Sport United 'in talks to buy Australian team Central Coast Mariners'
Revealed: Australian suburbs where house prices are set to skyrocket
Sydney's out-of-control property market looks set to continue that trend with prices skyrocketing across the harbour city - with one region seeing a 10.8% increase in just three months.According to sales analysis conducted by research group Hotspotting, the New South Wales capital is looking at its biggest ever property price spike in the coming months.
Manchester United have entered talks to purchase cash-strapped Central Coast Mariners and could relocate the A-League side, according to reports in Australia.
United have held lengthy talks with Mike Charlesworth, owner of the Australian side, relating to the purchase of the club's licence in a bid to turn the side into a sister club of the Red Devils.
According to, a deal is not yet done but an agreement could see the Mariners uprooted from their Central Coast home and moved to the suburbs of North Sydney, subject to approval from Football Australia and the majority of A-League sides.
Wanderers, Mariners share A-League spoils
The Central Coast Mariners have missed an opportunity to move five points clear at the top of the A-League after a 2-2 draw with Western Sydney Wanderers.Mariners captain Oliver Bozanic slotted home a penalty with seven minutes remaining to earn the visitors a point in a contest they largely dominated.
United already have connections with the Australian side, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's assistant coach Mike Phelan a sporting director with the Mariners in 2018. He spent five months in his role with the club.
The Mariners have searched for investment for some time having constantly struggled financially in recent years. Charlesworth announced last August that he intended to sell his entire stake in the club.
Central Coast are two-time champions of the A-League and have won the Grand Final once, but are best remembered on these shores for hosting Usain Bolt for 'an indefinite training period' in 2018.
US asks Iran to be 'pragmatic' as optimism rises on nuclear talks
The United States said Friday it offered "very serious" ideas on reviving the Iran nuclear accord but was waiting for Tehran to reciprocate as partner nations voiced optimism following talks in Vienna. But the official said the United States was waiting for its efforts to be "reciprocated" by Iran.President Joe Biden's administration has opened indirect diplomacy with Iran in hopes of returning to the 2015 agreement, which his predecessor Donald Trump trashed as he launched a "maximum pressure" campaign in hopes of bringing Tehran to its knees.
The latest development is an indication that United are looking to follow in the footsteps of local rivals Manchester City, who have developed a bulky portfolio of associated clubs worldwide, including A-League side Melbourne City.
The Premier League side purchased Melbourne Heart in 2014 as part of the City Football Group global network, before rebranding them. They also own New York City, Mumbai City and Montevideo City Torque.
City initially bought an 80 per cent stake in the Melbourne club, worth AUD$11m (£6m) before buying the remaining 20 per cent for AUD$2.25m (£1.25m).
United are understood to be looking to build a network of clubs in Asia, which is acknowledged as a lucrative football market.
Manchester United want to buy and relocate A-League side Central Coast Mariners
Football giant Manchester United is currently in discussions to buy A-League leaders Central Coast Mariners - and relocate the club away from its Gosford base. According to a report in SMH, the Red Devils are deep in talks with the Mariners UK-based owner Mike Charlesworth about purchasing the club and moving it to the Sydney area.
The Old Trafford side are hugely popular Down Under. They attracted a crowd of 83,000 when they faced the A-League All Stars in Sydney in 2013. In 1999, the Premier League side attracted a combined crowd of 148,000 over two games at the MCG and Stadium Australia.
The Red Devils are valued at £3.05bn by Forbes and were ranked as the fourth-most valuable club in the world by the magazine with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich the only clubs worth more than United.
Family speaks out after loved one died after receiving Covid vaccine .
Genene Norris, 48, from the New South Wales Central Coast died on April 14 after receiving the embattled coronavirus jab on April 8. She developed blood clots the next day and four days after she received the jab she was placed on dialysis in an intensive care unit until her death.The Therapeutic Goods Administration's vaccine safety investigation found Ms Norris' case of thrombosis is likely to be linked to the vaccine.