•   
  •   

Sport Shorter quarters suit Magpies: Buckley

21:52  20 march  2020
21:52  20 march  2020 Source:   msn.com

ASX plunges $155 billion as top economist forecasts Aussie recession

  ASX plunges $155 billion as top economist forecasts Aussie recession The Australian stock market has dropped more than six per cent in a single day, wiping more than $155 billion and recording the biggest one-day fall scene 2008.At the close of market the benchmark S&P/ASX 200 was down 455.6 points or 7.33 per cent, marking the end of a "horror" session not seen for almost 12 years.

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 18: Nathan Buckley, Senior Coach of the Magpies speaks to the media during the Collingwood Magpies training session at Olympic Park Oval on March 18, 2020 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Dylan Burns/AFL Photos via Getty Images) © 2020 AFL Photos MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 18: Nathan Buckley, Senior Coach of the Magpies speaks to the media during the Collingwood Magpies training session at Olympic Park Oval on March 18, 2020 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Dylan Burns/AFL Photos via Getty Images) Nathan Buckley believes the shortening of quarters in the AFL this season has already increased the importance of winning stoppages and contested ball.

Furthermore, he thinks that plays perfectly into his side's hands.

On first evidence, there can be little argument.

The Magpies outmuscled and outworked a Western Bulldogs outfit renowned for its contested game in a 52-point win at Marvel Stadium on Friday night.

Ancient Shell Has Revealed Exactly How Much Shorter Days Were 70 Million Years Ago

  Ancient Shell Has Revealed Exactly How Much Shorter Days Were 70 Million Years Ago A chunk of rock that had been buried in the ground for millions of years has become a new clock for understanding Earth's rotation.In turn, knowing this can now help scientists to more accurately piece together the rate at which the Moon is slowly moving away from our planet.

The 13.8 (86) to 5.4 (34) rout saw the Pies dominate contested possession (123-93) and win the clearance battle (34-21).

"We like contested footy and we know we came up against a side that likes contested ball as well," Buckley said.

"Plus-30 is a great result in a shortened game against a side that we rate (highly) in that particular area.

"That was the most dominant performance that we've put in against a Bulldogs side in the last three or four years and they've been a pretty good side in that time.

"So, yeah, I think the game looks like it's more focused on stoppage and that initial phase out of the contest and we think that suits us."

Quarters have been reduced to 16 minutes plus time-on this year as one of a raft of new measures put in place by the AFL in its bid to complete a season amid the coronavirus crisis.

AFL confirms ticket refunds after fan closure

  AFL confirms ticket refunds after fan closure AFL boss Gillon McLachlan has confirmed that fans will be reimbursed for all ticket purchases to Round 1 matches.The AFL has confirmed that fans who have purchased tickets to fixtures in Round 1 will receive a refund.

The shortened periods are designed to reduce the toll on players' bodies - and therefore the necessary recovery time between matches - as the AFL prepares to stage more matches in shorter time frames if the competition is put on hold at any stage.

"We love the way the game's been set up and we love getting a result like that," Buckley said.

"Fundamentally when you get down to it, the parameters of the contest are set and they're the same for both combatants, and then you've got to find the opportunity in those parameters.

"We think it suits us, but we're only one game in, so we'll see how we go."

Collingwood will get another strong gauge of their contested-ball prowess when they take on reigning premiers Richmond at the MCG in round two.

The Voice 9: Nikos Aliagas responds to internet users shocked by the sudden shutdown of the .
program © Screenshot TF1 The Voice 9: Nikos Aliagas responds to internet users shocked by the abrupt shutdown of the program This Saturday March 21 was the continuation of the battles of The Voice on TF1. Surprised to see the program cut short, netizens reacted strongly on the web. Nikos Aliagas was quick to respond on Twitter. Yesterday evening, TF1 was to broadcast the third episode of the battles of the new season of The Voice .

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 7
This is interesting!