•   
  •   

Sport England beats New Zealand by 76 runs in 4th T20

11:00  08 november  2019
11:00  08 november  2019 Source:   msn.com

Foran can find best form again: Maguire

Foran can find best form again: Maguire Recalled New Zealand playmaker Kieran Foran can find the form that made him one of the best playmakers in the game, according to coach Michael Maguire.New Zealand coach Michael Maguire is adamant recalled veteran Kieran Foran can regain the form that made him one of the best playmakers in the game.

Colin de Grandhomme hit a half-century from 27 balls and New Zealand turned in an outstanding defensive bowling performance to beat England by 14 runs in the third Twenty20 international Tuesday and take a 2-1 lead in the five-match series.

England 241-3; New Zealand 165 all out; England win by 76 runs . But on an experimental tour possibly offering just one batsman the chance to join the big guns once England begin picking their strongest T 20 squad next year, Malan’s raid of nine fours and six sixes represented a huge leap for

Colin Munro© Getty Images Colin Munro Dawid Malan struck a maiden century from 48 balls in a record 182-run partnership with Eion Morgan which propelled England to a 76-run win over New Zealand in the fourth Twenty20 cricket international Friday which leveled the five-match series at 2-2.

Malan's unbeaten century was the fastest by an England batsman in a T20 international, beating by 12 balls Alex Hales' record of 60 deliveries and lifting England to 241-3, its highest score in the 20-over format.

New Zealand, never in the match, was dismissed for 165 in the 17th over.

Morgan was out in the last over for 91, ending a 182-run partnership which was the highest by an England pair in T20s and the fourth highest of all-time.

We need to choose our battles to win the final war, says Underhill

We need to choose our battles to win the final war, says Underhill We need to choose our battles to win the final war, says UnderhillThe way South Africa have approached most of their recent games follows a familiar pattern -- a huge pack creating a safe space for scrumhalf Faf de Klerk to slowly deliver endless up-and-unders for his team mates to chase.

Dawid Malan hit the fastest T 20 century by an England batsman as the tourists crushed New Zealand by 76 runs in Napier to level the five-match series with one game In a brutal display, Malan reached three figures from just 48 balls, hitting a ragged New Zealand attack for nine fours and six sixes .

New Zealand managed just 165 all out as England swept to a 76 - run victory. The series is square at 2-2 with the final match in Auckland on Sunday. Malan, who is leaving Middlesex for Yorkshire, is enjoying a golden tour and now has six half-centuries in nine T 20 career internationals for England .

Malan finished 103 not out, extending his extraordinary record in Twenty20 internationals. The left-hander now has a century and five half centuries from nine innings and a batting average of 57.25.

Malan said Morgan launched the England batting attack "and I sort of jumped in his slipstream and tagged along a little bit.

"I got to about 80 and I thought these boundaries are so small I may as well have a crack. (Morgan) played fantastically well. The intent he showed from ball one took the pressure off me especially early on in my innings."

Tom Banton gave England a brisk beginning, hitting 31 from 20 balls after the Blakc Caps' stand-in captain, Tim Southee, made the inexplicable decision to bowl on winning the toss on the best batting wicket in New Zealand.

New Zealand beat sloppy England

New Zealand beat sloppy England ​​​​​​​New Zealand beat a sloppy England by 21 runs in the second T20I to draw level in the five-match series. England dropped a glut of catches in the field - James Vince the guilty party on three occasions - as New Zealand posted 176-8 in Wellington on the day Saqib Mahmood debuted for the tourists.Eoin Morgan's side then lost Jonny Bairstow (0) to the first ball of the chase and proceeded to ship regular wickets as they were rolled for 155 in 19.5 overs, despite cameos from Morgan (32 off 17), Dawid Malan (39 off 29) and Chris Jordan (36 off 19).

England beats New Zealand by 2 runs in tri-series T 20 ---SUBSCRIBE our channel to get the best news

After facing some late pressure from the England batsmen, he returned to claim the crucial wicket of Vince in the 15th over to turn the tide of the match in New Zealand 's favor. Tickner finished with 2-25 from his four overs while paceman Lockie Ferguson also took 2-25. Malan batted superbly to score

Malan came to the crease after the dismissal of Jonny Bairstow (8) in the fourth over and immediately took control.

He reached his half century from 31 balls, just ahead of Morgan who posted his 11th T20 50 from only 21 deliveries. But Malan was the inexorable force behind the partnership. He went on to post a second half century from only 17 deliveries and to reach a century which included nine fours and six sixes.

Malan and Morgan imposed themselves on the game first when they score 76 runs in five overs — from the 10th to the 14th overs — achieving an almost unstoppable momentum. They then helped England add 85 in the last five overs against a poor New Zealand attack. Only left-arm spinner Mitchell Santner, who took 2-32, emerged with any credit.

Martin Guptill and Colin Munro gave New Zealand's run chase early pace, raising a half century partnership in only 4.1 overs. But Guptill, having reached 27 from 14 balls, thrashed a delivery from Tom Curran into the leg side and found the only man within 50 meters — Malan.

Tim Seifert (3), Colin Munro (30), Colin de Grandhomme (7) and Daryl Mitchell (2) quickly followed, taking with them any hope of a New Zealand win which would have clinched the series. Spinner Matt Parkinson removed Munro, de Grandhomme and Parkinson to defuse the threat of New Zealand's big hitters and finish with 4-47.

There was no discipline in the New Zealand run chase and when Ross Taylor was out for 14 at 89-6 in the 10th over it was at an end. Southee was the top scorer with 39.

The final match of the series is at Auckland on Sunday.

Denly: I thought my tour was over .
England batsman Joe Denly has admitted he feared his tour of New Zealand was over after injuring his ankle ahead of the T20Is.Denly missed the five-match series in the shortest format, which England won 3-2, with ligament damage but returned to the side for the second Test-match warm-up and scored 68 against New Zealand A.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 0
This is interesting!