Sport: Manly coach Des Hasler asked NRL for permission to pick banned Dylan Walker - PressFrom - Australia
  •   
  •   

SportManly coach Des Hasler asked NRL for permission to pick banned Dylan Walker

22:21  14 march  2019
22:21  14 march  2019 Source:   sportingnews.com

Swimming instructor charged with child sexual abuse at a Mosman pool

Swimming instructor charged with child sexual abuse at a Mosman pool The 20-year-old man allegedly sexually abused two young swimming students in February.

Manly coach Des Hasler has called on the NRL to apply 'common sense' to their upcoming decision on whether to allow star centre Dylan Walker to immediately Asked if he is hopeful Walker , who has missed the first nine games of the season after he was banned under the NRL 's controversial no-fault

Dylan Walker will continue his comeback to the NRL against Gold Coast at Lottoland on Friday night. Walker did the interview with Hasler ’s blessing in an attempt to put a full stop on the episode, but Walker ’s next challenge is to win over the coach as he reaches the final stages of a lucrative

Video provided by Wide World of Sports

Des Hasler this week picked up the phone and audaciously asked the NRL for permission to pick banned centre Dylan Walker in Manly’s squad for Saturday’s Round 1 clash against the Wests Tigers, according to reports.

Walker, who is due to reappear in court on May 10 on a domestic violence charge, is suspended under the NRL’s new No Fault Stand Down policy.

But Hasler, who is known for his scheming behind the scenes in order to gain an advantage for his team, tried his luck with the governing body this week.

Manly forward Frank Winterstein released to join Panthers immediately

Manly forward Frank Winterstein released to join Panthers immediately "That's rugby league."

Manly coach Des Hasler has declared suspended centre Dylan Walker fit and raring to play if the NRL 's no-fault stand-down rule is delegitimised by the Federal Court. Stood-down St George Illawarra forward Jack de Belin has challenged the NRL 's controversial policy and a decision from Justice

Manly NRL star Dylan Walker has been stood down from training after being charged with assault following an alleged domestic violence The Sea Eagles centre was driven away from Manly Police Station by coach Des Hasler after being granted bail to appear at Manly Local Court on Tuesday.

Manly coach Des Hasler asked NRL for permission to pick banned Dylan Walker© Getty Images As first reported by News Limited journalist and Sporting News contributor Brent Read, Hasler was banking on St George Illawarra star Jack de Belin successfully challenging the NRL’s new policy in court on Thursday and wanted to be prepared by naming Walker.

“Manly contacted the NRL this week about using the exemption that the NRL talked about for Dylan Walker not being available (and) using that money to sign another player,” Read told Triple M.

“Des asked the question this week about naming Dylan Walker and the NRL obviously said, ‘Des, you can’t name him champ, he’s been stood down’."

De Belin, who is also banned indefinitely as he faces a sexual assault charge, postponed his legal challenge of the NRL’s new rule until April 16.

Minority of players tainting entire NRL, says Wests Tigers back Mahe Fonua

Minority of players tainting entire NRL, says Wests Tigers back Mahe Fonua "Those five or six people have just labelled us all at the moment." Speaking on League Life on Wednesday night, NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said the littany of off-field controversies have "done enormous damage to the game." The NRL has been putting out fires since before Christmas, with Jack de Belin, Dylan Walker, Tyrone May and Dylan Napa all creating headlines for all the wrong reasons. Fonua, who joined the Tigers last year after two seasons in the Super League, is acutely aware of the image the game has in the public, but says there are far more positive stories than negative ones.

Manly coach Des Hasler asked NRL for permission to pick banned Dylan Walker . It never hurts to ask , Des. — Share news in the SOC. NRL : Dragons could play Jack de Belin next week if ban | Stuff.co.nz. READ MORE: * Court case could cost de Belin his annual salary * De Belin vows to clear

Manly NRL player Dylan Walker , 24, has had his suspension lifted after he was found not guilty of assaulting his fiancee, Alexandra Ivkovic, 24. Manly coach Des Hasler has refused to take aim at the NRL over their 'no fault' policy after Walker was found not guilty of domestic violence charges.

Meanwhile, Read revealed the Sea Eagles are strongly considering requesting a salary-cap exemption to sign a player short-term during Walker’s indefinite absence.

“Manly are going to make a decision, probably in the next 48 hours to whether they look for an exemption around that salary cap to sign another player in place of Dylan Walker,” he said.

“And as I understand it the way it will work is if Dylan Walker is out for two months, which he probably will be at this stage, the NRL will basically say if he’s out for two months, that’s a sixth of the year, so you can have a sixth of his contract to sign someone else.

“So if Dylan Walker’s on $600,000 roughly I think, they would get $100,000 to go and sign another player.”

Tom Trbojevic a ‘strong chance’ to return for struggling Manly next week, Des Hasler says.
Trbojevic suffered a hamstring injury in the pre-season and was originally slated to return in Round 4.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 1
This is interesting!