Sport 'I have a decision to make': Bogut weighs up future after back injury
Bogut hits out at NRL grassroots changes
Boomers star Andrew Bogut says children will be the ones to suffer if the NRL's proposed changes to grassroots football come into effect. Australian basketballer Andrew Bogut has hit out at the NRL's proposed changes to grassroots football.The NRL has motivated changes including a ban on tackling until under-eight level, and the eradication of finals until the under-13 age group. require(["inlineoutstreamAd", "c.
Sydney Kings star Andrew Bogut has declared his basketball future is "up in the air" after struggling with a back injury in recent weeks, with the 35-year-old concerned his decorated career may be nearing an end.
Despite continued interest from the NBA, Bogut said he was seriously considering whether or not to have another stint in the United States. With his Kings contract expiring at the end of this season the upcoming NBL finals series could potentially also be his swansong in the Australian competition.
"There are only have a few [NBA] teams that I would probably look at more seriously out of the others," Bogut said. "It definitely will be a decision made on my body."
Kings make history and claim minor premiership with win over Hawks
Will Weaver's ladder leaders took advantage of the return of long-term casualties to become the first team in NBL history to lead the entire season.The ladder leaders took advantage of the return of some long-term casualties to dominate their local rivals and become the first team in NBL history to lead for an entire season.
The former NBA No.1 draft pick is at the pointy end of his second season with the Kings, having arrived in Sydney an NBA championship winner after triumphing with the Golden State Warriors in 2015.
Last year, Bogut joined the Warriors at the end of the NBL campaign for the remainder of the NBA season.
The Kings agreed to that on the condition that he return to honour the second year of his two-year contract. Whether he heads stateside again is unclear.
"It's just one of those things ... I'm 35 years old with a lot of basketball under my belt," Bogut said. "I've got to be smart with my body and there's some days where you can't train as hard as some of the younger fellows."
Boufal limps off with injury in Southampton defeat to Burnley
The Morocco international was replaced in the first-half of Saturday's encounter after picking up an injury at St Mary's StadiumRalph Hasenhuttl was forced to make an early change in the 39th minute after the 29-year-old, who was making his 17th Premier League appearance of the season, suffered a knock.
As well as the NBL playoffs which start next week, Bogut is also preparing to play a vital role for the Boomers in the Olympics.
"Once things slow down, after the Olympics, I have a decision to make," he said. "It's just being smart and that's why the decision about going back to the NBA will be part of it. I want to be healthy for Tokyo."
Bogut made his return to the court after three games off with the Kings, resting his back ahead of the finals. The Kings, who led the table for the entire season, are the favourites to take out the league.
"Those first three games were the first three games of my NBL career that I've missed," Bogut said. "I don't like it, I'm pretty grumpy so I always try to rehab and do the extra stuff I can to try and get back on the court."
The Kings will take on Melbourne United next Saturday in the first match of their three-game series, with the Sydney side claiming a home advantage as a result of their ladder position.
"I felt a little bit rusty [last week] with a few stupid turnovers but I just wanted to make sure I got through that week and played the game just to get any rust off," Bogut said. "If we consistently play at our average or above level, I think we've got a great chance of winning it.
"If we go rollercoaster and have bad spurts in quarters or even games, that's when we struggle a little bit."
The Kings claimed the 2020 minor premiership after beating the Illawarra Hawks 98-82 at Qudos Bank Arena in their last regular season encounter.
Champ nervous about Supercars' future .
Dual Supercars champion Scott McLaughlin admits he's nervous about the championship's future after General Motors' decision to scrap the Holden brand.General Motors decision to retire the Holden brand by 2021 threw the Supercars' paddock into chaos last week before the season-opening Adelaide 500.
#46 with Javier Mendez - Real Quick With Mike Swick Podcast
Founder of AKA, Javier Mendez, has a great chat with Mike and Marc about his recent trip to Dagestan, Khabib's upcoming fight, updates on the AKA fight team, ...