•   
  •   

Sport Money not a factor in contract talks: Moses

14:15  04 may  2021
14:15  04 may  2021 Source:   wwos.nine.com.au

Eels concerned they'll be 'blown out of the water' by Broncos in Mitch Moses negotiations

  Eels concerned they'll be 'blown out of the water' by Broncos in Mitch Moses negotiations Parramatta's fears of the Broncos poaching off-contract halfback are growing following Tom Dearden's confirmed defection to the Cowboys. Dearden will join fellow new recruit Chad Townsend in Townsville next season and the pair's move from their respective clubs is expected to trigger dramatic movement in the player market. Moses, one of a host of high-profile playmakers coming off contract at season's end, is in the midst of negotiations with the Eels over an extension.

Parramatta Eels halfback Mitchell Moses says money isn't a factor in his current contract negotiations, revealing his focus is on signing a contract where his footy can do the talking.

Mitchell Moses wearing a football uniform: Mitchell Moses of the Eels © Getty Mitchell Moses of the Eels

Moses, who has an option in his favour to remain at the Eels next season, is in the middle of contract negotiations with the club after it was revealed the playmaker had knocked back interest from the Brisbane Broncos.

It's understood the Broncos were ready to offer Moses about $1 million a season before the 26-year-old opted against a move to Red Hill.

And while it's expected Moses will re-sign with the club, he spoke today to Nine's rugby league reporter Danny Weidler and admitted he's "happy" at the moment in Parramatta.

US judge: no immediate release of video of Andrew Brown shooting

  US judge: no immediate release of video of Andrew Brown shooting North Carolina judge rules against media and sheriff requests to make body camera video public.Pasquotank County Sheriff Tommy Wooten and roughly 20 media organisations had filed petitions to release the video of the attempted arrest and fatal shooting by sheriff’s deputies on April 21, arguing disclosure was in the public interest.

"I don't care about money, to be honest. It's not about that," he told Weidler.

"It's about where I'm going to play my best footy. I've played in teams that have lost games and have not had the best seasons.

"I'd rather be happy somewhere playing good footy and winning games than the money.

"I'm happy here at Parramatta at the moment, it's all a process at the moment.

"My management will let me know when there's something ready to sign."

Moses has until Round 10 to activate an option to stay with Parramatta for 2022.

Just last week, rugby league legend Wally Lewis said Moses had taken a big step forward with his game.

"Mitchell Moses (is) probably a bloke that's surprised me a little bit," Lewis said on QLDER.

"He has gone on to some wonderful performances and I think that probably his age as well, he's got a few more years left in him. I just believe that the way that he's been playing his footy recently has been so admirable, it's impressed everybody."

For a daily dose of the best of the breaking news and exclusive content from Wide World of Sports, subscribe to our newsletter by clicking here!

Safety fear for Afghan villagers raised in Ben Roberts-Smith case .
Four villagers who allege Ben Roberts-Smith was involved in the unlawful death of an Afghan farmer faced the risk of violent repercussions from the Taliban if details about them were disclosed before a coming defamation trial, a court has heard. Lawyers for Mr Roberts-Smith, a decorated former Australian soldier who is suing The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald for defamation, have called on a judge to order an Australian military inquiry and the federal police to release documents about the Afghan villagers before the trial starts in the Federal Court on June 7.

usr: 0
This is interesting!