•   
  •   

Sport RA forced to suspend media rights talks

10:50  17 march  2020
10:50  17 march  2020 Source:   wwos.nine.com.au

Afghans Agree to Release Taliban Prisoners to Advance Talks

  Afghans Agree to Release Taliban Prisoners to Advance Talks The Afghan government agreed late Tuesday to release 1,500 Taliban prisoners as a gesture of goodwill before starting talks with the insurgent group, putting the commitment in the form of a decree, a spokesman said. The U.S. signed a deal with the Taliban last month to withdraw all troops within 14 months on the condition the group commit to breaking ties with terrorists and starting talks with the Afghan government and other parties.The U.S.-Taliban deal also stipulates that the Afghan government, which isn’t a signatory, must release up to 5,000 prisoners as part of a swap in order for talks to begin.

Russia has suspended the plutonium management and disposition agreement (PMDA) with the United States. There was considerable hope the role of crude force in politics would decline, international tension would lessen and the practice of politically motivated sanctions would become history.

Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have called on the United Nations General Assembly to “immediately suspend ” Saudi Arabia from the His words were echoed by Richard Bennett, Head of Amnesty International’s UN Office, who said that “the credibility of the UN Human Rights Council is at

a close up of Raelene Castle: Rugby Australia CEO Raelene Castle. © Getty Rugby Australia CEO Raelene Castle. Rugby Australia CEO Raelene Castle has postponed talks over the code's next media rights deal and suspended the Super W finals amid the COVID-19 outbreak.

Speaking to reporters in Sydney on Tuesday, Castle admitted there would be some financial "bumps in the road for rugby" but reassured fans the game would emerge "bigger and stronger" in the face of the pandemic.

She also confirmed that SANZAAR was examining the possibility of holding domestic competitions as Super Rugby goes on hold during the global health crisis.

Pictures: Sports world hit with cancellations as coronavirus continues to spread

Japan says Olympics on track despite Trump's suggestion to postpone

  Japan says Olympics on track despite Trump's suggestion to postpone Japan says Olympics on track despite Trump's suggestion to postponeSuga did not confirm or deny whether Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe discussed Trump's comments in a phone call earlier on Friday. The two leaders spoke for about 50 minutes about the coronavirus pandemic, among other topics, Suga said.

The United States is close to suspending talks with Russia on a ceasefire in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Recapturing Aleppo would be the biggest victory of the war for government forces , and a potential turning point in a conflict that until now medium -browser-and-portrait-tablet.

ABC news has suspended veteran correspondent David Wright, after he admitted to an undercover cameraman that “fake news abounds” at the network, and “David Wright has been suspended , and to avoid any possible appearance of bias, he will be reassigned away from political coverage when he

A view of an empty Nippert Stadium following the suspension of the Major League Soccer regular season due to COVID-19 concerns. FC Cincinnati was set for the home opener against DC United on March 14, 2020.

Castle added there was no official time at which Super Rugby would need to continue and that professional players would continue to be paid.

The Wallabies July Test series against Ireland and Fiji are still up in the air while RA have also called off plans to hold the Super W finals this month.

The Reds v Brumbies match will now be held in late May as Super Rugby teams continue to train with hopes of resuming play in a few weeks.

Castle said she was still awaiting the outcome of tests relating to members of the Australian men's sevens team who displayed flu-like symptoms. RA's offices were closed for cleaning as a result.

Gang storms Melbourne home in 'targeted attack' .
A group of up to 20 youths have a stormed a residence in Melbourne's west, smashing up two cars in a violent home invasion. The gang forced their way into the Wyndham Vale property at Munroe Drive about 9pm yesterday.Police have since charged a 21-year-old man with weapons offences and resisting police.Another man arrested at the time has been released and is expected to be charged on summons in relation to the incident.Sergeant Julie-Anne Newman said police believed it was a "targeted attack" due to a number of "ongoing issues" between two groups of people.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!