•   
  •   

Sport De Goey faces court over driving offences

09:51  30 march  2021
09:51  30 march  2021 Source:   aap.com.au

SES slams NSW driver behaviour during floods 'completely unacceptable'

  SES slams NSW driver behaviour during floods 'completely unacceptable' NSW Emergency Services Minister David Elliott said State Emergency Service crews had received '4,000 distress calls' and made 500 rescues by 3pm on Saturday since the storm began. He said he expected the rescues to continue, mainly due to people driving into deep water.'It is completely unacceptable,' Mr Elliott said. © Provided by Daily Mail Hundreds of NSW drivers attempting to tackle flood waters have been rescued by the SES and that number is expected to reach 2000.

De Goey is accused of driving while suspended and using his phone at the wheel. The star player appeared in court from the office of his lawyer Candice Prince. Magistrate can choose to jail offender's for up to six months over driving offence . De Goey was a stand-out performer against the Blues last week in Magpie's win. He and another man face allegations of a separate indecent assault.

Collingwood star Jordan De Goey has faced court over an indecent assault allegation, with his co-accused now revealed. In 2018 De Goey took Jake Edginton as his date to the 2018 Brownlow Medal, but today the friends appeared in front of a magistrate via video link. The two men vowed to defend themselves against allegations that they both sexually violated a woman six years ago. Six witnesses will be called to give evidence and a magistrate will then decide if the two men are guilty, or not guilty, of indecent assault. De Goey is also due to face court next month on unrelated driving charges.

Collingwood AFL star Jordan De Goey has faced court accused of a string of driving offences.

Jordan De Goey standing in front of a crowd: Jordan De Goey has faced court charged with multiple driving offences. © Daniel Pockett/AAP PHOTOS Jordan De Goey has faced court charged with multiple driving offences.

De Goey appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court on Tuesday via video link dressed in a black T-shirt with his lawyer Candace Prince.

The 25-year-old has been charged with driving while suspended and using a phone while behind the wheel on Punt Road in Melbourne in July 2019.

He has also been charged with failing to wear a helmet or display his P-plates while riding a motorbike on Alexandra Avenue in February 2020.

Hate crimes on police 'more likely to be charged'

  Hate crimes on police 'more likely to be charged' Police officers and staff made up a small portion of overall cases but up to half of crimes charged.The new figures, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act from some of the largest forces in England, show that police officers and staff were the victims in up to half of the hate crimes charged in some areas, despite making up a tiny proportion of the overall number of recorded cases. The vast majority are serving officers.

Collingwood utility Jordan De Goey is in hot water again, with the AFL star facing driving charges. Twice banned by the club for his off-field indiscretions, the 24-year-old is due to face Melbourne Magistrates Court on Wednesday. He’s charged with driving while suspended and using a handheld device. It’s understood the case will be adjourned. De Goey ’s contract with Collingwood is up at the end of the 2020 AFL season, which is due to resume after its coronavirus-enforced break next month. The Magpies will play the Tigers in the season re-opener on June 11.

Mr De Goey was charged last year over an incident that allegedly happened after he, another man and a woman left a hotel in Kew in 2015, when the forward was 19 and in his first year with the Magpies. Jordan De Goey , right, at Collingwood's pre-season training last week. Credit:Getty Images. Mr De Goey was not stood down by his club or the AFL after he was charged, but ended up missing a large chunk of last season after he suffered a finger injury in round seven. He returned to play the last four games of the season. He is also due to face court in March on unrelated driving offences .

De Goey has yet to enter a plea.

Ms Prince sought to have De Goey's driving charges heard on the same date as his contest hearing for a separate charge of indecent assault relating to an alleged incident at Kew in 2015.

The three-day hearing is due to start on August 9.

However, magistrate Julie Grainger rejected Ms Prince's request after a police prosecutor said the driving matters were "pretty straightforward".

De Goey, who booted four goals last week against Carlton in his 100th AFL game, will next face court over his driving charges on July 8.

He and Collingwood ruckman Brodie Grundy are set to face Brisbane after both returned negative COVID-19 test results.

The pair missed training on Monday with what coach Nathan Buckley described as a "sniffle", having been ordered to stay away from the club until their results came back.

On Tuesday the Magpies confirmed both Grundy and De Goey had received negative coronavirus test results and would be free to return to the club - and therefore play in Thursday night's game at Marvel Stadium.

Accused rapist granted bail over alleged attack on three teenage girls in Brisbane apartment .
A third man involved in the alleged rape of three teenage girls in inner Brisbane late last year is granted bail.Over the weekend Queensland police charged the 21-year-old man, along with another two men and a teenage boy with more than 50 offences after a protracted child protection investigation.

usr: 0
This is interesting!