal made by toasting flakes of corn (maize). The cereal was created by John Harvey Kellogg in 1894 as a food that he thought would be healthy for the

Cereal. Corn Flakes . Kellogg ’ s ® has worked with more than 300,000 farmers across the globe to protect the planet and boost livelihoods.

The beer is said to be sweeter than a usual IPA and it retains the golden colour of the cereal it's made from.

Kellogg's has invented a new beer made from rejected Corn Flakes© Provided by Johnston Publishing Ltd

The cereal is perfectly safe to eat and 10p from each can is also being donated to food poverty charity FairShare.

Corporate social responsibility manager for Kellogg’s UK, Kate Prince, said: “Kellogg’s is working hard to eliminate food waste in our manufacturing processes and give our consumers the wholesome products they love with minimum impact on the planet. Our approach has delivered a 12.5 per cent reduction on food waste in our UK sites this year.”

Experimental beers

Alison Watson, from Seven Bro7hers Brewery in Salford, said: "Seven Brothers Brewery is delighted to be working with Kellogg’s on a project which uses edible but not-sellable cereal.

“Kellogg's recognises that it has an important role to play in reducing food waste, and that includes finding uses for edible food that doesn’t make it into the cereal box. The cereal is perfectly safe to eat but the flakes might be too big, too small or broken so not good enough for your packs.

“We plan to create three beers including a Hoppy IPA which will be launched this month and sold in our Ancoats bar and the Dockyard, MediaCityUK.”

Russia to build Moon colony by 2040: NASA says hold my beer.
Russia's federal space agency intends to establish a lunar colony by the year 2040. 

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!