•   
  •   

Sport Darwin supercars event to go ahead with thousands of spectators despite coronavirus spread in Victoria

07:06  30 june  2020
07:06  30 june  2020 Source:   msn.com

Crowds given green light to attend Darwin Supercars

  Crowds given green light to attend Darwin Supercars The Darwin Supercars will return this year with crowds, the Northern Territory government has today announced. The major event draws thousands to the Top End every year, and COVID-19 restrictions had cast a shadow of doubt over whether spectators would be allowed at this year's fast and furious showdown. require(["inlineoutstreamAd", "c.

Russia is holding its postponed Victory Day military parade on Wednesday despite steadily rising coronavirus infections, as Vladimir Putin seeks a The Moscow mayor, Sergei Sobyanin, appeared to yield to pressure to end the city’s lockdown earlier this month but he has urged spectators to avoid

The premier of Victoria , Australia is considering stay-at-home orders and Earlier this month, she told AFP that the rescheduled Olympics will be safe despite the coronavirus pandemic, pledging a Azar says ‘window closing’ to halt US coronavirus spread as Pence urges people to wear masks – video.

a car parked on the side of a building: The supercars event normally attracts tens of thousands of visitors. (ABC News: Lincoln Rothall) © Provided by ABC Health The supercars event normally attracts tens of thousands of visitors. (ABC News: Lincoln Rothall)

The Darwin Triple Crown will be the first supercars event to go ahead with crowds amid the coronavirus pandemic, with the Northern Territory government welcoming interstate visitors despite growing concerns about the spread of the virus in Victoria.

NT Major Events director Tim Watsford said organisers had settled on a capacity restriction of 4,500 fans per day at the Hidden Valley raceway as part of a COVID-19 safety plan with NT Government health authorities.

"We usually have up to 30,000 to 40,000 people through here over the weekend, so there's a significant reduction in people that are allowed in," he said.

Sport-Fans allowed to watch Japanese baseball, soccer from July 10

  Sport-Fans allowed to watch Japanese baseball, soccer from July 10 HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS/JAPAN-SPORT:Sport-Fans allowed to watch Japanese baseball, soccer from July 10As in most of the rest of the world, Japan's major sports have been put on hold because of the coronavirus pandemic, with Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB) only beginning last week and J.League soccer to restart on July 4.

The premier of Victoria , Australia is considering stay-at-home orders and Earlier this month, she told AFP that the rescheduled Olympics will be safe despite the coronavirus pandemic, pledging a Azar says ‘window closing’ to halt US coronavirus spread as Pence urges people to wear masks – video.

"Given the continued spread of Covid-19 globally, convening a major sporting event , which is open to the public and allows thousands of international travelers and The new F1 season is due to begin in Australia on March 15 and Organizers in Melbourne have assured the event will go ahead as planned.

The race will be held on August 8 and 9.

NT Tourism Minister Lauren Moss said she welcomed tourists wanting to travel for the event, which falls after local border restrictions lift on July 17.

"We welcome people coming here to experience the Territory, it is the safest place in the country, it is a beautiful place, and we know that events are a big driver for people to come and visit us," she said.

#dayssinceEMBEDfull

She said those arriving from coronavirus hotspots would need to abide by NT government restrictions which include mandatory 14-day isolation.

"Obviously, if you are in a hotspot, there is the expectation that you will not travel to the Territory, or you will travel to the Territory and undertake quarantine, as per our guidelines, and that will be in place for some time," she said.

Thousands flock to Adelaide Oval for largest sporting spectator event since lockdown

  Thousands flock to Adelaide Oval for largest sporting spectator event since lockdown Thousands of people flock to Adelaide Oval for what is expected the largest sporting spectator event in Australia since the coronavirus lockdown. More than 4,000 people had booked seats for the reopening of the competition, which has been out of action for more than three months due to coronavirus.South Australian health authorities had approved up to 5,000 spectators to attend, with the state having officially recorded no new coronavirus cases for more than a month.SA Sports Minister Corey Wingard said it was exciting to see crowds streaming into the venue .

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Australia's Victoria state will implement mandatory coronavirus tests for returning travellers after a sharp spike in infections over the Despite the spike in Victoria , Australia's 7,700 cases and 104 deaths remain well below that of many other nations. Australia's Victoria state

The answers depend on the actions we take — and, crucially, on when we take them. Working with infectious disease epidemiologists, we developed this interactive tool that lets you see what may lie ahead in the United States and how much of a difference it could make if officials act quickly.

"It's not lost on us that this will be the first major event that goes ahead after COVID-19, and we want to make sure that not only is it really enjoyable for spectators, but that it's safe for spectators too."

Mr Watsford said organisers would ensure that racing teams coming from those hotspots also followed the rules around mandatory quarantine.

"We've got some work to do with teams identified in and around those hotspots, absolutely," he said.

"The track has been set up effectively like a hub, so regardless if borders are open or not, the teams, from a pit-lane perspective, will be isolated from the Territorian public."

He said the situation in Victoria was being monitored closely, but that he was confident teams from Victoria would do whatever they could to compete at the event, even if that meant going into quarantine.

But he added that the event could still be cancelled, depending on what happened with coronavirus in the NT or elsewhere.

"If there is an outbreak or something along those lines, we'll monitor the situation closely to ensure [that] the safety of our spectators and staff and Territorians [is] first and foremost."

There will be no concerts or support categories at this year's event.

People who already purchased tickets will have priority to repurchase new tickets, with general sales to start later in the week.

[Hearken embed]

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian says travellers from coronavirus hotspots in Victoria 'not welcome' .
As Victoria struggles with a spike in COVID-19 cases, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian discourages residents from allowing travellers from Melbourne into their homes.As Victoria struggles with spikes in COVID-19 cases, Gladys Berejiklian has urged NSW residents to reject visitors from south of the border.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 1
This is interesting!