Sport Rumour Has It: Liverpool, Man Utd chase Sarr as Atletico consider Suarez
Liverpool-bound Thiago: Leaving Bayern Munich the most difficult decision of my career
Ahead of his move to Liverpool, Thiago Alcantara has bid an emotional farewell to Bayern Munich with a message posted on social media.Bayern confirmed on Thursday the 29-year-old is heading to Anfield in a move Stats Perform News understands could eventually be worth £25million (€27.5m).
Liverpool and Manchester United could be set for another transfer battle.
The Premier League rivals were both reportedly interested in Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara, who is set for a move to Anfield.
Now it seems they could be targeting the same player once more.
TOP STORY – LIVERPOOL, MAN UTD TARGET SARR
Liverpool have enquired about Watford star Ismaila Sarr, according to the Daily Mail.
Luis Suarez 'TERMINATES his contract at Barcelona'
Despite long-term interest from Juventus it appears that Atletico Madrid is the next destination for the Uruguayan striker, according to Spanish outlet RAC. And the anticipated departure of Suarez will lead to Atletico shifting on former Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata, who will now return to Juventus on loan.
It reports Watford want at least £36million for the 22-year-old forward, who scored five goals and provided four assists in 28 Premier League games last season.
Meanwhile, The Independent says Manchester United are looking at Sarr as they continue to be frustrated in their pursuit of Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho.
- What is next for Luis Suarez? Goal reports Roma striker Edin Dzeko is set to join Juventus on a two-year deal, dashing Barcelona forward Suarez's hopes of heading to the Serie A champions. Fabrizio Romano says Atletico Madrid are considering a move for Suarez, while he also claims Napoli's Arkadiusz Milik is getting closer to a Roma switch.
- Gareth Bale's return to Tottenham is almost done. Sky Sports reports the Real Madrid attacker will fly to London from Spain on Friday after completing a medical, returning to Spurs after leaving for the LaLiga giants in 2013.
Torino 'still battling Atletico Madrid for Lucas Torreira's signature'
Lucas Torreira has fallen out of favour at the Emirates under manager Mikel Arteta and he could be on his way out this summer in order to raise vital transfer funds. And according to Sport Italia and Calciomercato, Serie A outfit Torino are still very much in the hunt for the Uruguayan despite Atletico currently winning the race for his signature. © Provided by Daily Mail Lucas Torreira has fallen out of favour at Arsenal under Mikel Arteta and may be on his way out It has also been reported that Torino directors are currently in London to negotiate a deal with Arsenal.
- Staying at Tottenham and The Sun claims Spurs had a transfer enquiry for forward Danny Ings rejected by Southampton. Ings enjoyed a prolific 2019-20 season, scoring 22 Premier League goals.
- After a difficult first season at Real Madrid, Luka Jovic is apparently considering his options. According to Marca, the Serbian forward is studying a temporary loan move from the LaLiga champions.
- At Madrid's rivals, Barcelona, more movement is also expected. Mundo Deportivo reports Ronald Koeman wants Ajax full-back Sergino Dest if Nelson Semedo leaves the club.
- Could Chelsea's spending spree continue? The Independent reports West Ham star Declan Rice is yet to decide whether to push for a move to Stamford Bridge, where the likes of Timo Werner, Kai Havertz, Ben Chilwell, Hakim Ziyech and Thiago Silva are new arrivals.
Video: "Jose Mourinho refuses to comment as Gareth Bale linked with Tottenham return" (Evening Standard)
Suarez joins Atletico: A look back at Barcelona's formidable 'MSN' trident in Opta data
After Luis Suarez joined Atletico Madrid, we look back at the formidable 'MSN' trident he was part of at Barcelona.Suarez's arrival at Camp Nou from Liverpool in 2014 saw him join Lionel Messi and Neymar at the LaLiga giants and the trio flourished.
Koeman: I am not the bad guy in Suarez-Barca movie but Messi's anger is normal .
New Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman has defended his role in the Luis Suarez transfer that angered Lionel Messi.Suarez, third on the list of all-time Barcelona goal scorers, left Camp Nou this week for Atletico Madrid.