•   
  •   

Sport NRL coronavirus: Craig Bellamy says Melbourne Storm haven't 'put anyone off'

04:16  26 march  2020
04:16  26 march  2020 Source:   sportingnews.com

Coronavirus: NRL players could be asked to take pay cuts – Greenberg

  Coronavirus: NRL players could be asked to take pay cuts – Greenberg NRL players could face pay cuts amid the coronavirus pandemic, chief Todd Greenberg said.The NRL season got underway last week and is scheduled to continue behind closed doors from round two.

The rugby league world is in awe of Craig Bellamy after the Melbourne coach extended his stunning feat of perfection in the NRL . Heading into the match the Storm hadn’ t lost in the opening round in the 16 years Bellamy had been at the helm, and in the first half that looked likely to stretch to another

Passengers on a flight out of Wuhan in central China have been screened by medics in Hazmat suits for symptoms of the 'SARS-like' coronavirus , which has already killed several people in the country.

Craig Bellamy looking at the camera © Provided by Sporting News

While most other clubs in the NRL have been forced into making staff cutbacks and other cost cutting measures, Craig Bellamy says the Melbourne Storm haven't "put anyone off" just yet.

The NRL and its clubs are in crisis mode after it suspended the season indefinitely on Monday evening.

The earliest footy will return is June 1, with September 1 the latest possible restart date.

NAB evacuates after employee tests positive to coronavirus

  NAB evacuates after employee tests positive to coronavirus Hundreds of employees have been evacuated from a National Australia Bank (NAB) building in Melbourne after a staff member tested positive to coronavirus. NAB CEO Ross McEwan confirmed in an email the 700 Bourke Street building was being vacated after an employee on the ground floor returned a positive test for COVID-19.https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1239774141923745792"In consultation with health authorities, we are vacating the 700 Bourke Street building and will have it pandemically cleansed," Mr McEwan said."All colleagues from 700 Bourke should go home and continue to work from home.

Anyone experiencing the same thing? Can coronavirus cause you to lose your sense of smell? Loss of sense of smell — also known as anosmia — isn’ t among the more well-known symptoms of the However, British authorities said on Sunday anosmia can definitely be a result of coronavirus .

The NRL has suspended the rest of the season as the coronavirus pandemic continues to shutdown businesses and services across Australia. The NRL has suspended the rest of the season indefinitely with immediate effect. League executives will move to postpone the season in a Monday night meeting.

With financial pressures already building, clubs across the NRL have been forced to make some tough calls, with the Panthers and Bulldogs already standing staff down.

That's not the case in Melbourne though, with Bellamy saying the Storm haven't been forced to take drastic action yet.

"It's a pretty touchy subject for everyone, not just footy players, but people," the veteran coach said on Fox League Mornings on Foxtel on Thursday.

"Whatever's happening in our sport, there's a lot more people in a lot more pain than us.

"I can only speak for the Storm at the moment, but we haven't put anyone off yet.

"Our hierarchy are looking at where we're at, and we're just trying to look after our people first.

"I'm sure there's going to be cuts coming, but we're trying to do the very best we can to not put any people off."

Cruise ship docks in Melbourne despite ban

  Cruise ship docks in Melbourne despite ban A cruise ship has been denied permission to disembark in Melbourne as health officials board to test a number of passengers with flu-like symptoms. The vessel docked at Station Pier at 5am but no-one is allowed off until test results come back. © 9News A cruise ship has docked in Melbourne despite a 30-day ban in Australia. Passengers are allowed to move around the ship.9News has been told it will be some time after 9am before they can leave the ship.The docking comes despite the Federal Government's 30-day ban on cruise ship arrivals.More to come.

Pictured: the Melbourne Cup at Flemington Racecourse in 2019. Racing is one of the last remaining sports in Australia after the coronavirus sparked the suspensions of the NRL and AFL seasons. Protective measures have been put in place to protect the racing industry from coronavirus sanctions.

Portugal initially said all passengers would be tested before being allowed off the vessel, but in the end only its own citizens were given the test. The remaining passengers, including some Britons, will now be flown home. Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?

Bellamy said he will get a clearer idea of where the Storm sits once the club knows how long the season will be.

"They're looking at a couple of scenarios, whether we do play for 12 games, whether we play a full season, or whether we don't play at all," he said.

"They're looking at those sorts of scenarios now, and when they get the results of those, we'll get a bit more news.

"But, we're trying really hard to look after our people first, and hopefully we can find ways around not having to put people off.

"But I'm not quite sure where that is at at the moment."

Full coverage: Read more on coronavirus from Microsoft News
Explainers: Health, life and work in the time of COVID-19
Donate: Support UNICEF's coronavirus response effort through Benevity
More info: Read the latest advice on COVID-19 from the Australian Government

NRL Coronavirus: Billy Slater reveals fears for game's professionalism as clubs begin to strip back football staff .
Premiership-winning legend Billy Slater fears the level of professionalism within the game will suffer if clubs are forced to strip back their football departments long-term as a result of the financial strain caused by the coronavirus. Many clubs have already temporarily stood their entire football staff, including head coach, following the NRL's decision to suspend the competition last Monday, amid the nation's tight lockdown measures.But with the game bound to require years to recover from what is being defined as a financial catastrophe, the reduction in staff size could become the new norm around the competition.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 0
This is interesting!