•   
  •   

Sport Sancho left out of Dortmund squad with a 'respiratory infection'r

20:46  29 september  2020
20:46  29 september  2020 Source:   dailymail.co.uk

Dortmund director: Jadon Sancho will leave but NOT in this season

  Dortmund director: Jadon Sancho will leave but NOT in this season The 20-year-old England international will leave Borussia Dortmund in the future but the Bundesliga giants will not be selling him at all this season, according to director Sebastian Kehl. The England international is the subject of interest from Manchester United, who missed Dortmund's August 10 deadline earlier this year to sign the 20-year-old. While club director Kehl has reiterated that Sancho will be remaining in Signal Iduna Park for the 2020-21 season, he did confess that the Dortmund star could be moved on in the near future.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer holding a sign posing for the camera: MailOnline logo © Provided by Daily Mail MailOnline logo

Borussia Dortmund have confirmed star Jadon Sancho has been left out of their German Super Cup squad to face Bayern Munich with a 'respiratory infection'.

The two clubs are set to go head-to-head on Wednesday at the Allianz Arena with a rule change meaning the Super Cup now takes place at the home of the Bundesliga champions as opposed to the German Cup holders.

But Dortmund have now confirmed Sancho and goalkeeper Roman Burki will not fly to south Germany to take on their arch rivals due to respiratory infections.

Jadon Sancho backed to slot in seamlessly at Manchester United

  Jadon Sancho backed to slot in seamlessly at Manchester United Youth team coach Louis Lancaster oversaw the England international's development while at Watford, before seeing him move on to Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund. United appear in desperate need of reinforcements after a chastening start to their Premier League campaign saw them soundly beaten by Crystal Palace at Old Trafford.However, the powers that be at Old Trafford have so far refused to meet the £100m asking price set out by the Bundesliga outfit.

a man holding a frisbee: Borussia Dortmund have confirmed Jadon Sancho will not face Bayern Munich on Wednesday © Provided by Daily Mail Borussia Dortmund have confirmed Jadon Sancho will not face Bayern Munich on Wednesday Roman Bürki with a football ball on a field: Dortmund said Sancho and goalkeeper Roman Burki (above) have respiratory infections © Provided by Daily Mail Dortmund said Sancho and goalkeeper Roman Burki (above) have respiratory infections

The club however confirmed both players had tested negative for coronavirus.

The news comes with Manchester United plotting a last-gasp move for the 20-year-old before the transfer window shuts on October 5.

The England winger has been Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's No 1 target for months but Manchester United have been unwilling to match the Bundesliga side's £108million valuation.

But Sportsmail understands that United are preparing a bid of around £65m plus achievable add ons up to £90m for Sancho.

Sancho opens up on 'wake-up call' that kickstarted journey to stardom

  Sancho opens up on 'wake-up call' that kickstarted journey to stardom The Borussia Dortmund winger has thrived since moving to Germany from Manchester City as a 17-year-old in 2017, having come through the ranks at Watford before moving up north. Sancho was scouted as a nine-year-old by the Hornets when he was spotted playing in Kennington, south London, and has gone on to enjoy huge success in his young career.

a man with a football ball on a field: The news comes with Manchester United preparing one last attempt to sign the 20-year-old © Provided by Daily Mail The news comes with Manchester United preparing one last attempt to sign the 20-year-old Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wearing a suit and tie: United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is desperate to add an attacking player before October 5 © Provided by Daily Mail United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is desperate to add an attacking player before October 5

Dortmund captain Marco Reus however insisted the England international will not be leaving Signal Iduna Park before the window slams shut on Monday.

Asked about Sancho staying at Dortmund rather than returning to England, Reus told Sky Germany: 'For us players that was great news.

'We all were happy that he will be with us for one more year because he delivers assists and goals, so we get points.'

However, Reus admitted he expects Sancho to leave Dortmund at the end of this season, particularly if he continues to develop his game at the same rate.

Marco Reus holding a football ball: But Dortmund captain Marco Reus insisted Sancho will not be leaving the club this summer © Provided by Daily Mail But Dortmund captain Marco Reus insisted Sancho will not be leaving the club this summer

'If he gets as big as (Lionel) Messi or Ronaldo, we will see,' the Germany midfielder added.

Manchester United 'WILL let Daniel James leave for Leeds United'

  Manchester United 'WILL let Daniel James leave for Leeds United' The 22-year-old Welshman started Manchester United's 3-1 home defeat against Crystal Palace last week but was left out of the squad for Saturday's 3-2 win at Brighton.The 22-year-old Welshman started United's 3-1 home defeat against Crystal Palace last week but was left out of the squad for Saturday's 3-2 win at Brighton.

'He needs time, experience and it will be important how he manages the times when things don't go so well. But he has the confidence and the quality.'

Should United's bid for Sancho fail, they will revert to other options. Watford's Ismaila Sarr, Napoli forward Arkadiusz Milik and Juventus winger Douglas Costa are among those to have been linked with a switch to Old Trafford.

United have endured an incredibly frustrating transfer window so far, only managing to recruit Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek from Ajax in a £40m deal.

Read more

Video: ANDRES INIESTA AND IKER CASILLAS PREVIEW NEW LA LIGA SEASON (Mirror)

FA investigating Abraham's surprise party .
The Football Association is investigating after Tammy Abraham, Ben Chilwell and Jadon Sancho were pictured attending a party in breach of coronavirus regulations. © Getty Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham's surprise birthday party reportedly breached coronavirus regulations Footage was shared by The Sun newspaper which showed Chelsea forward Abraham and fellow footballers Chilwell and Sancho at a party in London with more than six people on Saturday evening.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 0
This is interesting!